Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2018, 17:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Motorbike Security Systems - Alarms, Disc Locks, etc.

Came across this & sharing - https://grip-lock.com/home/

Here's a demo on using the product -

Not sure about the origin, we have a Caps Lock instead of Grip Lock

Old 17th December 2018, 11:13   #17
BHPian

Hey fellas, I used to use xenas back in 2012 but those were without alarms. They were pricey but complete value for money. My question is, does anyone still uses them in 2018?

Any new player in the market worth investing 😁 Thanks!
Old 17th December 2018, 11:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Hey fellas, I used to use xenas back in 2012 but those were without alarms. They were pricey but complete value for money. My question is, does anyone still uses them in 2018?

Any new player in the market worth investing 😁 Thanks!
I still use my Xena XX-6 disc lock. The metal plate at the bottom of the unit which locks the alarm module in place broke a couple of years ago (no idea how) but I still use the lock without the alarm.

You may want to consider U locks which can be used to lock the bike to a pole or a fence making it a tad safer in public places. There are tons of locks, mechanical and electrical available now. Check out revzilla, bikebandit and others.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 11:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I still use my Xena XX-6 disc lock. The metal plate at the bottom of the unit which locks the alarm module in place broke a couple of years ago (no idea how) but I still use the lock without the alarm.
Thanks for the quick reply n_aditya. Could you please recommend which of the following product is good value for money.

1. https://www.amazon.in/Xena-Intellige...&keywords=xx14

2. https://www.amazon.in/Xena-XX10-SS-D...xena+disc+lock

Considering the complexities of electronic gadgetry, would it be ideal to stick with XX-6? Also, how difficult is to get the batteries here in India of the electronic module?

Furthermore, I am also contemplating D-Lock from Decathlon. your views please?

3. https://www.decathlon.in/p/8342034_5...tml#/180-235-_

Thanks!

Last edited by drive_angry : 18th December 2018 at 11:53.
Old 18th December 2018, 13:55   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply n_aditya. Could you please recommend which of the following product is good value for money.

Thanks!
Just get this from aliexpress, its a dead on copy minus the marketing hype and does the job swell. Comes with extra batteries and will probably outlast your bike.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...27424c4dJsnQ65

I paid 20 USD. Look around and you'll find it for the same price with free shipping etc thrown in.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 21:34   #21
BHPian

Does anyone use or can anyone recommend a heavy duty chain used to secure motorcycles to immovable objects? The domestic ones I can find on Amazon seem to be fairly basic\easy to cut and the imported ones are exorbitantly priced. Any middle ground?
Old 24th December 2018, 20:24   #22
BHPian

Ended up ordering an Oxford chain and lock from FCMoto. Hope the customs duty doesn't kill the deal.

For those looking for something without having to worry about customs, search for 'Master Lock 8273EURDAT Value Pack' on Amazon India. It includes a chain, lock and floor\wall anchor for a little under 11k.

I didn't opt for this because the chain links are 8 mm thick, and I wanted something a little more heavy duty. However, this looks better than anything else available domestically.
Old 29th December 2018, 18:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The numerical digit in the xena lock signifies the thickness of the locking pin in mm. I have the XX-6 and it is more than enough IMHO. If you want to higher, the lock itself will be bulkier. XX-10 will be bulkier than xx-6 and xx-14 the most of these three. I would suggest to go with the one that has the loudest alarm.
Old 25th January 2019, 14:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
Ended up ordering an Oxford chain and lock from FCMoto. Hope the customs duty doesn't kill the deal.

For those looking for something without having to worry about customs, search for 'Master Lock 8273EURDAT Value Pack' on Amazon India. It includes a chain, lock and floor\wall anchor for a little under 11k.

I didn't opt for this because the chain links are 8 mm thick, and I wanted something a little more heavy duty. However, this looks better than anything else available domestically.
Scratch the local recommendation for the Master Lock value pack. Found an Oxford Boss chain (12mm square links) and lock available on Big Bad Bikes for about 9.4k. Couple that with a ground anchor like the Trimax Wall/Floor Anchor from Amazon for about 3k shipped, you can get much better theft prevention for around the same price.
GreaseMonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 00:21   #25
BHPian

Can we get the abus disc lock here locally ? (Bangalore) . I’m specifically talking about their top end models (granit).
I saw the Oxford boss locks in Big Bad bikes. Is that the best we can get locally ?
Old 17th April 2022, 21:04   #26
BHPian

Reviving an old thread. Is anyone here using the disc lock or any other motorcycle locks?

Are there any recommended brands?

Are there any Indian websites stock good quality locks? I tried to do some search and I see the options are quite limited / not available (Kryptonite, Oxford etc.) in most Indian online stores.

Most Viewed