Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 16:59   #31
BHPian

re: Suggestions Required: Which Bike to buy ? EDIT: Bought a 2003 Rx135 4-speed

I do not recommend the HH Hunk. My wife's nephew has it. I had a tough time trying to source the rear brake cam lever and the brake rod. I virtually ran pillar to post to get the cam. The brake rod is still unavailable. To make it worse, the design of these brake parts are not the same as CBZ. I had to escalate the issue to Hero Honda. This bike never sold in good numbers; so parts are difficult to source according to Pratham Motors guys in Pune.

Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 15th February 2011 at 17:00.
Old 15th February 2011, 17:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Three votes to a GS150R I'm lovinnn it! Hope the buyer too likes it, thats more important.
One vote of skepticism!!!
The suziki bikes are not sold in good numbers and I had trouble with non-availability of spares. I am not sure about it as a long termer!!

PS: I have a Suzuki Zeus.
Old 15th February 2011, 17:37   #33

I would recommend you splendor+, as you have never used bike before i think it is the best bike to start your voyage with mighty two wheelers.

One thing that i like about this bike is that you dont need to take care of anything, just fill your tank and leave everything on this machine. might be this is one of the reason why this is one of the best selling bike in our country.

This bike will definitely fulfil your major requirements like your budget, FE and minimum maintenace.

Good luck for your new bike

Last edited by g.nox : 15th February 2011 at 18:09.
Old 15th February 2011, 18:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.nox View Post
I would recommend you splendor+, as you have never used bike before i think it is the best bike to start your voyage with mighty two wheelers.
Guess you misread the OP's post. He has used bikes before. But for the last 10+ years he has not used a bike regularly. So he should be totally at home using the 150cc+ bikes.
Old 15th February 2011, 22:56   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.nox View Post

One thing that i like about this bike is that you dont need to take care of anything, just fill your tank and leave everything on this machine. might be this is one of the reason why this is one of the best selling bike in our country.

This bike will definitely fulfil your major requirements like your budget, FE and minimum maintenace.
There are much better bikes available in India which do much better than Splendor. (in all corresponding fields)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Guess you misread the OP's post. He has used bikes before. But for the last 10+ years he has not used a bike regularly. So he should be totally at home using the 150cc+ bikes.
Yamaha FZ & Dazzler are very dynamically sorted Motorcycles. Anyone can feel home on these.
Old 16th February 2011, 07:54   #36
BHPian

where is the thread starter - comeon let us know your decision or what are you thinking
Old 16th February 2011, 09:40   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
where is the thread starter - comeon let us know your decision or what are you thinking
I guess he his taking his test rides.
Old 16th February 2011, 10:03   #38
BHPian

Hey Guys, Am taking all the suggestions you guys are pouring here.

I took the TD of the following bikes and here's the update:

Bullets: Not an Ideal city commuting bike: but the feel of owning and driving on the long drives is priceless, It really pampers one..aah..!!

Avenger: 2Kms TD, legs started aching due to its short stance.

Unicorn: Nice bike to drive but not worth 65+k IMO. Am a guy who looks for VFM and not brand conscious at all.

Splendor & Passion: Not as quick as my current Samurai. will be considering either one of them

Yet to TD:

Suzuki, Yamaha and TVS bikes.

Another important point i noticed here is, the feel of driving the 2-Stroke (My current Samurai) and 4-Stroke (All those bikes in the market today) is entirely different.

2-Strokes are lot more fun, quicker and peppy to drive is what I personally feel. Am also considering post 2005 Rx135 CC in the used market.

Will get back to you guys with more updates.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 16th February 2011, 10:12   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Am also considering post 2005 Rx135 CC in the used market.
Should I say you have hit the nail on the head?

A wonderful choice. Just make sure you get hold of a good mechanic and spares aren't a issue. The 5 speed iteration is a better pick I think.

If you are looking for fun, along with FZ, have a test-ride of the Yamaha YZF-R15 and shift gears after 9000 revs. Believe me, you will be floored.
Old 16th February 2011, 10:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@scuderiamania: Fazer and FZ are tooo funky for my age though I love Yamahas.
@amit: Again, no funky looking bikes . I would probably consider Splendour. Any idea how much would it cost ?
Since you are so firm on "no funky" bikes, I suggest you consider:

A cosmetically modded unicorn:

Suggestions Required: Which Bike to buy ? EDIT: Bought a 2003 Rx135 4-speed-85824.jpg
Suggestions Required: Which Bike to buy ? EDIT: Bought a 2003 Rx135 4-speed-85827.jpg

It was my friend and a fellow bhpian's unicorn. He too wanted a retro looking reliable bike.
You can read more on:
Honda Unicorn - Cosmetic and Performance mods - please give your views (Pics on Pg 9) - Team-BHP

PS: You can think about a similar modification to almost all the faired bikes, including a karizma!!!
Old 16th February 2011, 10:53   #41
BANNED

If you are 2 stroke addicted don't look further hunt for good used RX 135 4 speed if its for purely city use and enjoy your trip.
First step towards 2 stroke slowly on you can graduate them.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:17   #42
BANNED

Quote:
2-Strokes are lot more fun, quicker and peppy to drive is what I personally feel. Am also considering post 2005 Rx135 CC in the used market.
Welcome to the dark side. LOL, forget the test rides get yourself a well maintained 2 stroke.
Old 17th February 2011, 10:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another important point i noticed here is, the feel of driving the 2-Stroke (My current Samurai) and 4-Stroke (All those bikes in the market today) is entirely different.

I know someone who traded off his CBZ for TVS Samurai for that peppiness. I was like when he told me that.

Side note: Even though myself a RX fan and owner, RX is best suited for city drives and not for long highway drives. It lacks 3 digit top speed (but whatever top speed it does, it's bliss to hear the engine).
Old 17th February 2011, 10:27   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Side note: Even though myself a RX fan and owner, RX is best suited for city drives and not for long highway drives. It lacks 3 digit top speed (but whatever top speed it does, it's bliss to hear the engine).
+100. That is the only limitation. Almost everywhere it rocks.

Till 80kmph, nothing beats the feeling that a RX-100 provides.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
RX is best suited for city drives and not for long highway drives. It lacks 3 digit top speed (but whatever top speed it does, it's bliss to hear the engine).
Couldn't agree more. I owned an RX135 4 Speed for an year. It was amazing in the city as it was light and peppy. But I was not confident to take it to speeds above 90kmph. But I think the OP wants to use it only in the city during peak traffic hours and it will come out trumps due to its light weight and easy maneuverability!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks