Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2011, 18:40   #1
BHPian

Engine parts tuning / Blueprinting

Its almost confirmed, just an endoscopy remaining. My bullet is diagnosed of acute heart disease and I suppose it'd need to be operated on soon

My bike is gradually developing a noise from the engine (most prominent while decelerating, sounds like a clat-clat as if some nut has gone loose inside the engine ). I've showed it to 3 mechanics including the authorized RE service centre and all suspect a piston/bore problem.

I am yet to get it opened up and checked, but I assume the worst. And, if yes, I am evaluating my options
1) The safe option: I can get the bore sleeved and if needed put in the new set of piston rings that I have. (I already have a set of piston rings)
2) Take this as an opportunity and tune up.
Now this option is difficult since I might need to source a new bore kit and it is almost impossible. Let me assume that I do get hold of one using some VOR request from RE (I have a STD 500), what all things can I do to improve the parts? I know that RE is notorious for bad quality parts, so does a blueprinting of the engine work good for me? What does polishing the parts mean?

I not am well versed with tuning of engine parts, so what's the best thing to do?
Old 7th January 2011, 21:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Engine parts tuning / Blueprinting

^^ hey jinga, sad to hear about your Bull's problem mate. Although, there's nothing like a new & quality replaced spare part. But the easiest & most effective option right now would be to get the bore sleeved. If done properly, it works fine.

It's a real pain getting the original kit from the company as far as I know.

Ride safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks