Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2011, 21:56   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hard gear shifts in RTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
That's a lot of kms you have covered. Did you switch oil to a particular brand? Has the shift been always smooth for you?
From 13k I'm using Mobil1 10W50 Fully Synthetic. Yes, the shift has always been smooth.
Old 19th February 2011, 22:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
From 13k I'm using Mobil1 10W50 Fully Synthetic. Yes, the shift has always been smooth.
I'm sure it's the oil which is keeping your gears healthy. TVS oil sucks
Old 20th February 2011, 02:37   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
TVS oil sucks
+1 . Sure it s**ks!!..

And that's exactly why I changed the oil, immediately after my quota of free services. For two services (5k, from 7k-13k) I was running on Motul 10W50 Semi synthetic. It was pretty good too, and very economical. 395/L compared to 850/L of fully synthetic.

Still, if some one needs to go for a more economical option, then there is Castrol semi sync for just about 250Rs. Not sure about the name. Faarr, Faarr better than TVS oil.
Old 20th February 2011, 10:45   #19
BHPian

Try searching for Petronas Synthetic oil, they are doing a fab job on my rtr fi. Also Veedol Super Swift -Semi synth is advisable, but please ditch the TVS oil.
Old 20th February 2011, 18:45   #20
BHPian

It's high time I ditched TVS oil for good, but it's again w.r.t to the warranty which they keep harping about. Let me see what can be done this time round. Will keep you guys posted.
Old 21st February 2011, 00:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
hey where did u get Mobil1 from in Bangalore? I had no idea they even had that oil for sale.
Old 21st February 2011, 00:48   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Not Bangalore. I got it from Calicut, Kerala. If you need, I can source the contact number of the dealer in Calicut. Just PM me.
Old 21st February 2011, 14:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Abhinav! The RTRs till now which I have tried have been the 180s and yours is the only 160. All of them had smooth gear shifts.
Ah! Get it now. I thought your gear shift had become damn smooth. Well don't lose heart. Get the PG driven changed and lets see how it goes.

And yes my gear shifts have always been that way. The only thing that is changed is the oil. I was using Shell Fully synth oil from 3500 kms on the odo. Then switched to Motul Mineral oil from 9500kms. Motul mineral oil is equally good if not better than shell synth oil.

Quote:
.... This bike is sure taking me places!
No comments dude!! Of course its taking you places!
Old 22nd February 2011, 00:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

rdna i think you should really consider using the semi synthetic oil option i am using the motul 5100v semi synthetic 10 W 50, and this could be one of the reasons for the smoother shifts.
Old 22nd February 2011, 00:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
rdna i think you should really consider using the semi synthetic oil option i am using the motul 5100v semi synthetic 10 W 50, and this could be one of the reasons for the smoother shifts.
In my bike, Motul hasnt worked all that great actually. I thought AGIP actually was the best so far. Castrol was HORRIBLE :(.
Old 22nd February 2011, 06:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
I agree. Since customers have started ditching their oil, they moved from mineral to semi-synth. That's what their oil drums also read now but that it's still horrible. The only thing which is keeping me from shifting is when the clutch plates were replaced, Tristar told me that it would not be done under warranty and they just would not agree that it was indeed under warranty. When I bought this to the notice of the factory official, both of them had a discussion and agreed to have my bike serviced for the amount which was charged to me, a grand Rs. 950! Sending them email twice has not helped them. Probably they need to see the worse of a customer now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
In my bike, Motul hasnt worked all that great actually. I thought AGIP actually was the best so far. Castrol was HORRIBLE :(.
Lot of people swear by Castrol, but one hard run seems to put this one as bad as TVS.
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lot of people swear by Castrol, but one hard run seems to put this one as bad as TVS.
I can vouch for it. Castrol is actually Craptrol after 2-3 hard runs. The Motul mineral that I am using now is far far better than Castrol semi-synth.

Any update on the PG driven? Is the bike going for replacement today? The part was supposed to arrive today from the factory right
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:31   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The only thing which is keeping me from shifting is when the clutch plates were replaced, Tristar told me that it would not be done under warranty and they just would not agree that it was indeed under warranty. When I bought this to the notice of the factory official, both of them had a discussion and agreed to have my bike serviced for the amount which was charged to me, a grand Rs. 950! Sending them email twice has not helped them. Probably they need to see the worse of a customer now.
Well, I had to claim warranty once. Some of my tail light LED's were not working, and hence needed to replace the entire unit.

I have used the service of local TVS A.S.S guys only once, and hence the dealer flatly refused to replace it under warranty. Well, I called some of the numbers (Area Managers) in the Manual, and , the result was amazing.

They called me and routed me to a dealer who has the part in stock. And I got it replaced free of cost!.

May be you should try that route, instead of emailing.
Old 25th February 2011, 05:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Any update on the PG driven? Is the bike going for replacement today? The part was supposed to arrive today from the factory right
The part is supposedly available now, but now Mr. Factory guy is busy in his native and has been pushing it. So, it is next week now

Quote:
Well, I had to claim warranty once. Some of my tail light LED's were not working, and hence needed to replace the entire unit.

I have used the service of local TVS A.S.S guys only once, and hence the dealer flatly refused to replace it under warranty. Well, I called some of the numbers (Area Managers) in the Manual, and , the result was amazing.

They called me and routed me to a dealer who has the part in stock. And I got it replaced free of cost!.

May be you should try that route, instead of emailing.
This part is generally not replaced and thus the number of pieces which is manufactured as spares is quite less owing to the availability issue.
Old 28th February 2011, 21:37   #30
BHPian

Got the final part replaced, the PG Driven. I thought of giving it some time to settle, but after reading abhinav's situation of the front juddering, which even I'm facing from past 1 week, I've had it! I'm selling this crappy bike...............

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks