Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2011, 20:04   #1
BHPian

Ducati coming to Bangalore!! Edit - Dealership Open at Lavelle Road.

I thought someone or other would break the news - But since no one did, here it is: Ducati is now in Bangalore! The company finally realized that there is an untapped market here :-) [I know atleast one person was worried about getting one since Bangalore did not have a dealership - I see one Honda CBR250R booking getting canceled!]

I went to UB City couple of days ago only to see a Ducati stall on the open terrace. They had a HM, Monster 796 and Stealth 848 Evo on display. (The 848 was already sold and had a barricade around it - Appreciate the dealers for that! They didn't let any one even touch it!)

However, they let people sit and even take pics on their other demo bikes. Since drooling I was over the Evo, I did not take any pics.

The showroom is coming up in a month's time adjacent to existing Harley Davidson showroom in Lavelle Road.

Have fun guys!
Old 16th February 2011, 20:16   #2
BHPian

re: Ducati coming to Bangalore!!

I have deliberately forgotten where I kept my check book just for this reason.

Now it would be more harder to keep it away.
Kind of like Ducati bikes!
Old 16th February 2011, 21:31   #3
BHPian

Thanks for this wonderful news! Will check it over this weekend If only these beauties were not high maintenance....
Old 17th February 2011, 12:10   #4
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Sriram, thanks for writing down .

I'm told this will be operative by end of March or early April. I missed the display vehicles @ UB city. Hope they do continue to display this coming weekend there or at some other mall.

Did you get a chance to talk to anyone representing them? This is indeed a great move by Ducati and a liitle surpised they did not move a little faster. Apart from the existing line up, there's also a chance of a cheaper 800cc as a CKD from Thailand When - don't know though! ( Precision Motors MD was talking about it in an interview on another forum ;-))
Old 17th February 2011, 12:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
I have deliberately forgotten where I kept my check book just for this reason.

Now it would be more harder to keep it away.
Kind of like Ducati bikes!
did you get your busa yet ???

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2011 at 11:35. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS language on this community please
Old 17th February 2011, 18:30   #6
BHPian

Re: Ducati coming to Bangalore!!

Turned it down. Cooling heals for sometime to select something that will save something in my bank
Old 17th February 2011, 21:05   #7
BHPian

Of all bikes, M796 makes most sense with 7.99 ex showroom. The bike costs 9.2L OTR Mumbai, so expect somewhere in range of 9.6L OTR in Bangalore (may be less, I am not sure) - A naked bike that you can drive around city and also cruise around in highways. Most other bikes are not practical (Btw, who said these bikes are practical in India )

I think M796 is the best bet for a good and affordable(?) bike experience in India!

Let's wait for the showroom to open to get exact OTR prices - I've already started saving
Old 17th February 2011, 21:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

I had gone to UB city and had taken some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati coming to Bangalore!! Edit - Dealership Open at Lavelle Road.-dsc01861.jpg  

Ducati coming to Bangalore!! Edit - Dealership Open at Lavelle Road.-dsc01936.jpg  

Ducati coming to Bangalore!! Edit - Dealership Open at Lavelle Road.-dsc01913.jpg  

Old 17th February 2011, 21:37   #9
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Of all bikes, M796 makes most sense with 7.99 ex showroom. The bike costs 9.2L OTR Mumbai, so expect somewhere in range of 9.6L OTR in Bangalore (may be less, I am not sure) - A naked bike that you can drive around city and also cruise around in highways. Most other bikes are not practical (Btw, who said these bikes are practical in India )

I think M796 is the best bet for a good and affordable(?) bike experience in India!
The best part about the Monster is that it retains the oomph factor along with the practicality. The only equivalent would be the Augusta Brutale. Hard to chose between the two. Since the Ducati is here and the Agusta not, we can talk about the Ducati. Having said that, the after sales is a big question mark but then which brand is providing a hassle free ownership? I hear complaints from Jap owners as well (except may be the ProBiking folks)

Quote:
Let's wait for the showroom to open to get exact OTR prices - I've already started saving
Hey Bro - can't get it out of mind eh? ;-)
The pricing I received by HDFC is attached but this was in October-10. Note that registration charges have not been included because the folks didn't have a clue if it can be registered in Bangalore (from Mubai) without hassles...LOL. With Ducati now available in Bangy, guess this should not be a problem
Attached Images

Last edited by JVH : 17th February 2011 at 21:43.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2011, 22:24   #10
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Spoke with the Bangalore manager. The showroom will be opened in the 1st week of May. They are taking bookings and I was told 3 models are already delivered. 2 in Bangalore and 1 in Bellary.
Old 28th March 2011, 11:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The showroom is coming up in a month's time adjacent to existing Harley Davidson showroom in Lavelle Road.
Not adjacent to HD showroom.
Ducati showroom is coming up between Nitesh Buckingham gate & Chemistry (Lavelle regency) opposite to Vitra.
Old 21st June 2011, 09:20   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ducati opens showroom on Lavelle Road, Bangalore. This is the brand's fourth showroom in India. It's a 3S facility apparently, with sales / service / spares all under the same roof.
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of the bikes from the showroom. Please bear with the quality of pics as these were shot using a cellphone camera.

My favorite... The 1198 SP.

Ducati coming to Bangalore!! Edit - Dealership Open at Lavelle Road.-17062011127.jpg

The 1198 SP and the Hypermotard

Ducati coming to Bangalore!! Edit - Dealership Open at Lavelle Road.-17062011128.jpg

Ducati Streetfighter

Ducati coming to Bangalore!! Edit - Dealership Open at Lavelle Road.-17062011129.jpg

Ducati coming to Bangalore!! Edit - Dealership Open at Lavelle Road.-17062011130.jpg

The Diavel

Ducati coming to Bangalore!! Edit - Dealership Open at Lavelle Road.-17062011131.jpg

Ducati coming to Bangalore!! Edit - Dealership Open at Lavelle Road.-17062011132.jpg

The 1198SP looks stunning and gorgeous in flesh. The front cowl resembles the great white shark and the bike looks fast even at standstill. I was blown away with the looks of this bike. She is absolutely stunning and no amount of words or pics come close to the beauty of this machine.

I have more pics from the launch party and will post them when i have time. I also managed to capture a video of the 1198SP being fired and revved just before the party kicked off.

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd June 2011 at 11:34.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 02:15   #14
BHPian

Nice pictures. Thanks for the upload.
Old 27th June 2011, 10:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I also managed to capture a video of the 1198SP being fired and revved just before the party kicked off.
Mate, still awaiting the video links

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks