Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 09:24   #1
BHPian

Valve problem in P150?

I have P150 DTSi version, 2006 model. have installed K&N performance filter and bike has done 38k kms till now.

Offlate I am experiencing problems with engine revving. If I ride the bike at 80-100 speeds for some time and then stop the bike, the RPM will be toggling between 1.5k and 2.5k. When I enquired my mechanic about this he said its problem with valves. And the main reason the valves got damaged was because of the air filter. Has the filter done any major damage to the engine?

Also at speeds of 70-80 the RPM will be post the green mark. I feel that engine is revving too much than what is required. Or is this the normal behavior?
Old 15th March 2011, 11:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Valve problem in P150?

What is your idle RPM when idle? I'm not sure for Pulsars, but RTRs should hover slightly less than 1.5k. Running a bit more rich can have the effect which you see your bike when you are riding in a hot condition for too long.
Old 15th March 2011, 14:53   #3
BHPian

Re: Valve problem in P150?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
What is your idle RPM when idle? I'm not sure for Pulsars, but RTRs should hover slightly less than 1.5k. Running a bit more rich can have the effect which you see your bike when you are riding in a hot condition for too long.
@rdna, the RPM when idle is set to 1k.

Most Viewed