Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 12:27   #1
BHPian

10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold

Note: This is not to heart bulleter's feelings but this is this is my own experience.

After long search/reading on internet and discussions with friends finally I made mind to book a Royal Enfield STD 350, at that time I was impressed with Thunderbird as well but budget was the concern.
I booked STD 350 and got delivery at Raisoni Agencies Pune, one of the pathetic dealer in pune who later closed down by Royal Enfield because of complaints.

I am lucky this was the last lot of STD 350 Right Gear Shift from RE

10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold-p5110011.jpg

The occasion was my birthday 19th june 2009 and the bullet was gifted by my wife.

I have completed 10,000 kms in last month and thought of writing which I have experienced from last one and half year.

First impression.

I was riding Hero Honda Ambition so the right gear shift is the first hurdle however I forgot everything after I heard thump and experienced the legendary ride quality, I use to drive only on 1st and 2nd gear for 20/30 kms After some days the game started.

Everyone looks at me, whenever I stop at signal and enquirers about what is on-road price? Do we still get this bike? Wow great congrats. Paisa vasul

First ride was to Sinhgad (Fort near pune) and to my surprise bullet climbed all the rode to fort on 3rd and 4th gear with pillion. This is the bullet, bravo.

The main purpose of buying a bullet is off course leh ladhak trip, to prepare bullet and ourselves for that ride we planned for Pune to Goa and back, its 1200 kms journey round way. I will write that experience in different thread, the experience was very nice, unfortunately we faced extreme weather however bullet haven’t stopped for second in heavy rain. I lost engine plating and shine in that trip. :(

Things I like:

Ride Quality: This is the best bike I ever ride; you can’t feel stressed after riding for whole day or 100 or more kms

Look: Very nice legendary king type looks, I find many men/women and kids as well looking at my bullet at signal and on road.

Thump: This is world know fact and I like it lot (Current stock silencer will not give you original thump, you need to change the silencer to aftermarket)

Power 346cc/19.8 bhp: You will definitely feel this power while riding. A Black horse.

Gear Transmission: Perfect, for first time you will get confused however when you are used to it, no comparison at all.

Handling: Hard in city but cruiser on highway. If you change the handle to Machismo one then maska in city as well.

Things I don’t like:

Overall finish: This is well known fact about Royal Enfield; some parts are already rusted before delivery and less choice at dealer.

Electrical: Very cheap wiring which result break-down if not noticed at the time of servicing.
First issue I faced was electrical problem, when all lights are on the horn went buzz. After losing some thousands started living with it as it is.

Support from Royal Enfield: There are less authorized service center and some of them use duplicate parts as well, I am not finding original clutch cable anywhere in pune.

Modifications done:

Split Seat: I was waiting for classic seats however no idea when will be available also can be expensive. I got after market seat from Nana peth, Pune for 2200, looks awesome.

Handel: Modified to Machismo handle with weights, lesser vibrations and good handling quality in city traffic.

Silencer: Modified to after-market (not indore) silencer, not sure about type however got from Nana peth royal Enfield dealer Pune.

Head light: Modified to Electra headlight unit, getting good amount of light.

Modifications Planned:

Disc break: Front disc break, my mechanic is good in fitting rear disc break as well however I am not interested in.

Front mudguard number plate: For this I will need to drill mudguard so on hold.

I keep talking on my Bullet however I stop now as bullet thing will never stop.

Overall I am happy with my black beauty.

Keep thumping.

Vishal.
Attached Thumbnails
10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold-p5130019.jpg  

10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold-1.jpg  

10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold-3.jpg  

10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold-p8090015-b.jpg  

10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold-p8110107.jpg  

10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold-p8110147-bw.jpg  

Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2011, 13:49   #2
BHPian

re: 10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold

Hi Thar4x4,

Congrats. The pictures are very good. I can understand your emotions when you ride the bullet as I too own a 2009 model Bullet STD 350. I can see another bullet in one of the pictures. So you have a like minded bulleteer for your trips.

Happy Thumping !
Old 28th January 2011, 15:24   #3
BANNED

re: 10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold

Welcome to the fraternity.

And 10k in one month. AWESOME. You are on the right path to being a biker.

Get a disc upfront worth the money spend. Wont realize it right away but the brake fade after you start replacing the drum pads is huge.

Regards and ride safe
Ex-Bulleter
Old 28th January 2011, 15:29   #4
BHPian

Hey Spitfire,

I am sorry if there is typo however the 10000 kms are in 1 and half year. Hope I will make the 10000 kms in 1 month, good dream

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 28th January 2011, 15:45   #5
BHPian

This is how bikes should be ...

Made of Steel - not plastic
Designed by men - not machines
Timing set by skilled hands - not microchips

RIDDEN BY MEN - NOT BOYS.

Many congrats to u ... unfortunately we will never have the pleasure of seeing a brand new CI engine Bull with a right foot shift again.

Respect.
alok_balsekar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2011, 15:59   #6
BHPian

Great pics. Looking forward to read the writeups for your trips.
My std 350 which was bought in August 2009 also completed 10000kms this month.
Although majority of my travel has been in the city coupled with a very few high way trips.
You can also have a look at the RD350 handle bar it provides unmatched comfort.
Get disks in the front, they beat the age old drums black n blue.
As for rear disks there is absolutely no need as the drums are quite potent.
Old 28th January 2011, 16:13   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
I am sorry if there is typo however the 10000 kms are in 1 and half year.
Oops my mistake. Awaiting those Goa pics.
Old 28th January 2011, 16:38   #8
BHPian

Thanks Alok, yep this is different machine.

Thanks Iron, surely I will try RD handle however i have already 3 handle with me now, one from S class, one original short and now machismo.

I have question guys, Is it possible to put write up for trip here which was done in last year? if that is fine then I will be more than happy to put it here as write-up is ready with me.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:36   #9
BHPian

Hi Vishal. U have a handsome bull with lots of character! Please go ahead and post your travelogue here as it is your own biking experience.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhkris View Post
Hi Vishal. U have a handsome bull with lots of character! Please go ahead and post your travelogue here as it is your own biking experience.
Hey madhkris,

Thanks for your comment.

here you go:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-re-350-a.html
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:26   #11
BHPian

^^ great looking bike, great photos and a great writeup.
Good to hear from somebody who is so satisfied with the machine. Keep thumping.
Old 4th March 2011, 12:35   #12
BHPian

Awesome pics and write up. I too own a STD 350 2009 model (Dec). Have completed 7500Km. Its an awesome ride and have planned for few long rides.

Regards,
Subu.
Old 4th March 2011, 12:49   #13
BHPian

@Thar4x4 : You have got yourself a nice machine. Congratulations and wishes for years of happy thumping.
Regards Adrian
Old 4th March 2011, 13:39   #14
BHPian

Thanks you all for your encouraging comments!

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 15th March 2011, 15:07   #15
BHPian

@Thar4X4, congrats on the bike dude. My bike is contemporary with your bike. Even I got my bullet in the last lot. Very much happy to own one

I guess one thing is sure, you will never regret owning a bullet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks