Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 20:25   #16
BANNED

Re: CT 100 bulb gets blown often

@ sajjt

I have done it, DIY as you suggested, but the regulator was under the seat. not near battery. Now the thing is working fine.

cost:

volt regulator Bajaj OE - Rs.192
OSRAM halogen 35w - Rs.80
brake bulb - Rs.8

No labour, since its an DIY. Thanks for all Bhpians for their suggestions and encouragement.

To MOD: Can edit title to SOLVED
Old 29th March 2011, 21:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Dude, putting a new battery wont settle this as the battery will also get fried just because of faulty RR. Basically a RR will stabilize the over voltage by shorting internally with the help of SCRs. RR have to functionalities first is regulating the supply to a max of 14V and the second part is rectification for the the battery charging. Battery cant suppress any excess voltage and it doesnt have any connection to the lighting circuit. Lighting coils will produce a moderate voltage at normal rpms hence no issues but once you are trying to overtake or increasing the speed, rpm increases and obviously voltage too. Normal bulb will withstand a max of 16-17v beyond that it will blow.

@rajivanoj What about your tail lamp/console lights? That should also be in the same condition by now. Replace your RR there's no much options left for you.
Hey Sajit, missed the bit that not all the lighting circuit are connected to the battery. My bad. But frying the battery, are you sure about that?

@rajivanoj, great work and good to hear that the issue is sorted!
Old 30th March 2011, 11:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
@ sajjt

I have done it, DIY as you suggested, but the regulator was under the seat. not near battery. Now the thing is working fine.

cost:

volt regulator Bajaj OE - Rs.192
OSRAM halogen 35w - Rs.80
brake bulb - Rs.8

No labour, since its an DIY. Thanks for all Bhpians for their suggestions and encouragement.

To MOD: Can edit title to SOLVED
Glad to hear that you've fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikr View Post
Hey Sajit, missed the bit that not all the lighting circuit are connected to the battery. My bad. But frying the battery, are you sure about that?

@rajivanoj, great work and good to hear that the issue is sorted!
If the RR is good there's no worry about frying the battery. Only horn, selfstarter, blinker, console or brake lamps are usually connected to battery on a AC+DC bike. Hope this clarifies

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks