Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2006, 15:12   #1
BHPian

chinese pulsar

read about this chinese version of pulsar in times of india. thought it was quite threatening to pulsar's export market . here is the link to the article.

in pulsar's dtsi F1 thread, sajo has mentioned about it but here is the full article.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1368082.cms

the only thought comes to my mind is that, india is manufacturing its indigenious bikes and scooters and indian manufacturers are a few lot, if this kind of plagiarising occurs where will we indians stand in international market. the articles clearly states that latin american countries are big market for Pulsars. is china really a threat to us with theri way of stealing designs and selling them at low price and grabbing market share.

in one of my discussions with a person who has visited china very often, says that most of indian companies are outsourcing their manufacturing to china to earn good profits. but will this strategy help when the chinese companies will end up making the same kind of product and start selling it in the same market as ours at a cheaper pirce as they have got a ready made technology and all they have to invest is in the production.

i think Indian manufacturers should safe guard their furture interests and should not be captivated by their ( read chinese) tactics to save some money.

my 2 cents

your comments guys.

shubbhi
Old 14th January 2006, 15:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Its bajajs mistake. They took a chinese to advert there Discover. But now they discovered that Pulsar has a twin called Gulsar..

Nothing new has happened before with a FR-V ( copy of CR- V)

Talking about indians being copy cats, its the chinese who rule supreme at it.. PLEASE
Old 14th January 2006, 15:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well here's the picture of the GULSAR 180
GULSAR 180
Old 14th January 2006, 16:53   #4
BHPian

Gulsar...haha. What next...maybe the GT100, Ghetak, the Gachiever.....now the Chinese are living the "G-Life" :lol
Old 14th January 2006, 17:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Talking about indians being copy cats, its the chinese who rule supreme at it.. PLEASE
Take it as a compliment that they found something to copy from us. I hope they'll have to copy more.
Old 14th January 2006, 19:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Schumacher
.....now the Chinese are living the "G-Life" :lol
LOLZ!!! cant stop laughing at that dude .
Old 14th January 2006, 21:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
the articles clearly states that latin american countries are big market for Pulsars.
I have heard that they even have a Pulsar club over in Columbia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
is china really a threat to us with their way of stealing designs and selling them at low price and grabbing market share.
IMHO, Indians should endeavour to do the same, with respect to good Japanese/Euro designs. I mean not blatantly like in the case of the Gulsar, but in a more restrained way. The Japs started out by doing the same.
Old 14th January 2006, 21:57   #8

Chinese==Copying...
I somehow do not find 2 much of a difference in these two.Its like the 2 are either sides of the butt...
Can't live withou each other thingy
Old 14th January 2006, 22:10   #9
BHPian

Even the chinese people look like a copy of each other. No offence to any chinese ppl in here.
Old 14th January 2006, 23:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave12r
Even the chinese people look like a copy of each other. No offence to any chinese ppl in here.

Quote:
now the Chinese are living the "G-Life
Yeah and feeling like Gawd.. hitting the spot. If you know what i mean? G - Life??
Old 15th January 2006, 13:52   #11
BHPian

And we thought that only we are good at copying things, but the chinese proved us wrong..........what a way to go even the name has been copied!
Old 16th January 2006, 00:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

arre yaar; hyundai is much better in terms of execution, and quality. and besides, they are a world-renowned brand with a respectable portfolio and product-range. this just ain't the same case.

as for the gulsar...perhaps the chinese liked the indian singer so much that they named their bike after it..???
Old 16th January 2006, 11:50   #13
BHPian

I was in China for 6 months...& the kind of imitation they do is amazing..
With due respect to Intellectual Property Zealots, I am a great fan of their copying skills as a End Customer...After all, it brings down prices & reduces the time to market of new technologies.

My client regularly used to carry out Bug Sweeps in their Engineering Design Centres !!

There was this case of a couple of Chinese Engineers caught red handed copying the blueprints of manufacturing design...They couldnt copy the files on the computers because of Strict Access Controls...
The Chinese engineers did the best think..they used to copy the design BY HAND of the blueprints...
Old 7th May 2006, 06:56   #14
BHPian

I still cant believe my lovable pulsar is known by Gulsar in international market. What a shame. man..y de hell m I laughing wen M writing dis...I own a pulser too.
Old 8th May 2006, 20:50   #15
BHPian

i thought u could find any dupe stuff in delhi's chandani chok

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks