Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 16:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero Honda launches the Refreshed Karizma R

Many of us dislike HH strategy of cosmetic upgrades, but it keeps coming back because of only one reason – it works!

If HH will provide features like rear disc, LED lights, tubeless tyres etc to ZMA then who will buy the ZMR?

Last edited by bluevolt : 4th February 2011 at 16:18.
Old 4th February 2011, 16:31   #17
BHPian

[quote=jkdas;BSIII ? The bike is not even BIV? ]

BSIII is the current norms for 2 wheelers. BSIV is expected from 2013 onwards. So OEMs for 2 wheelers target BSIII for the engine upgrade.

May be a power upgrade is also needed for Karizma now
Old 4th February 2011, 16:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Many of us dislike HH strategy of cosmetic upgrades, but it keeps coming back because of only one reason – it works!
Nope, that doesn't work nor help much. HH has established a strong brand image of reliability with the masses and on that is HH banking.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 4th February 2011 at 16:41.
Old 4th February 2011, 18:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Those indicators look odd ! As usual , HH (oops it's now HERO) keeps messing the looks of its products !
Old 4th February 2011, 22:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero Honda launched Refreshed Karizma R

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
I'm disappointed! they should have added new graphics on the Disk brakes as well as the rear view mirrors too!
Hillarious.

I have lost my faith in Hero Honda. All my eyes are on Honda - I love the refinement of Honda engines!!
Old 4th February 2011, 22:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

A little , but will the brand name change post the 'separation' of Hero & Honda? Or was that just speculation and did not really happen at all?
Old 5th February 2011, 12:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
A little , but will the brand name change post the 'separation' of Hero & Honda? Or was that just speculation and did not really happen at all?
The seperation will be in effect 2014 onwards. HH has nearly 3 years to officialy prepare a R&D dept or find another thechnology partner. Considering the liquidity HH has and market share, it should not be too difficult a thing.

They are good till 2020 IMO as they have the engines they can recycle for the forseeable future with Pro, Plus, Xtreme pro, Xpro Plus, hell a buch or permutation and combination. Cant blame them actually. It works for them. I would do the same if it worked for me. If it is not broken, dont fix it!

Seriously, if Karizma sells above a certain number per month, there is really no need for an upgrade on the tech stuff. Just keep the audience engaged with 'better' graphics and be done with it.
Old 7th February 2011, 09:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Would love to see some sales figures vis-a-vis competition in the same bracket. I am pretty sure the Karizma is not pulling in numbers that Bajaj is. Maybe this strategy of multiple dumb variants isn't paying out. Its definitely cheap, but I doubt it will work for a guy putting down a lac for a bike.

Cheers.
Old 7th February 2011, 15:22   #24
BHPian

I had been to couple of HH showrooms in Chennai in the weekend and it looks like Karizma is in great demand. They didn't have a demo vehicle as well. The earliest delivery date commited is between 2 to 3 months. And by the way, many sales guys didn't know that a new Karizma-R is on the way! some indicate the price may be hiked for the new model (price not yet available at showrooms).
Old 6th April 2011, 19:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
I had been to couple of HH showrooms in Chennai in the weekend and it looks like Karizma is in great demand. They didn't have a demo vehicle as well. The earliest delivery date commited is between 2 to 3 months. And by the way, many sales guys didn't know that a new Karizma-R is on the way! some indicate the price may be hiked for the new model (price not yet available at showrooms).
True. Even I went to the showroom at Nandanam to have a look at 'refreshed Karizma-R' early march 2011. They said it is already launched and showed me ZMR instead. They even refused to take booking. Phew!

Last week visited again to see if any news about Karizma-R, and was glad to see a white and black 2011 model.

After due consideration on pros and cons (including delivery time) would take a decision whether to go for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks