Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 15:29   #1
BHPian

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!

About 2 weeks around the same time on my watch I bought the Ninja 250R. This was after a long wait of over a decade I brought home the Baby Ninja. And it was worth all the wait. Guys here are a few pictures for you too look at. I have been very busy over the last fortnight between moving my home and office work which has kept me from taking the Bike out and ride. Thanks to member threads by BalenoPower, Adithya, Mibaa and Brocklock who have put up wonderful ownership experience on the Forum, made my buying decision pretty easy.

A little background about my riding over the years, The first bike I remember riding on was a Yezdi when I was 3 yrs old with my dad. The first geared bike bike I owned was a Hero Puch Turbosport which was gifted by my dad when I was in 12th. After 2 years I sold that to buy a Kinetic Honda. Both were fine and served their purposes but they lacked the feel of the yezdi, and when I took up my first job I bought a 1984 RD 350 LT. That was love found at last, during the same time I bought a Maruti 800 and also had a scooty at home. Financially my situation was pretty tight maintaining all those vehicles, Since I was the only guy who was using the three 2 wheelers and one car. I had to go out of the country and came a time when my parents sold everything except the 800. I hated the fact that I had to let go of my RD and Kinetic, but that was life then. Though I did occasional hop onto friends bikes during my years out of the country, I never felt a real urge to buy one. And my love for riding bikes had ended there, since other priorities took precedence.

After a decade the bug bit me again, esp when HD came to India and Honda announced the plan to launch the CBR250. I was waiting for the CKD HD models and was disappointed by the pricing being offered esp the Dark Custom. The CBR250 was ideal but I felt Honda would never be able to satisfy my demand of service levels. After much thought and reading up I decided to go for the Ninja. Due to available funds all I had to convince was my better-half. She had been resisting the idea of a bike for as long as we have been married. Since I travel quite often and not at home at long periods of time, at some emotional state she relented. I was in Kampala and had to close everything before she changed her mind. Called Pro-biking in Hyderabad, got a quote. They had 2 Green and 1 Black readily available. One Green was ready for delivery and then they asked if I could choose the colour then they could block it. I loved the black but I decided to go with the Green. Spoke over the phone with the manager and arranged everytihg over the phone. I was going to come down to India in about 3 days. I asked my wife to pay a booking amount so that the bike would be blocked. I told them to keep the bike ready for delivery on a particular date and time. Over the next 2 days I was on the Edge, I read and smiled all the time. Even during my meetings I had a big grin. On the day I arrived I got a call promptly from the Manager at Pro-Biking that if I would like to do the PDI, but due to Jet-lag I told them to get the Bike to their showroom. Reached the showroom and as the Auto was taking a U-Turn I saw a flash of Green pass by, told my wife I think my Ninja passed us, she said I was hallucinating. And in about 30 seconds the service engineer was still on the bike parking it. Damn it was a moment I was waiting for so long, from the next 3 days I could not stop smiling.

I need to add that people at Bajaj Probiking was extremely Professional and Courteous. Since I had told them I would only do the payment once I looked at the Bike and satisfied. Just before I was drawing the full amount by Cash, I paid up. The Service Engineer explained and answered each and every query when the paper work was getting done. Everything was put into an order and then I was thanking my stars I had done the right thing buying the Ninja instead of the CBR. Took the bike home and parked it for 3 days since I had a lot pending issues to finish up. Exactly after 3 days took the bike out for the customary Pooja and the same night went on a ride to fill fuel. BTW this is the 2011 Model, there are 3 changes to the newer model, which has the white speedo, the saree guard is bigger and finally the tail is painted all green unlike the earlier black.

Here are a few pictures, I have only ridden about 160 odd kms. My safety gear includes a Bell Vortex helmet with Solfx shield, Teknic Stinger Jacket and Teknic Chicane gloves. I will shortly post my initial thoughts of the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-1.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-2.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-3.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-4.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-5.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-6.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-7.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-8.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-9.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-10.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-11.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-12.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-13.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-14.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-15.jpg  

Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!-16.jpg  

Old 25th February 2011, 15:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally the Ninja 250R arrived!!!

Congrats
looks haute,and this is the color to own.
looks like dials have been updated to white.
look a bit better than those old one's
Old 25th February 2011, 15:41   #3
BHPian

Congratulations on your Ninja. Hope you have many years of happy ownership. Glad you went with the green color. IMO that's the color that defines Ninja.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:46   #4
BHPian

Green looks awesome. Black is just a norm. This will turn heads for sure! Great buy!
Old 25th February 2011, 16:08   #5
BHPian

Whats the recommended Octane rating for the fuel that goes in? Whats the on road price and where do you live? This is the perfect bike to accompany a black Cruze with Bronze/frosted gold alloys in your garage. Start saving up for a Cruze.
Old 25th February 2011, 16:25   #6
BHPian

congrats chetan! excited to see it in flesh when we meet up tommorrow
Old 25th February 2011, 16:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Chetan on the acquisition. I'm really excited to see it in flesh and may be have a ride if possible sometime.

BTW have you been asked the typical Indian question "Mileage kya deti hai ?"

BTW whats a Saree guard doing on a super bike? Do they really think that someone will sit on it in a saree or elope with the bride from a Shaadi mandap
Old 25th February 2011, 17:03   #8
BHPian

Aha! , it all makes sense to me now!

No wonder you chose to build your house far and beyond, free from the hustle and bustle just so you get to use an excuse to drive the Ninja everyday. Congrats on the sensible decision, we should all learn how to plan our lives like you .
Old 25th February 2011, 17:22   #9

Is Ninja 250R a new bike!!
I know it was probike showroom in begumpet, hyderabad, adjacent to citibank.
Old 25th February 2011, 17:39   #10
BHPian

Congrats man. I work in the same building where you took the delivery. It is a fantastic bike. Have fun and drive safe.
Old 25th February 2011, 17:51   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats
looks haute,and this is the color to own.
looks like dials have been updated to white.
look a bit better than those old one's
You bet white looks bright and it looks much better, I just realized I need to check how they look in the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Congratulations on your Ninja. Hope you have many years of happy ownership. Glad you went with the green color. IMO that's the color that defines Ninja.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonashes View Post
Green looks awesome. Black is just a norm. This will turn heads for sure! Great buy!
Thanks guys, Green definitely is a head turner and does stand out in the mad traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Whats the recommended Octane rating for the fuel that goes in? Whats the on road price and where do you live? This is the perfect bike to accompany a black Cruze with Bronze/frosted gold alloys in your garage. Start saving up for a Cruze.
Recommended petrol 91 Octane
On Road was Rs. 311230/- OTR all inclusive, I live in Hyderabad. Let me get a breather before I plan for the next ride
Old 25th February 2011, 18:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Chetan on the bike. Green is surely the color on the Ninja. Congratulations again and drive safe.
Old 25th February 2011, 18:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

A very grin grin ..green congrats on getting the bike . The Ninja is a very good bike .Ride safe and keep us updated with ownership . .
Old 25th February 2011, 19:35   #14
BANNED

Congrats on the bike! This ones a stunner. Do post the initial ownership review soon.
And how is the 'aam janta's reaction on seeing the bike?
Old 25th February 2011, 19:40   #15
BHPian

Congratulations, Downsouth.

Any mods planned in near future or do you plan to keep it stock?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks