Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 12:53   #76
BANNED

Re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Post deleted by Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st April 2011 at 03:16. Reason: See note.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 20th April 2011, 15:52   #77
BHPian

Re: Does the Honda CBR-250 really raise the bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I am guessing you were born on the same day the CD100 was launched. Poor you..
Nope, had it been so, I would be at least half as reliable, rider friendly and efficient as the 2 wheel in question
Old 20th April 2011, 20:52   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Thought of something else.
Does anyone know if the FB has an offset bore (and if so, by how much) and a knock sensor? Does the 250r have a knock sensor?
FB is Fireblade? you can check on superbike forums but too early to say about the 250.
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:09   #79
rbp
BHPian

An interesting article, worth a read.

Is the new Honda CBR250R better than a 1982 Super Dream? - | Motorcycle News | New Motorbikes | Buyers Guides | MCN
rbp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 15:02   #80
Senior - BHPian

That's a very valid point raised by my fellow friend 'The Great', bike manufactures are definately making fool of us, I really dont understand why do we have bike of 150, 180, 220 what will that 20-30 cc will do why not 100cc as it is and for performance lovers 250, 350, 500 and plus.

If you go for a Royal Enfield the waiting period is for 6 months, that itself says people are waiting to buy bigger bikes, apart from this 500cc are booked more than 350 in my area. When Bajaj Ninja can sell, Harley Davidson is in the market what stops manufactures to venture into Indian market.

Honestly there is no bike which is present in the market which would cater the actual customers need, it's the other way consumers are buying bikes which are available though they are not of their kind.

Hope Honda CBR 250 should be a stepping stone for bigger bikes coming to India, India has all the potential consumers who are willing to buy bigger/super bikes. When they can import why not sell it here.

Last edited by chanu : 22nd April 2011 at 15:05.
chanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 21:16   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
FB is Fireblade? you can check on superbike forums but too early to say about the 250.
Yes. Was wondering if piston slap confuses the knock sensor.

Regards
Sutripta

Last edited by bblost : 22nd April 2011 at 22:02. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted.
Old 23rd April 2011, 11:35   #82
BHPian

Awesome dude!
Atlast I feel that some true bikers agree with my thoughts about what these motorcycle manufacturers have been doing in the last 30 years in terms of innovation for actual performance.
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:29   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Awesome dude!
Atlast I feel that some true bikers agree with my thoughts about what these motorcycle manufacturers have been doing in the last 30 years in terms of innovation for actual performance.
Quoting from the same link below which doesnt conclude anything except for more horse power and top speeds in favour of the old bikes.

"
It’s in concours condition, and the closest we could find today to the machine which rolled out of showrooms back then. But it’s no CBR250R.
It’s a bit like a saggy old Bagpuss. It’s got loads of character but doesn’t exactly feel agile. The seat feels soft and cushioned and the suspension also.
The front brake is in no hurry to do what you tell it. Power delivery is linear in the sense that there doesn’t seem to be much of it anywhere.
Comparatively, the CBR feels peppy from low revs. Everything feels tight and firm, as you’d expect from a new bike. The brakes feel direct and sharp. The bike feels small and light.
If the CB250N wins somewhere, it’s for having more road-presence and traditional, real-bike feel. You have to reach slightly farther for the bars and it just feels bigger.
The CBR250R makes you want to throw it around; the Super Dream makes you want to sit back and enjoy the ride. And for some that will be the older bike’s charm.
"

As people have already mentioned before, there are other things like engine response at lower speeds, better Braking, ABS, better gearing, Better reliability,better handling and ride, Electronics to improve fuel efficiency and realtime Diagnostics, material quality that seems quite obvious improvements to me. Everything comes for a price and we seem to be forgetting that in our expectations.

It is progressive improvement for sure if not raising the bar.
Old 23rd April 2011, 20:33   #84
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
Quoting from the same link below which doesnt conclude anything except for more horse power and top speeds in favour of the old bikes.

"
It’s in concours condition, and the closest we could find today to the machine which rolled out of showrooms back then. But it’s no CBR250R.
It’s a bit like a saggy old Bagpuss. It’s got loads of character but doesn’t exactly feel agile. The seat feels soft and cushioned and the suspension also.
The front brake is in no hurry to do what you tell it. Power delivery is linear in the sense that there doesn’t seem to be much of it anywhere.
Comparatively, the CBR feels peppy from low revs. Everything feels tight and firm, as you’d expect from a new bike. The brakes feel direct and sharp. The bike feels small and light.
If the CB250N wins somewhere, it’s for having more road-presence and traditional, real-bike feel. You have to reach slightly farther for the bars and it just feels bigger.
The CBR250R makes you want to throw it around; the Super Dream makes you want to sit back and enjoy the ride. And for some that will be the older bike’s charm.
"

As people have already mentioned before, there are other things like engine response at lower speeds, better Braking, ABS, better gearing, Better reliability,better handling and ride, Electronics to improve fuel efficiency and realtime Diagnostics, material quality that seems quite obvious improvements to me. Everything comes for a price and we seem to be forgetting that in our expectations.

It is progressive improvement for sure if not raising the bar.
+1. Also we tend to forget one thing, fuel is costlier now and we do care about mileage. Stricter emissions is one of the major reasons for performance going down. The CBR250 comes with a cat con, get rid of it and it should release at least a 1 BHP.

Most Viewed