Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 13:52   #1
BHPian

Battery Problems with Mahindra Rodeo

Have bought a Mahindra Rodeo for my wife. She is very much happy to handle it except for the battery issues. Her usage is very limited, to the extent of say 10 kms per week. With this low usage the battery dies out, and have to rely on kick starting the scooter. sometimes, even the horn doesn't work.It is like going back to stone age, after experiencing the automation.

She took it in right spirit and learnt to kick start it (Thank God for that). The workshop folks say that is normal for such low usage.

I want to know from all you automobile experts, if this is normal.

Do let me know if there are any precautions/tips to follow in having a better battery life.
Old 12th September 2012, 08:57   #2
BHPian

Re: Battery Problems with Mahindra Rodeo

user the scooter frequently , in daily use also it has hiccups while self starting, give the choke and then only it will start at mornings, need to keep the choke for sometime to keep the engine running ,and if you off the choke engine may stop , keep it on for 2-3 minutes atleast,
Old 12th September 2012, 10:13   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayk View Post
Have bought a Mahindra Rodeo for my wife. She is very much happy to handle it except for the battery issues. Her usage is very limited, to the extent of say 10 kms per week. With this low usage the battery dies out, and have to rely on kick starting the scooter. sometimes, even the horn doesn't work.It is like going back to stone age, after experiencing the automation.

She took it in right spirit and learnt to kick start it (Thank God for that). The workshop folks say that is normal for such low usage.

I want to know from all you automobile experts, if this is normal.

Do let me know if there are any precautions/tips to follow in having a better battery life.

10 kms per week is very less . More prominent reason would be since you use it less, the scoot wont start on the first attempt iteself so it will require multiple cranks which is fine. But later the scoot is not driven the enough distance for the battery to recharge completly.

Only solution i see is to ride it once or twice in a week for a long distance like say 10 kms which should help recharge the battery
Old 12th September 2012, 12:08   #4
BANNED

I have a TVS Wego since 18 months, In month of May I went on vaccation and did not use it and battery was dead. Dealer replaced the battery as goodwill , my wife drives 3-4 kms daily , which I feel is also less,
A long drive for 10 kms a week is the only solution if scooter not used frequently

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks