Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2011, 23:43   #1
BHPian

Bad experience at Bajaj Sai Service, Shivajinagar, Pune.

I would like to share my terrible experience at Sai Service, Shivajinagar, Pune. I took d delivery of my new Pulsar220-S on 17th oct, 2010. I had to ignore a few minor scratches on a brand new bike.

The 220 is a great bike and I was enjoying it. Unfortunately, the head-light, and the ferring got damaged when the bike somehow fell on 13/10/2010. I had parked the bike and it was unattended. I handed over the bike to Sai Service on the same day for repairs to be done under insurance cover (I was denied cashless insurance). Other damages were a minor crack on the mudguard, paint damage of the right air scoop, bracket for the head-light, and a possible fork-out. There was no damage on the fuel tank, visor, indicators, mirrors or any other part. I was promised the delivery of the bike in 8-10 days.

Hereafter the bike lay untouched until 27th of December, when I visited the workshop and insisted that the work be completed at the earliest. The bike was ready on the 4th of January, 2011. I was not notified about the completion of the work on phone. I visited Sai Service and found out that the bike was complete and the bill amount was Rs3751/-. I went back yesterday (07/01/11) to collect the bike. Apart from the delay, I discovered a fresh, deep dent on the fuel tank. Also, there are fresh scratches on the visor. I brought the damage to the notice of the supervisor. He refused to accept the negligence and says that the damage was already there. He added that it was there when the insurance surveyor inspected the bike and it wasn’t repaired since I did not want it to be repaired, which is not true. When I insisted he agreed to get it repaired under the insurance cover, and it will take around 5 more days. But again I'll have to pay the balance amount. About the scratches on the visor, he says that they happened after I collected the bike, and they are not responsible for any damages.

I tried to convince him but he did not budge and got into an arguement.

I am completely frustrated. Dont understand how to get it fixed.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th January 2011 at 00:00.
Old 9th January 2011, 00:37   #2
BHPian

Re: Bad experience at Bajaj Sai Service, Shivajinagar, Pune.

1. The dent on the tank.
2. Scratches on the visor seen on the upper left corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad experience at Bajaj Sai Service, Shivajinagar, Pune.-dsc04287res.jpg  

Bad experience at Bajaj Sai Service, Shivajinagar, Pune.-dsc04291res.jpg  

Old 9th January 2011, 09:18   #3
BHPian

Boss, u stay in pune,a mecca of great two wheeler mechs everywhere,why do u even want to go to authorised point for service when all they will do is charge u and in return ruin ur bike.

Living in goa i have come numerous times to pune and everytime have got my bike serviced from shirish joshi,my bike runs trouble free and for minor things like disc pad change or brake liners i do it locally.

if i was in your place i would never go to authorised bunch of idiots rather get the bike serviced from a reputed mechanic,trust me my bills in authorised would be like 2400/- at one point i have even paid 5k plus.

last time i got my bike head replaced,valves etc etc,although parts supplied by me,the total bill for fixing new head and service came to just 750/- the same would have costed me a few times more in authorised.

No offence to anyone ...dump the a.s.s go to a good mechanic.
Old 9th January 2011, 12:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Boss, u stay in pune,a mecca of great two wheeler mechs everywhere,why do u even want to go to authorised point for service when all they will do is charge u and in return ruin ur bike.

Living in goa i have come numerous times to pune and everytime have got my bike serviced from shirish joshi,my bike runs trouble free and for minor things like disc pad change or brake liners i do it locally.

if i was in your place i would never go to authorised bunch of idiots rather get the bike serviced from a reputed mechanic,trust me my bills in authorised would be like 2400/- at one point i have even paid 5k plus.

last time i got my bike head replaced,valves etc etc,although parts supplied by me,the total bill for fixing new head and service came to just 750/- the same would have costed me a few times more in authorised.

No offence to anyone ...dump the a.s.s go to a good mechanic.
His bike is new. Wouldn't it void warranty if the local guys have a go on the bike?

@OP-Make sure you give them a good dressing down and since you have taken a note of the damages, I hope you also have taken pictures of the bike. Shoot off a mail to Bajaj. There might be few people who knows the right people to contact. Keep us updated!
Old 10th January 2011, 01:03   #5
BHPian

@Scorpian: I am doing it there because of the warranty. My Pulsar is just 3 months old. Once I am out of warranty, it will never goto those people.
Are there any good authorised service stations?

@Rdna: I have mailed to Bajaj customer care along with the pics. No reply as yet. Whom else can I contact and bring up the matter?
Old 11th January 2011, 00:23   #6
BHPian

Bajaj hasn't replied to my mail yet. Whom do I contact now?
Old 11th January 2011, 11:04   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Customer service e-mail is a great concept, but when dealing with a non-IT company; that is companies that operate in the real world, direct talk and loud complaining works best.

Your bike's user manual should have the numbers of the Bajaj Regional Managers of various zones. Call the RM for your zone (West, I should think). That worked for me when I was in Hyderabad and I found shoddy service work on my new 180. After arguing with the service manager at the workshop, I called the RM. He called the service manager back at once and things got sorted out.

Also, look around the customer lounge at the service station/workshop, there should be some numbers displayed for customer grievances, try calling that one. Again, that worked for me at an Enfield workshop in Bangalore. The customer services manager called the service manager at once and again, things got sorted out.

Good luck!
Old 11th January 2011, 11:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

I think Sai Service belongs to Suresh Kalmadi. He has chain of bajaj Service stations in Pune and Mumbai.

I agree for bike many of the service personal and Owners have casual attitude while handling bike to them for service and this is the thing that service guys takes benefit and do not accept their mistakes.

While handling over bike/two wheelers to them do a round about inspection of current damages in bike and make them write on job card about previous damages.
Old 11th January 2011, 12:01   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I think Sai Service belongs to Suresh Kalmadi. He has chain of bajaj Service stations in Pune and Mumbai.

I agree for bike many of the service personal and Owners have casual attitude while handling bike to them for service and this is the thing that service guys takes benefit and do not accept their mistakes.

While handling over bike/two wheelers to them do a round about inspection of current damages in bike and make them write on job card about previous damages.
Next time I am going to click photgraphs of the bike whenever i leave it at authorised service station.
Old 11th January 2011, 12:19   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
1. The dent on the tank.
2. Scratches on the visor seen on the upper left corner.
Check the job card. A dent like that will surely be on the job card. You must have signed an all ok on it while leaving your bike there.

If they have added it to the job card after that. Then you are dealing with some serious crooks. They would go to any extent to cover this up.

Better look for a different service center and take the issue with Bajaj directly.
Old 11th January 2011, 13:40   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Check the job card. A dent like that will surely be on the job card. You must have signed an all ok on it while leaving your bike there.

If they have added it to the job card after that. Then you are dealing with some serious crooks. They would go to any extent to cover this up.
Good point! Even if their copy has something added, your carbon copy should have the original unaltered details. I am assuming here the process is identical to what is done in MASS.
Old 11th January 2011, 14:16   #12
BHPian

@spitfire,mmxylorider: Its not mentioned in the job card. for that they are giving the excuse that I did not want the dent to be removed. Hence it is not mentioned in the job card. Why the hell would I not want it repaired?!
Old 11th January 2011, 14:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@spitfire,mmxylorider: Its not mentioned in the job card. for that they are giving the excuse that I did not want the dent to be removed. Hence it is not mentioned in the job card. Why the hell would I not want it repaired?!
AFAIK, whether you want it repaired or not, its their duty to mention the major dents/scratches which are there on the bike before taking it in. And as Spitfire has mentioned you would have signed it saying you accept that there are scratches/dents before the SVC took the bike.
Old 11th January 2011, 15:12   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Hence it is not mentioned in the job card.
Ok looks like this is your first bike and first service center experience.

By listed on the job card I didn't mean for repairs.

When you handover your bike for service the Service Manager will look for all dents, cracks and scratches (major one's) and mention it on the job card - not under the jobs to be done section but under a different section labeled body damage or something to the effect.

He will confirm them with you and both mutually agree that these are present before you handover the bike. Your signature on the Job card considers amongst other things the above.

Now if there is no mention of that dent on the Job card (before servicing) and at delivery if you had seen the dent, cross verified the job card to see its not listed then you have all the authority to haul their rears over coal.

But if you didnt and signed an all ok. Then there is nothing much you can do. Live and Learn.

EDIT: abinav.s mentions the same.

Last edited by Spitfire : 11th January 2011 at 15:15.
Old 11th January 2011, 19:24   #15
BHPian

This is the job card which has no such section....
Attached Thumbnails
Bad experience at Bajaj Sai Service, Shivajinagar, Pune.-job-card.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks