Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:38   #1
BHPian

Want to sell my 11 Year old bike, I need suggestions over an NOC issue

Hi All,
I was almost about to complete the sale of my 11 year old bike bajaj calibre, but there is a issue now. Please help me out here with your valuable suggestions.

I had bought this bike in 1999 June this was under finance and it got cleared in 2000 Dec and hypotheciation was removed from bajaj finance, and in 2001 Feb i was supposed to relocate to A.P, so I took a NOC from the RTO Indiranagar. But never asked for any road tax refund, as I just wanted to relocate the bike. But suddenly situation also changed and I was not going to relocate to A.P for good. But I never cancelled my NOC, and I still got my insurance done and continued using it in Bangalore and even paid traffic fines.

I know it was a mistake on my part to not to get it cancelled then itself, so what can be done now to resolve the issue. Basically I never bothered to worry about it until now. I got an offer for 11k for this bike, 76k on the odo, I just want to sell it now as I dont think it will be possible for me to get any better price after few years.
  • Is there any fine to drive without cancelling the NOC, as I never got the road tax back and its still paid full in karnataka ?
  • Now if i want to sell it, is it a big hassle to cancel the NOC and sell it?
  • Would the RTO ask me to prove that I never took the vehicle out of karnataka in the first place. I have old insurance copies but not for all the years.
  • Can I sell a bike with its insurance already lapsed, are they even linked in someway.The bike was not being used since i got a 4 wheeler so Its insurance also expired and its due now. I can renew the insurance but the buyer is willing to do it directly on his name after the sale transfer is done.
  • Please suggest a best possible option to tackle the issue.
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:40   #2
BHPian

Re: Want to sell my 11 Year old bike, I need suggestions over NOC issue

All i can say is get in touch with a good RTO agent and let him do whatever is needed to be done. I dont think the RTO will even have records of the NOC and the fact that the bike is still registered in karnataka there should be not problem transfering the bike to the new owner.

1> Dont think so.
2> The NOC i guess is valid for 6 months from date of issue.
3> Dont think so. Just get it insured once before transferring.
4> Yes you can sell it without insuring. But i think for transfer they need the vehicle to be insured.
5> Get to a good RTO agent. Will save you a lot of hassles.
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

I fear the NOC may create a trouble. The records in the RTO may indicate that you had obtained an NOC and they may need a proof from Andhra police stating that your vehicle was not involved in any accident or is free of any criminal case.

I had applied for NOC to transfer bike to Kerala but never registered the same in Kerala in a similar situation. But i had to get a NOC from Kerala RTO as well as a criminal certificate that ensure my bike has no criminal case pending. This was required to first to cancel the NOC issued by chennai RTO.

I guess this will be your case too.
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:17   #4
Team-BHP Support

You do not have a valid registration on the bike now. (Its been removed from Karnataka RTO 11 years back, but never been registered in AP). Hence, the procedure is going to be a headache.

NOC needs to be cancelled from A.P. You will need to obtain NOC from relevant police station / Crime Records Bureau in A.P, and produce the same to the R.T.O (AP RTO to which NOC has been issued) to get the NOC cancelled.

Since NOC has been issued before 11 years, you may need to pay the associated road tax for AP. (Although you never took the bike to AP, legally it has been transferred to AP 11 years back).

After obtaining cancellation letter from AP RTO, Produce the same in karnataka RTO along with sale letter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks