Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2011, 18:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Disappointing Pre-Sales experience with MyWings Honda, Pune

The dealers of Honda two-wheelers have always had a bad reputation everywhere. They seem to be smug with the fact that they are selling HONDA bikes/scooters. "Take it if you want" is their attitude. Some of them do not even offer a test drive. "How dare you ask for the test drive of a HONDA scooter/bike?"

I feel B.U Bhandari should be better than the others (if it is owned by the same people who were earlier the dealers of Tata-Fiat) - the owner is at least willing to listen to the customers.

Last edited by pjbiju : 12th April 2011 at 18:07.
Old 12th April 2011, 19:24   #17
BHPian

I too have a story about the Honda dealer here in Siliguri while purchasing a H. Shine for my dad 1.5 years ago. As with everybody we had to actually had to approach them to buy one and they gave us no choice of colours using the old line " its available in red, if you want any other colour it will take more than a month for it to arrive". So we did book a red one by paying Rs 5,000 deposit and the sales person assured us due to the overbooked situation our bike would arrive only in 2 weeks. We said ok and went off expecting to pick up the bike in 2 weeks.

Then after a week while our family was out of station on a short mid-week break the sales rep calls us and tells us to come to collect the bike ASAP. My dad received the call and explained to him we were away, and that we would take delivery only after a few days. Then again a few hrs later he calls and tells my dad that if he does not come soon, our bike would be given to another customer, also before he said that he also gave my dad a small lecture on how in demand the shine is and how long the waiting period for this bike is with plenty of other people waiting for theirs.

I asked my dad what was happening, he narrated the whole conversation and when i heard the whole story i lost my head. I was filled with anger so i gave the sales rep another call and gave him the thrashing of his life, threatening him court action if our bike was given away and told him how i knew the right people at Kysons honda siliguri who could get him fired. Using the famous "dont u know who i am ?" line. Obviously i was making everything up and being new to siliguri, didnt even know the city well let alone showroom owners lol. But it seemed to have worked, He never called again and just to piss him off we went to the showroom 10 days after the sales rep called my dad about the delivery, so in total 20 days from the day of booking instead of the 14 days.

On the day of taking delivery, i was hoping to see him to give him a little more hell for giving us attitude, but alas he was not there on that day. .

So guys, all i can say is be a bit firm with these people and dont be defensive

Last edited by amrisharm : 12th April 2011 at 19:27.
Old 12th April 2011, 19:50   #18
BHPian

BU Bhandari is as good as the other Honda dealers. I purchased a DIO in 2008 from them.Made full payment on Monday and was promised delivery on Friday. When I went there to take delivery, my bike was not even ready, leave alone being registered! Nobody was able to answer me what was happening. And after waiting for more than an hour they tell me the bike is not registered yet. I created some scene and they promise to deliver the bike to me and register it later. They make me wait for another 45 minutes and on asking them where the bike is they just kept telling me its coming from the yard! Finally after waiting for 2 hours, the bike comes to the showroom all dusty, the way it's stored in the yard They wash it in front of me and deliver it to me. They did not even fit the accessories for which I had paid on Monday itself! I promised not to go back to those guys again. But happened to go there some months back to get my sister a TD of the DIO. They did not have a TD bike

Such is the attitude of Honda dealers. Hero Honda is pretty similar to them. I find Bajaj showrooms much better in terms of customer friendliness.

Last edited by MurtazaGhiya : 12th April 2011 at 19:53.
MurtazaGhiya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2011, 13:57   #19
BHPian

My BIL sold off his HH Dawn and wanted to buy Unicorn and so we went ahead and booked one, even with that attitude of theirs and a waiting period of four months, ya right four months for a bike!!!!!

We had paid just thousand rupees towards booking. After four months had passed by, we ourselfs went there to enquire about the bike, on which we are told that there is a new version of Unicorn and we need to wait another three months to get that the new model! We never said we wanted the new model!!!!! And still they themselves took out their own conclusions that we want the new model.

I got so pissed off and so did my BIL that we got the refund of booking amount.

Also, while we were booking the bike, there were issues for about the documentation (read address proof). We had the rent agreement and an affidavid but the showroom guys just did not want accept that as address prrof!! And think about this, my BIL got his Spark just a week back with the same documents!!!

Honda does not deserve to be waht we have made them to be.

Cheers!
Old 14th April 2011, 01:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have reported this incident to Honda Customer Care. Let me keep fingers crossed till I hear back from them. I have also sent them link to this thread, just for them to know a bit about their dealers (or they probably already know).

I have a feeling that, this is more or less common with most 2-wheeler dealers, especially when they are assured of the sale irrespective of their attitude towards customer.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

I visited the B.U.Bhandari Honda showroom in Camp today, and it was a decent experience. Attentive receptionist, responsive salesman, gave me a TD of the Unicorn and answered all my questions satisfactorily. The only glitch was that there's a minimum waiting of 5 months for the Unicorn with BUB, and a similar wait period with other Honda dealers in Pune too. So I've struck Unicorn off my list. Next stop Monarch Yamaha for a TD of the SZ-R!!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 28th April 2011, 15:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I have reported this incident to Honda Customer Care. Let me keep fingers crossed till I hear back from them. I have also sent them link to this thread, just for them to know a bit about their dealers (or they probably already know).
I did hear back from their sales and services team assuring best services. I did drop by the showroom once again and experience was much better this time. I did not have to reach out to anyone, but a saleswoman walked asking about what I am looking for.

They still did not have the bike for display, and was told that it would be available by end of April. Deliveries are likely to happen by end of May/June. But, I am glad that they are listening.

Old 28th April 2011, 15:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I got shouted at by the sales person and he went on to doubt my credibility and knowledge. LOL!!
I had gone there to book a Honda CBR 250.
This place takes the cake and the baker's wife too..
Wow, he had the nerve to do that!! While it is not the answer, I think it would have been a bit of entertainment if I was around. I think these days the people who cannot get into 4 wheeler showrooms as SAs land up at 2 wheeler showrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
So guys, all i can say is be a bit firm with these people and dont be defensive
+1 to that, and this is not the only area that works well in

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I did hear back from their sales and services team assuring best services. I did drop by the showroom once again and experience was much better this time. I did not have to reach out to anyone, but a saleswoman walked asking about what I am looking for.
So they finally learnt that the word professionalism exists? I hope they dont forget it though. The problem is that SAs these days try to sell only those bikes which earn them more commission. Everyone is into assuming stereotypes, and no one ever builds goodwill for the brand. / end rant

by the way, would you be interested in joining the next tapri meet here in Pune?
Old 28th April 2011, 19:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

So were you contacted by someone from HMSI's RO or the dealership directly ? But its nice to know that a positive action by a Honda dealer has been reported on this forum, for the first time, in all probability.
So have you booked the bike with them ?
Old 29th April 2011, 22:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
So were you contacted by someone from HMSI's RO or the dealership directly ? But its nice to know that a positive action by a Honda dealer has been reported on this forum, for the first time, in all probability.
So have you booked the bike with them ?
I was contacted by MyWings Honda. There is no chance of booking the bike since there is none on display or test drive so far.
Old 30th April 2011, 10:26   #26
BHPian

I am having no different experience here.

Booked a CBR250R C-ABS with Pashankar Honda, Shivaji Nagar, Pune in first week of Feb.

from last 1 month I am contacting the sales person almost everyday, but no calls from their side. I came to know that bikes have arrived only after I called him.

checked out the bikes in their basement. looked like all are pre production bikes with a lot of quality issues. How can Honda send preproduction bikes to a showroom?

& Now I am following up with this guy for test ride. I have cash ready with me & told him that I just need a test ride, to which he replied that he doesnt have any idea about when Test ride bike will arrive.

I even sold my TBird Twinspark to make CBR250R my new touring machine :(

Pathetic Honda dealers!
Old 14th October 2011, 22:41   #27
Team-BHP Support

I booked my Honda CBR 250R some 20 days ago with a promised delivery within 15 days.

After I gave them a call a week back regarding the status of the Motorcycle, I am told that - Silver won't be home and so you have a choice of either black or red. (which was in stock)

I was taken aback as, as per norms, I should have been informed when these happenings took place, but I was informed when I called (the owner in this case) up.

I requested them to get whatever color they can, but insisted on a fresh piece. Though the silver is in transit as requested. I was called & informed about this on Tuesday i.e. on 11th October.

I was promised a delivery tomorrow & I called them today & learnt that the bike is yet to reach the sales outlet. I am at total loss of words now.

Have shot two notes to the Honda website in their 'Contact Us' link & they are yet to contact me. No mails/sms or call and yes, no acknowledgement too.

Any mail address which would help in this mess? Thanks
Old 14th October 2011, 22:48   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I had an indifferent experience with Honda too when we were shooping around for a scooterette for the missus. Those days I was still new to Pune so we were randomly driving around town looking for dealerships, so don't remember which one (possibly it's on Paud Road not sure though). Their attitude was: it has a long waiting period AND it's a Honda (whatever that means), ergo I don't have to sell it to you.

But it wasn't limited to just them. Hero Honda were equally bad. TVS was decent but we thought the Scooty was just too girlie. Finally settled on the (formerly Kinetic) Flyte because the Mahindra 2-wheeler guys at Tanishk Auto on Law College Road did a fine job and offered a TD without any drama.

A bit ironic then, that Tanishk Motors is closed down now while the others are presumably still in action
Old 20th October 2011, 20:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

I should have updated this thread since I finally was able to take test drive of CBR250R few weeks back. I have shared the bike impressions elsewhere on the forum.

I did not ride R15 v2.0, but I can definitely see that R15v2 feels premium in every aspect and extremely desirable in flesh. I can hardly say that for CBR250R though. I was disappointed with the test ride, notwithstanding what great VFM product it is. (After all, awesome power for 1.6L). Yamaha is happily wasting time and sales to Honda by delaying 250cc bike.
Old 2nd August 2016, 07:47   #30
BHPian

Recently I happened to purchase the Activa 125 for the missus and it was a disappointing experience. The dealer in focus for this rant is Aero Wheelz located on Satara road.

Anyway now I want to give the scooter for its first service. Any suggestions for good honda service centers in Pune ? I certainly do not want to return to Aero wheelz.

Most Viewed