Team-BHP - My Yamaha RXG 135 - Facelift & Performance modifications
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   My Yamaha RXG 135 - Facelift & Performance modifications (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/98599-my-yamaha-rxg-135-facelift-performance-modifications.html)

It is time to give a facelift to my much trusted Yamaha RX135. Served me impeccably for almost 8 years now, this face lift and performance modification is a gift in recognition. I am not a drag or rally racer, hence the bike will be road worthy and will remain as my daily ride. I had a chat with my mechanic, Mr Martin of Pace Racing, and has almost finalized on the jobs to be done. In short (1) A custom Paint job, (2) Disk break in front and rear, (3) Performance modification. Rest in next. Looking forward for suggestions.

Small input don't waste money on rear disc breaks, rest is fine if your mech is able to get you what you are looking fine.
For city ride you need to get low and mid range torque ask him if he knows how to achieve this.Also if you can get her digital CDI must be high performance 2 strokes.
I have got it done for one of my friend a big bore city RXZ 165 cc it does over 27 BHP on tap and crosses 140 kmph on GPS.

+1 to Ajay about rear disk brake. Do get the bore compression checked before you go for any performance mods (I'm sure you know this).

BTW, which disk-brake setup are you eyeing at for front?

@Ajay & Rishi
Thanks for the input. The rear disk break is already been ruled out. The front disk break set up is from old pulser. Went to Pattalam market in Trissur today and got hold of a nice setup. Paid 3500 INR and I think its a steal. There is no fork bend and the setup works perfectly fine. Here are the pics.

If you are thinking about performance, you should get RDD CDI and Filters for your RX.

@invincible
Yes, I am getting a digital CDI and filters. Ajay can you please: help me with a Digital CDI. Availability and cost. Also getting an expansion chamber.

Which is the best way? Putting a bigger sprocket in the rear or one tooth less in the front? or Both together?

I have decided on the paint job. A dark Grey metallic will go on the tank and side covers. Front shock tube, Engine head, handle bar and rear shock (Inside) will be in golden color. Gold plated rims as icing. Current silver painted parts will be painted Grey as it is in old Hero Honda Splendor. A custom stickering will add cosmetic value.

Work on the bike is going on a fast pace now. All stripped down and a list of parts to be brought is made. Going to cochin today afternoon to pick up parts. Will list down the parts and price soon.

If you need an expansion chamber, Then see Chamber Jose in Cochin near Kalloor international stadium.. He might charge a bomb, But he makes it according to your requirements and it works real good. Else if in Trichur, Go to ORM Sunil. Both guys are good at what they do and I know from personal experiences.

For porting check if there is a guy by the name Afsar near K.R market,Bangalore. He does a neat job and charges modestly. I dont remember his workshop's name, Its near the inter state bus booking offices. And its been 5 to 6 years since I saw him last. He's a tall guy and used to do motocross back in the days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalex77 (Post 2294011)
If you need an expansion chamber, Then see Chamber Jose in Cochin near Kalloor international stadium.. He might charge a bomb, But he makes it according to your requirements and it works real good. Else if in Trichur, Go to ORM Sunil. Both guys are good at what they do and I know from personal experiences.

For porting check if there is a guy by the name Afsar near K.R market,Bangalore. He does a neat job and charges modestly. I dont remember his workshop's name, Its near the inter state bus booking offices. And its been 5 to 6 years since I saw him last. He's a tall guy and used to do motocross back in the days.

I am in cochin today and will see if i can meet Mr Jose. I also have narrowed down to a proton chamber, any reviews on it? Porting can be done with Martin himself. I have done my friends bikes with him and he has done a wonderful job.

Stay away from Protons..they cant be even called chambers in the first place.
Its best to get a tuned chamber made as per your porting configurations for best results.

Quote:

Originally Posted by invincible7 (Post 2294772)
Stay away from Protons..they cant be even called chambers in the first place.
Its best to get a tuned chamber made as per your porting configurations for best results.

I agree. Saw some proton chambers and the built quality itself is bad. Very low gauge metal. Met chamber Jose and he was kind enough agreeing to do the chamber with in a week (normally its like 3 to 4 weeks as the demand is high ).

Mobile number of Mr Jose aka Chamber Jose - 09846053537
(Mods: I have permission from Mr Jose to publish his contact number)
Anyone looking for a custom made expansion chamber can contact him.

So what happened to this bike... how did the rebuild go?

Kindly post the pics if any progress has been done sir!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great (Post 2441741)
So what happened to this bike... how did the rebuild go?

Kindly post the pics if any progress has been done sir!

Soon, Very soon. Its almost done and will be road worthy in a week or so. Was been out of town for quite sometime. Will post the recent pics shortly.