Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2006, 12:02   #1
BHPian

GoldStar Silencer

Hi Friends !!
I have come across this Goldstar Free Flow silencer for Royal Enfield bikes on various forums but have never seen them in reality !!
Do any of you guys have it fiited on your bikes ? Can any one tell me where I get get the original ones ? Whats the performance (growl) and cost ?

Thx
I own an ELectra 05 .. Have put a K & N Filter and larger main jet...
Old 2nd February 2006, 11:34   #2
BHPian

Some one give me a tip..

Hey .. Gurus..
Expected a few answers from my buddies
Old 3rd February 2006, 00:56   #3
BHPian

A reply from a Classic bike head...

Hey....
You cant get an "original" Goldstar exhaust because the original thing died about 5 decades ago. Its called the Goldstar exhaust becoz it was first fitted on the venerable BSA Goldstar. Yep, THE BSA GOLDSTAR. One of the most performance oriented singles ever produced by BSA and still is a legend in the classic motorcycle world. It displaced 499cc and pumped out about 38horses. It got its name after lapping the famous Brooklands banked circuit at over 100mph, yep, ton up speeds!

Almost all the exhausts that are now sold under the guise of being Goldstar exhausts are generally fabricated from MS and old Bullet mufflers. And they cost about 1500 to 2000. And if they're actually from an actual Goldstar, expect to pay atleast 5000. But its a waste as the Bullet is hardly befitting to adorn with that awesome muffler.

The performance of the muffler is supposed to be good and thats becoz its origins are so performance oriented and its a design that reduces exhaust gas back pressure. But now, since most of them are fabricated, its imperative for them to be made like the originals and not just look like them.
kylohere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2006, 03:13   #4
lancer_mania

are there any silencers/exhuasts available which will make a pulsar sound like a sports bike.i dont want those which just make a lot of noise.i want something that sounds good.

Old 11th February 2006, 00:54   #5
lancer_mania

and at the same time increase performance but i dont want those loud ones without any gain in performance.are these available anywhere.

Old 4th March 2006, 11:21   #6
BHPian

u can get a sportz bike exhaust noice only if ur bike has more than 1 cylinder and has a sports mufler on it
Old 4th March 2006, 14:00   #7
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

and i guess the Goldstar silencers (the fabricated ones) are available only in Pune and Bangalore.
Old 29th April 2008, 15:42   #8
BHPian

Old thread. Just bumped into it.

A guy named Shakeel in Wanowrie, Pune makes GoldStar-type exhausts. The exhaust note is loud, but performance is good as well. The manufacturing and the plating job together should cost you around 1800 bucks.
wanderlustindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2008, 17:43   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
but performance is good as well.
By how much? and how has he designed it? exactly like the Goldstar exhaust?. I have seen these on many bikes other then making a loud noise (looks are subjective) i dont think they are good for anything else. Also the cops wont like them too because of the racket they create.
Old 29th April 2008, 23:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

wanderlustindia, can you arrange to get me one Shakeel goldie please? I can transfer the funds to you.
Old 30th April 2008, 12:36   #11
BHPian

Me too wants a Goldie, albeit for a 500. puhleeez.
Old 30th April 2008, 13:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Old thread. Just bumped into it.

A guy named Shakeel in Wanowrie, Pune makes GoldStar-type exhausts. The exhaust note is loud, but performance is good as well. The manufacturing and the plating job together should cost you around 1800 bucks.
This guy makes exhausts for SBK's too.
Old 30th April 2008, 14:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

Making a goldstar is not actually a big deal.

Any sheet metal worker can make it. I got mine made from Hyderabad - just near at the Tank Bund. The guy used to sit besides the mechanic.

Inside, you gotta make a pipe of perforated material, and if you wanto have more bassy sound, pack in glass wool between this perforate tube, and the sheet metal housing (which will be shaped like the Goldstar muffler).

Thats all to it.
Old 30th April 2008, 14:45   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
By how much? and how has he designed it? exactly like the Goldstar exhaust?. I have seen these on many bikes other then making a loud noise (looks are subjective) i dont think they are good for anything else. Also the cops wont like them too because of the racket they create.
I don't really know the nitty gritty of the design of the muffler. But the exhaust does look like a GoldStar. Its loud agreed, but I have riden Bullets with these exhausts and the performance is better than the stock exhausts. Less back-pressure, more free-flow of exhaust gases enabling faster power delivery across power bands.

I can dig his number for you guys.

BTW, on my 500, I sport a retro-fit 500 exhaust and it does the job well for me. Not too loud and power delivery is excellent in the mid-range. Must add that only the muffler/exhaust will not entirely enhance the performance. A good 5-plate clutch assembly (Endurance), a bigger main jet and better spark plugs can work in tandem to improve the performance.

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 30th April 2008 at 14:47.
Old 11th December 2008, 00:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

Is there Goldstart type silencer available in Ernakulam(Cochin) ???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks