Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2011, 16:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Query Regarding Yamaha Power Box

RTZ has it fitted at the bottom of the fuel tank. Guess its best when the bikes have it company fitted.

Do 4 strokes also have intake resonators ?
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2011, 21:51   #17
BHPian

Re: Query Regarding Yamaha Power Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suyog_007 View Post
hey Guys Can Any One Tell Me Whats The Use Of Power BoxNote From Moderators - Please follow the default formatting for posting. (No typing entire posts in bold.. (thats for mods only))
Hi there,

In carburetted engines, when the throttle is opened suddenly the, air-flow in the carburettor increases significantly but the corresponding fuel mixture is weak initially. There is a lag in the bikes performance.

In some bikes, this is dealt with an accelerated fuel pump (as far as I can recollect what it is called) for eg the CBZ Keihin carb which pumps in excess fuel in the venturi when the airflow exceeds a specific limit.

One method of dealing with the issue is to get a resonator. It is simply a box (dimensions and shape are precisely calculated) which stores the air-fuel mix during normal running. When the accelerator is rammed open, the resonator feeds the cylinder ensuring that the lean mix from the carb is some what compensated.

This is a design feature and if the rx100 did not come with a resonator and the 135 did then it is due to some reasons only the designers would know.

Hope I have the correct explanation here
alok_balsekar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks