Team-BHP - Tyres for Fiero 2002 model?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Tyres for Fiero 2002 model? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/95966-tyres-fiero-2002-model.html)

I own a Tvs fiero 2002 model. I want good sticky tyres for it. I am confused with Zapper Fs/Zapper Y for front/rear or to go for 3.25/4.00 Michelin M45's. Experts please suggest?

Go for Michelin M45 if you are having alloys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petroguzzler (Post 2227682)
I own a Tvs fiero 2002 model. I want good sticky tyres for it. I am confused with Zapper Fs/Zapper Y for front/rear or to go for 3.25/4.00 Michelin M45's. Experts please suggest?

I changed the tires on my fiero a few weeks back and this is what i have now.

Front - Michelin M35

Rear - Michelin Sirac Street

Both are stock size, tube type.

The grip is excellent and i highly recommend these tires.

This was the first tire change since i bought the bike in 2001 so initially they felt a bit wierd (compared to the factory fitted TVS tires).

But after around 100-150 kms the tires wore in well and now I am able to corner at speeds like never before.... i even manage to scrape the footpegs without any fear....

So go with the above suggestion and you wont regret it. ;)

P.S. It cost me 3.4k for the tires and tubes in blore.

Edit - M45 reportedly seems to have uneven wear and tear, hence i suggested M35.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 2227980)

Rear - Michelin Sirac Street

Edit - M45 reportedly seems to have uneven wear and tear, hence i suggested M35.

Hi Aditya,

I am looking for new shoes for my Bajaj Discover , currenty it's shod with 3.0 17 inchers Ceat .

Is the Sirac street available in 3.0 X 17 inch profile, I was also considering the M45.
Any suggestions on this would be very helpful and any pointers on the price?

Also the expected life of the tyres.

Thanks,

MP

I am using the following tire on my Fiero.

Front - Michelin M45 stock size.
Great tire. Amazing grip. Performance in wet is good.
It grips tarmac very well, but grip is not good on smooth concrete surfaces.

Back - Dunlop Monster 100/90
It seems it will last for ever. Grip not as good as M45.
Don't upsize to 100/90 as the tire has started to hit mudguard with pillion. My next change will be Michelin.

I have become a Michelin fan after using their tires in car and bike. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorpsycho (Post 2409818)
Is the Sirac street available in 3.0 X 17 inch profile, I was also considering the M45.

The tire is available in this size. I was considering an upsize but chose to stick to the stock size.

Completely agree with Patiencewins.

I have tried various tyres on my bike till date. Here goes the list.

1) Stock TVS 100/80*18 - My rating crap tyres
2) MRF Zapper C - 100/90*18 - Good tyres
3) Ceat (forgot the exact make) 100/90*18 - Better than MFR, softer compound tyres, but prone to punctures
4) Pirelli Sport Demon - 110/90*18 (tubeless) - Very good tyre, but very heavy for the RTR.
5) Continental Tyres 100/90*18 - Decent grip, but very high probably of punctures (I myself had about 11 punctures in the 20K kms tenure)
6) M45 4*18 (2 tyres) - Very good, completely satisfied until i came across pilot sport and sirac street
7) Michelin Pilot Sport 100/90*18 (tubeless) - Superb dry tyres, soft compound
8) Michelin Sirac Street 100/90*18 - Looks very good, excellent grip and very good for offroading. On gravel surface, slight feeling of wobbling.

The Michelin M45 is a very good Tyre. I have used up 2 M45 4*18 on my RTR. Now running on Michelin Sirac Street (100/90*18) :D

For fiero the best bet would be M45 3*18 for the front and 3.25*18 for the rear.

Guy's need your help,

Would you suggest fitting the MRF Zapper 100/80 tyre(the one on the Yamaha R15) on the Discover 125 currently running a Ceat Zoom 3.00 X 17" Tubed version. I need something with good grip and lend better to cornering.

Thanks in advance.