Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2013, 22:56   #166
BHPian

Re: Bikes and Cars of yester years long forgotten Anybody still driving or riding the

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshpawar View Post
Is this the same D1 Sipani Engine which was once fitted in the Montana which flopped like a hot pancake in the Indian market ? There used to be standing at the Bandra in Mumbai just below the sea-link Traffic chowky. Apparently, some cop owned it and then it disappeared !!

Again thanx for correcting me that was indeed the Sipani Automobiles that manufactured the Badal, Dolphin, Montana and also the Rover Montego.

Again a small correction, but a MAIN correction
It was " Sunrise Automobiles India Ltd" (SAIL) who established the company & launched BADAL, the THREE wheel car , with 200cc two stroke, Innocenti engine ( Engine was supplied by Scooters India ltd)
At one point of time Sunrise Automobiles India ltd (SAIL) 's ownership changed to " Sipani Automobiles India Ltd" ( hm!! again SAIL ), Hence after Sipani been the owner, there came DOLPHIN, Montana.etc.,
Old 4th March 2013, 23:04   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bikes and Cars of yester years long forgotten Anybody still driving or riding the

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
[/b]Again a small correction, but a MAIN correction It was " Sunrise Automobiles India Ltd" (SAIL) who established the company & launched BADAL, the THREE wheel car , with 200cc two stroke, Innocenti engine ( Engine was supplied by Scooters India ltd)
It was not Sunrise Automobiles India Ltd but Sunrise Automotive Industries Ltd.

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th March 2013 at 23:19.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 23:05   #168
BHPian

Re: Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?

Quote:
I have noticed that this thread has not seen any posts since 2012, so thought I will revive it.

I spotted this Fury in Pune recently. Wonder if its a Team-BHPian owned.

The second one is a Team-BHP post but what about the first one ?

Team BHPian who are you ?
The first one...you mean the Black & RED Fury GP?
For sure this was not the one you saw at PUNE
This belongs to our Tbhpian P.V.Girish that is at Mangalore now...I was the guy who pointed this Fury to him...& even this particular pic you have posted was clicked by me and posted at various Bike discussion forums
Cheers!!
KMK
Old 4th March 2013, 23:17   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Does anyone have photos of the Enfield Sherpa, Enfield 200 (Mini Bullet!) and the only scooter from them, Fantabulous?

And the 50 cc bike "BSA Bond", which had plastic fuel tank!
Hi,
I have all the FOUR En field variants you have mentioned
1) Sherpha - yet to be restored though ( even this a rare Siba-dyna start version)
2) Mini Bullet....here you go>>>

3) Yaeh I do have a FANTABULUS by Royal Enfield...there are dozens of pics discussed with plenty of details here at same forum " Enfield fantabulus" go'n dig out buddy
any way a teaser pic here>>

4) About BSA BOND and few other cousins of her like FALCON, Spit fire etc.... NONE of them had Plastic FUEL TANKs.... Falcon 7 Spitfire had FRP side panels against the initial metal panels of BOND
powertwin is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 23:33   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Does anyone have photos of the Enfield Sherpa, Enfield 200 (Mini Bullet!) and the only scooter from them, Fantabulous?

And the 50 cc bike "BSA Bond", which had plastic fuel tank!
Here is my BSA Bond>>

now a pic from the Bond Manual cover>>

..& my Bond When I picked ( before restoration)
powertwin is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 10:43   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is my BSA Bond>>
Wow, that's absolutely fantastic. Guess am running out of adjectives to describe my joy in seeing such a pristine bike. Suppose the bike is restored surpassing what it came out from the assembly unit back. Why don't you take the initiative and open a thread on the restoration? Would be very keen to follow it.

This has been one of my favorite bikes for the exception chassis it has and I suppose this is India's first bike to come with mono shocks for the rear.

Good Job Mate
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 11:08   #172
Senior - BHPian

Very nice @Powertwin! Especially the BSA Bond - "Mini Giant!"
Old 5th March 2013, 11:52   #173
Senior - BHPian

@Powertwin, saw the Fantabulus thread; really fantabulous! Don't know how I missed it!

Do you have the following in your collection as well?

The Chetak copycat "Leo Girnar" from GNFC, the Vijay lookalike "Avanti" from Kelvinator, a moped also called "Avanti" but this one was a JV of some Indian company with Agrati-Garelli (I think) of Italy, and a 50cc four stroke moped called "cadi", whose manufacturer I have forgotten?
Old 15th June 2013, 01:00   #174
BHPian

I was looking around for some address of a cell phone dealer who sold Brand new (ofcourse Chinese) Android phones which are 100% replicas of originals phones like Samsung Galaxy series and HTC series.

I had always wanted to own one of these to add to my collection of Android phones; however this hunt ended up ...... Well actually ..... To look at a graveyard of yester year bikes... with a garland (literally) .....

See these pics ......

I spent the next few hours weeping by my ride ... that people in Mumbai don't care any more about these rides that were once a owner's pride...

check these and let us know what you feel..........................

(The photos are subject to approval from the administrator of this page.....)

Last edited by riteshpawar : 15th June 2013 at 01:27. Reason: grammar mistake
Old 15th June 2013, 01:25   #175
BHPian

Sorry ... Here are the pictures that I was talking about ....
Attached Thumbnails
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-img_20130427_151545.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-img_20130427_151601.jpg  

Old 16th October 2013, 17:20   #176
BHPian

Enfield crusader which i sold to a gentleman in kerala about 2 years back
Attached Thumbnails
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-photo0104.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-photo0102.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-photo0099.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-photo0096.jpg  

TwinHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 02:06   #177
BHPian

Any Known Puch "Twingle" in India? Or maybe a DS50/60?
Old 6th January 2015, 07:07   #178
BHPian

IIrc there was one advertised for sale in Cochin with an asking price of 2 lacs in yr '07-08, never seen it though.
Old 15th January 2015, 13:40   #179
BANNED

Quote:
Here is my BSA Bond
This bike was originally launched as the BSA Falcon. Then Brooke Bond (yes the Tea company) bought the company and re-named the bike the BSA Bond. Later the also launched a bike called the Spitfire. The BSA Falcon was India's first Monoshock suspension bike.
Live To Jive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 19:30   #180

Re: Can anyone identify this moped ?

Quote:
Nice pics of the completely restored Explorer, how much did it cost you ? There is one explorer lying around for years at a friend's neighbour's garage. He is willing to give it to me for 500 bucks.Its like completely ripped apart. I would really hate to post its pics here as its in a disgusting condition though I really want to get it into my stable once again.

The rims look to be good, so is the gear box, the shifting is still smooth, the electricals and wiring look like they'll need to be changed.

The owner says that it has been there since the engine seized in 1996 and will need a new bore infact a complete cylinder kit

Dealers in Mumbai do not have spares for this ... anybody got leads where to get them at ??

Hey Dude,

These posts did bring back a lot of memories.....Hmm, My first affair with bikes started with "Explorer" which my father bought somewhere in 1986.. I remember, we had booked the same by paying some part amount and then there was a long waiting period of nearly a year. I believe it was the first bike with foreign collaboration to be offered in India but it hit the market quite late ie post Ind Suzuki and Hero Honda. The company used to send us small mailers informing on the progress made in the manufacturing plant. ( maybe so as to prevent people from cancelling the booking and moving to other options.
And finally we got the bike somewhere in Jan 1987.... This one was with the original Zundapp engine and then my father got transferred to Pune. When I joined him in 1987 there was nothing which could stop me from riding my dream machine. Though I could not take her to college regularly ( my father used to take it to office). I would ride her when ever he was out of town on inspections.
In 1989, we moved to Hyderabad. From 1989 I did ride her regulary and have some loving memories of my association with the bike and the long rides which I would enjoy on the then empty stetches of roads at Hyderabad. Taking her out on long drives to Shamirpet and Gandipet lakes. Moving with my friends around the Banjara Hills and Secunderabad....Boy those were the days, very less traffic, hardly any news of two wheeler accidents ( quite unlike today).
I also used to ride the RX100 and the CD100 which my friends owned and secretly wished to possess a RX100,.....then I would look at my explorer, her Mag wheels, her Wind Visor and say to myself.."So what if I do not own a RX100, My Explorer is not that Bad, only thing it lacks is the Power of RX100", but I must say, her pick up was really good.
In 1985, we came back to Mumbai and I would still ride her when time permitted me. however in 1996, she started developing regular troubles. I would get her repaired at the local mechanic and ride her again...
But sadly in 1997, we gave her off to the mechanic as she had stopped functioning...It was a tearfull farewell...

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd February 2015 at 21:21. Reason: Post edited for grammar & spellcheck.
NandanB is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks