Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2011, 00:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Custom choppers are they street legal?

You may be having another bike. So you can ride that bike regularly and keep your moded 500 classic for occasional use. This way there will be much less chance of getting it impounded. Just be very careful and dont crash it. Thats a simple and the only solution I guess...
Old 26th January 2011, 16:05   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Zappa View Post
Yes I agree with you completely as regards insurance and today spoke to Akshay/ Adil at Verdenchi and was told that if one gets caught we need to 'manage' the RTO. They told me that the insurance will be void as soon as I get any mods done on the bike and best way would be to get a third party insurance on the bike after the mods. question remains what if the bike gets impounded..in today's time with the frequent checks we have cops stopping...but if you look at the custom bikes ..it is very inviting
Well what is there to be managed with RTO? if the modded vehicle is caught,it is caught by state police,not by RTO.
If theY impound the vehicle,they send the case to court, rto is no where loop,so setting with rto goes for a six ,when the bike is at mercy of court.
Court ask for approval certificates, else vehicle remains at impound station forever.
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:56   #18
BHPian

I have been checking out all these custom bike manufacturers -- Varanchi, Rajputana Customs etc etc. My question is what about the bike they build from scratch, ofcourse with a Royal Enfield heart??? Just take Rajputana Customs as an example most of their bike don't have a front mudgurd, no indicators... How will these bikes be registered and made into street legal machines. Obviously the owner is shelling out lakhs for these bikes...
Old 23rd April 2011, 07:26   #19
BHPian

Guys let's take it this way, (I might be slightly off topic but I guess for good) if someone wants to build a bike from scratch; how to go about it. I mean as dustom_99 mentioned that the bike goes for homologation at ARAI. Has anybody ever researched about it or have spoken to the people relation officer at the RTO? I did try the different state RTO websites but nowhere it's mentioned about registering a custom build bike/car. I happen to google as to how one can register a custom and found out that in US the issuing authority issues a chassis number (VIN I guess) and followed to which a DMV is issued. How simple is that. Why is there no laws here or I might not be aware of if there's one. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks