Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2011, 20:18   #46
BHPian

Re: CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamdoot View Post
Here is a pic of the chamber on my 4 speeder speedfreak is talking about i guess. We know of it as the malaysian chamber [built for the rxz].
There is absolutely no low end, very min. midrange but yes the top end is good. Maybe on a 5 speed it will perform better. This one sure is the most good looking chamber available.

Like 2strokejunkie said you have to learn from mistakes. I am still searching for the perfect street chamber for a stock 4 speeder after trying and modifying 3 chambers!
Thanks for the print screen Yamdoot .

Well I have seen this chamber earlier, one of my friend has it on, But I wasn't aware that its called the Bangkok / Malaysian Chamber

I would agree with you, the chamber looks nice and neat. But my requirement is for a mid range one, with a little initial too. I do not mind if there is no top end.

So I guess a custom made one is the right one for me.
Old 10th July 2011, 23:48   #47
BHPian

Glad u took it in the rite sense Sameer - ur a smart chap , so here's another bit of advice.

However smart you are don't overdo the intelligence on your 2 stroker unless you are working on it yourself - excessive thought put into something that is actually very simple just kills the sort of enjoyment that you would have otherwise derived from it - remember back in the day when we got our first ride on a motorcycle and how thrilled we were ?? Now the same people but with lots of "knowledge" under their belt cannot derive 1/4 of the happiness from the same machine - some, despite spending TONS of money on it - excessive knowledge confuses and corrupts if you do it wrong - know enough to save you for becoming a bakra, and if you do, no harm in making a mistake as long as you learn.

I guess I speak off what I've seen and done & do not want someone else to go down the same path - that should explain what comes across to you as an over-reaction. You should thank your lucky stars that you are in Bangalore - 2 stroke enthusiasts who live in other parts of the country aren't half as lucky as we are.

Tip number 2 :

Since you've got hold of the rite fella to build you a chamber, remember this - Great chambers are nothing - without lots of man hours put into "setup" . For that you either gotta go to the right mechanic OR you need to learn to wrench and tune yourself - which will be a long drawn process requiring u to put in lots of man hours into it - one chap even quit his IT job.

A chamber that isn't half as good - but with the right setup and tune - can blow your mind away . A simple thing like glass wool can make a huge difference to your low end torque. Perfection is a fine line and very few people have the skill to take it there and keep it safe - tuner or rider.

Tip number 3 :

Keep it safe, run premix.

This is gonna be one long journey to happiness - Hope you get there fast and enjoy your trip !

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 11th July 2011 at 00:17.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 12:52   #48
BANNED

I have used these Malaysian or Taiwan or whatever country you can refer in my ported RX and later on friends big bore on RXZ(160 cc, 65 mm wiseco piston, 10 mm extra stroke, RZ350 reed, 28 mm flat slide carb with power jets) but the only gain was on top end low and mid was as it is, at least in big bore case. Now I have taken the big bore bike from my friend and soon installing the most wicked chamber I have ever seen around, lets see how it works out, as I was never satisfied with any RX around so one good friend told me after RD you'll never and for you best will be Big bore on chambers and I was fortunate enough to get hands on his chamber (yes he gave me his chamber as he moved to other league of bikes where you need to control the bike to not to enter them in power band), after finishing my LT this is going to be my next project.
Don't ask me the config of this chamber but one thing I can share is that the basic is from Yamaha's most success full in-line twin two stroke bike, and it's like having chamber designed by Yamaha racing team.
Old 17th July 2011, 01:58   #49
BHPian

Guys, Finally after all the posts, I met the chamber builder and have ordered for an expansion chamber.

Its a mid + initial one, with a medium sized BELLY.

I am going to get it in the coming week.

All thrilled and excited

Will post up the pics, once I get it
Old 19th July 2011, 03:54   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer9797 View Post
Guys, Finally after all the posts, I met the chamber builder and have ordered for an expansion chamber.

Its a mid + initial one, with a medium sized BELLY.

I am going to get it in the coming week.

All thrilled and excited

Will post up the pics, once I get it

Congrats.

The Bangkok/Malaysian/Taiwan or whatever chamber is a little bad on low end torque but once you put a drill bit in your cylinder the bikes packs such a big punch it could throw you off if you're not careful!!

Exhaust note is not for the weak hearted. It is coarse and violent on full blast. If you're looking for those smooth metal clinging sounds then a custom made one is best.

Remember a chamber guy cannot give you power. It is a mechanic/tuner who understands how to set up the engine to make the chamber work.

Posts pics once its done.
Old 19th July 2011, 20:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
Congrats.

The Bangkok/Malaysian/Taiwan or whatever chamber is a little bad on low end torque but once you put a drill bit in your cylinder the bikes packs such a big punch it could throw you off if you're not careful!!

Exhaust note is not for the weak hearted. It is coarse and violent on full blast. If you're looking for those smooth metal clinging sounds then a custom made one is best.

Remember a chamber guy cannot give you power. It is a mechanic/tuner who understands how to set up the engine to make the chamber work.

Posts pics once its done.

Dude my Bore is absolutely Stock for now. I dare not play up with it, considering the availability and the astronomical prices quoted for a 5 speed bore

I was very particular on chamber having loads of Mid Range + Initial. I did not bother about the Top End, since it was for Road use. Thats why went in for a custom made one.

Getting it tomorrow, Will post the pics soon
Old 20th July 2011, 11:23   #52
BHPian

ur working with the wrong bore since u want initial - mid range , 4 speed bore is exactly what u need ! porting will work wonders if done by the right person - stock is safer. congrats enjoy your chamber and the sweet smell of 2T

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 20th July 2011 at 11:25.
Old 23rd July 2011, 15:02   #53
BHPian

@ SAMEER.. pics pics!! performance update! we are waiting!
Old 26th July 2011, 21:42   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamdoot View Post
@ SAMEER.. pics pics!! performance update! we are waiting!
Finally got the Bike. Here are the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed-phone-pictures-006.jpg  

CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed-phone-pictures-007.jpg  

CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed-phone-pictures-008.jpg  

CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed-phone-pictures-009.jpg  

CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed-phone-pictures-013.jpg  

Old 26th July 2011, 21:50   #55
BHPian

looks like a nice pipe for ur app. hows the performance ? get it jetted and tuned to feel its true potential .

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 26th July 2011 at 21:56.
Old 26th July 2011, 22:01   #56
BHPian

I will post up a video pretty soon.

At low revs I get the chilling sound exhaust note, which I am personally not a great fan of. At higher REVS, I get a very good exhaust note.

Performance Update :

Tuning wasn't right for the chamber, went to my mechanic and got it tuned.

1) I am not totally happy with the performance. I did not feel drastic increase in the power either. On the contrary I felt the power decreased at lower RPM levels.

2) The exhaust note is the only thing that I am totally satisfied

3) The Bike seems to REV very well and it pulls more in all gears, more than the usual. 3rd gear 70 KMPH looks easy and simple.

4) I am not sure If I can improve the performance by some Upjetting and getting replacing air filter.
Old 26th July 2011, 22:47   #57
BHPian

1) compression is not enough to give u low end - screw in a compression gauge and post ur reading
2) thats very important too
3) 5 speeder = top end
4) jetting maybe , replacing air filter ? no .

Looks like you need more than a carb tune to get u wat u want.

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 26th July 2011 at 22:53.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 23:03   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
1) compression is not enough to give u low end - screw in a compression gauge and post ur reading
2) thats very important too
3) 5 speeder = top end
4) jetting maybe , replacing air filter ? no .

Looks like you need more than a carb tune to get u wat u want.
1) Will have a check and let you know.

2) The exhaust note is very good. Something that even the Shogun owners can envy of.

3) Agreed that 5 Speeder = top end. Post chambering, I did 120 KMPH, and the acceleration never stops even after 90 KMPH. But to use it to its full potential in City, I need the Initial to come into picture by what ever means possible. Will consider all options to bring the initial into picture.

4) Any recommend Jet Size ?
Old 27th July 2011, 01:45   #59
BHPian

hahaha sameer so you're hooked. welcome to the club of mad men.

140 psi should be ur ballpark target.
compromise on top end - you cannot have everything. ideally u should be targeting strong low end torque , fat midrange and scary top end - without any flatspots - that what i like anyway . it might take a long time to get there depending on ur tuner and the feedback you give - things get very complicated on a chamber - any weakness is amplified by it. cannot recommend jet sizes - dont upjet like crazy , upjet in sizes of 10 and see where ur performance starts to drop. check ur plug - rust brown = ur very close. u should hopefully being going to a experienced hand who knows what hes doing so you dont have to break ur head on jetting.

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 27th July 2011 at 01:58.
Old 27th July 2011, 09:03   #60
BHPian

sorry double post . btw who is ur current mechanic

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 27th July 2011 at 09:08.

Most Viewed