Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2011, 02:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Motorcycle Rentals

Hi Friends,

There is a friend of mine who wants to hire a RE for 9 days during the month of July to go to Leh.

Knowing my inclination towards travelling and me being on TBHP all the time he requested me to find out through the forum so here i am with the query.

Please don't let me down.

Requirements

Bike - Any RE would do
Days - 9 ( Sunday to Sunday )
Location - Delhi-Leh-Delhi

He has a valid Indian license & is ready to pay whatever the regular rentals are

Questions in mind

Who pays for repairs in case of breakdown?
What is the approximate cost per day/trip?
Is there any deposit that needs to be submitted?
What documents are required?

MODS - Please move my query of there is a similar thread already in place

Last edited by harishnayak : 19th March 2011 at 02:12. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 19th March 2011, 09:51   #2
BHPian

re: Motorcycle Rentals

[quote=harishnayak;2284208]Hi Friends,

There is a friend of mine who wants to hire a RE for 9 days during the month of July to go to Leh.

Hi,
Please contact RE. They have a program known as Logout (I think) where they provide upto 3-4 bikes (your choice) for free (no rentals).
They were in our office last week as a colleague was enquiring about RE sponsoring a roadtrip.
There are obviously some documentation and *conditions apply.
The colleague contacted them by getting details from their website.
Old 19th March 2011, 10:28   #3
BHPian

Harish,

Go to Karol Bagh, meet the Kajanchi guys they will give you pointers to place to rent from delhi.

Other option is go to Manali, in Old Manali there is mechanic called Monty everyone knows this guy. He regularly rents bullets both 350 and 500 CC. For that guy you need to keep a deposit at Manali, take the bullet till Leh and if you want the bullet can be dropped in Leh and you can take deposit from Leh.

I don't remember the cost though, but Monty is the favorite for bikers on this route.

I have been on that route, i really don't recommend the RE. RE is becoming like tight a$$ girl.

cheers
Old 19th March 2011, 10:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Uh, IMNSHO Khajanchi waale gent makes seats. Bittoo etc who are in that area are a mixed bag (google for reviews)

I would suggest to check latest with bcmtouring else there's Jitender (9810550243) whose my mech in Gautam nagar. He rents bullets and CBZs for such trips. He knows his stuff - having given service support for Raid & Storm teams often. You can give him my ref if you wish!

And yes, unless one is carrying the world with them - its better to rent a CBZ or suchlike anyday. A honda is a honda is a honda
Old 19th March 2011, 14:30   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
And yes, unless one is carrying the world with them - its better to rent a CBZ or suchlike anyday. A honda is a honda is a honda

OT but how has the mono rear suspension fared on the Leh-Ladhak circuit? User experiences positive? Or does it make one feel like one is riding a tight a$$ed ... love the analogy!! LOL

--Ragul

Last edited by Ragul : 19th March 2011 at 14:31.
Old 21st March 2011, 15:23   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In case it helps anyone, here's a company (Roadveda) that rents out Bullets in Bangalore.
Old 21st March 2011, 15:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Harish, reliability is always a concern when hiring a bike for such rides, most of them are not maintained well and if thier is a breakdown then god help!

From RE stable i would suggest either hire a Machismo/TB 350 or Machismo 500 which has the avl engine, 500will be good for the hills!

You can contact "Prashant" he is a very experienced rider who does ride to Leh almost every year, has very good contacts and am sure can suggest the right place. infact he himself is into arranging rides and has a good fleet of Machismo 500s.
have pm'ed you his number, you can refer my name.
you can refer my name to him
Old 21st March 2011, 20:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow ,Thanks a ton to all. I think i have lot of options to offer to my friend.

As usual TBHP rocks in terms of collecting required information for petrol heads.
Old 21st March 2011, 22:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Ragul,

Shamik (darkside of d sun) on BCMTouring has ridden all over the place (as has sumit bajaj) and the unicorn held its own very very comfortably. Not inquired since an year but his bike held up well for good amount of touring at good speeds for easily 5+ years
Old 30th June 2014, 11:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Motorcycle rent in Chennai?

Hi friends,

I need some help / info. I'm living in the US now, I'm going to India next week and I'll be in Chennai for a month. Since I don't have any vehicle in Chennai I was thinking about renting a motorcycle.

Anyone have any experience with renting bikes in Chennai?

I googled and found "Chennai Motorcycle Rental" in Sholinganallur, it will be a bit nearby for me since I will be in Medavakkam. Any feedback - good or bad - about this place?

If you have experience renting bikes, what kind of documents/security do they usually ask for? How does insurance work?

This place seems to charge around Rs.200/day for a 100cc bike, if rented for 21+ days.

I guess another option would be to buy a used bike and sell it before I go, the loss would be equal to or less than the Rs.200/day I'd get on a rental bike depending on how good a deal I get on both the purchase and sale. But not sure how practical this will be, since I don't want to spend a chunk of my vacation time buying and selling a vehicle .

I was also thinking about self driven car but the cost is impractical for the value and also driving would be a hassle. Nothing like a bike to get around on and get chores done.

Any other thoughts / feedback?

Last edited by rajushank84 : 30th June 2014 at 11:49.
Old 7th July 2014, 12:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Motorcycle rent in Chennai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Any other thoughts / feedback?
Take a Volvo, go to Pondi & you can find sea of motorcycles & scooters; sure there's a hefty pledging on what not & one's property, but, you get wide varieties & array of bike rentals.
Old 16th February 2017, 13:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Motorcycle Rentals

Bumping up a dormant thread to share some good news. Royal Brothers (https://www.royalbrothers.in), presumably south India's first RTO approved two wheeler rental company has begun operations in Chikkamagaluru. The inaugural ceremony was held opposite to my workplace and I could talk to some of the staff there.

Royal Enfield Electra, Thunderbird, Yamaha FZ, Honda Activa and Suzuki Access were some of the vehicles I saw there. As usual, all of them were properly registered as Self rides, with golden coloured numbers on black plates.

The rides can be booked online through their website and can currently be picked up from AIT circle.

However what worried me was that the persons who 'appeared' to be in charge told me that their focus group was College students (during the weekdays). They are planning to visit all local colleges in order to promote the service. Having seen, experienced and been victim of teenagers' riding powerful bikes, I am skeptical about the results in the long run.

Plus, the circus that unfolds on the treacherous Mullayanagiri, Bababudangiri and Kemmanagundi routes during weekends will have some new acrobatic shows added from now on.

Nonetheless, for those of you visiting Chikkamagaluru from long distances, or accompanying spouses and children and still looking to experience Malendu on bikes without wanting to ride all the away from your headquarters, this is a godsend.

Anyone visiting Chikkamagaluru this weekend and wanting to rent a two wheeler may contact Mr Praveen at 9481454254 for more information.

PS: I have absolutely no association/interest - financial or otherwise with the group/owners/staff.

Last edited by dailydriver : 16th February 2017 at 13:50. Reason: Updating details
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 14:15   #13

Information Required: 2 Wheeler for Rent in Rajkot

Hi everyone,
I need help on getting contact information about any shop / individual who provides 2 wheelers as rental service in Rajkot? If you are aware of any such service provider, please let me know here.

I searched the web and found "Shiva Motors Anand Nagar, Rajkot" and "Kusum Vehicle on Rent, 150 Feet Road". However, there was no phone number or email id provided along on Sulekha.

I am planning a coastal bike ride in Gujarat and Rajkot is my train's arrival and departure station.

Thank you,
Amlan Tripathi
Old 26th September 2017, 18:46   #14

Information needed about motorcycle rental service in Hyderabad

Hello guys,

I tried finding a similar thread but in vain - so here goes.

This would be the first time I am going to rent a motorcycle and that too in unfamiliar region. However I have heard that the roads from Hyderabad - Tirupati - Bangalore are pretty decent.

I would need a motorcycle on rent in Hyderabad starting from 28/09 evening
and I plan to leave the motorcycle in Bangalore on 3/10 afternoon.

Do you guys know of any vendor providing such a rental facility wherein I can rent the bike in HYD and leave it in BLR?
Old 26th September 2017, 18:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: Information needed about motorcycle rental service in Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceKnocks View Post
Do you guys know of any vendor providing such a rental facility wherein I can rent the bike in HYD and leave it in BLR?
Forget motorcycles, seldom doubt happens with rented cars in India. Renting & returning to the same location is possible, which I'm sure you know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks