Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 16:50   #211

Re: Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthcraft22 View Post

Here's my 2001 CBZ after a paint job in 2021.
Looks like it just got out of showroom. Nice work done on the bike. Was it a complete restoration or just a paint job?
Old 28th January 2021, 17:50   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishh_Krishn View Post
Looks like it just got out of showroom. Nice work done on the bike. Was it a complete restoration or just a paint job?
I have been riding this bike continuously therefore it has been serviced regularly. It wasn't really a restoration apart from the paint job. I replaced the following though:

1. All wires and harnesses.
2. Rear Suspension.
3. Headlight assembly was replaced by LEDs.
4. Sprockets.

Not only does it look, but also rides like just out of the showroom as well
Unfortunately, I won't be able to ride it any longer because it is a very old model and the police in Bangalore are on a hunt. Therefore is will soon leave for a place where it will be used like it's meant to.
Old 28th January 2021, 17:58   #213
BHPian

Mine isn't strictly old/classic/vintage grade nor is it a "forgotten" one yet probably, but I guess it qualifies to feature here.

Presenting my humble Candywine Red Bajaj Caliber 110, Oct2000 which goes quite strong till this day. All parts/mechanicals/engine everything are stock OEM, except the 2 rear shock-absorbers - which I replaced with discover's spring-in-spring ones around 10years back.

It's been my daily ride (atleast till the pandemic induced lockdown/WFH kicked in), and I'm delighted with it till today. Have clocked ~70K so far, and it's been largely trouble-free.

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-kkcaliber1.jpg

Last edited by KrisTvpm : 28th January 2021 at 18:02. Reason: minor edits
KrisTvpm is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 21:10   #214

Quote:
Not only does it look, but also rides like just out of the showroom as well
Unfortunately, I won't be able to ride it any longer because it is a very old model and the police in Bangalore are on a hunt. Therefore is will soon leave for a place where it will be used like it's meant to.
How about the engine? Is it still running on the initial bore and piston?

I understand the cop trouble in Bangalore. Luckily I haven't had issues with any my oldies so far. And also where is it leaving to?
Old 29th January 2021, 11:16   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, that looks really nice.

I have some very fond memories with the CBZ - it was the bike I learned to ride on (a college senior's blue and silver CBZ if I remember correctly).
Old 29th January 2021, 11:28   #216
BHPian

Quote:
How about the engine? Is it still running on the initial bore and piston?

I understand the cop trouble in Bangalore. Luckily I haven't had issues with any my oldies so far. And also where is it leaving to?
Yes, the engine is stock. It was opened only once in 2012 when I did an overhaul. It's leaving for J&K in a couple of weeks - back to where it came from

I brought a Honda CB350 last month so that's going to be my ride henceforth.
Old 29th January 2021, 20:36   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiranPatil View Post
TA-DA!!

Friends, Presenting you the Classic eternal beauty i.e. KB100 .

This beauty belongs to my Father in law and It got handed over to me after his demise. The bike was in running condition but restored it carefully with the help of a known mechanic from Bavdhan Pune. Now its my daily ride.

I cannot express the joy of riding this classic here in words.

P.S. If you see any Silver color KB100 running around SUS-Hinjewadi area in Pune, Its me!! Just give me a shout-out to know more about bike if interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshpawar View Post
Is it still going strong ?
My KB100 Delta is now in a pitiable condition and due to the lockdown my fav mechanic shutdown and exited to his native back in 2020. I am still to find a mechanic who will fix a 100cc (not RX100) in Mumbai.

Nobody wants to touch it even though I have a stock of almost all spares.
Old 22nd May 2021, 13:19   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

If anyone looking for an Explorer, do check this

https://www.olx.in/item/royal-explor...iid-1634600145

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-explorer.jpg
Old 22nd May 2021, 13:30   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
Mine isn't strictly old/classic/vintage grade nor is it a "forgotten" one yet probably, but I guess it qualifies to feature here.

Presenting my humble Candywine Red Bajaj Caliber 110, Oct2000 which goes quite strong till this day. All parts/mechanicals/engine everything are stock OEM, except the 2 rear shock-absorbers - which I replaced with discover's spring-in-spring ones around 10years back.

It's been my daily ride (atleast till the pandemic induced lockdown/WFH kicked in), and I'm delighted with it till today. Have clocked ~70K so far, and it's been largely trouble-free.

Attachment 2114693
Very well-maintained bike Kris!

I remember the early 2000s when Bajaj Caliber along with Kawasaki KB100, Suzuki Samurai and of course the popular Splendor were the best bets for budget conscious consumers who also wanted to own popular and reliable bikes. I had a splendor, which served me well but a lot of my friends had the Caliber and Samurai. Very few adventurous ones had the Kawasaki but it was a great looker at the same time served reliably for those who had them.
saleem_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 13:48   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post

Attachment 2114693
I remember with the lights on at night, the speedometer needle remained green till about 50 kmph, then turned red beyond! I rode a friend's bike a few times and this feature stood out.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 15:23   #221
BHPian

In the early 70s they used to sell an Indian moped in Sweden. Thos was a 50 cc with a diesel engine. I have tried to find this online but cant find any info.

I have not seen one myself but read an article in a Swedish magazine. Does someone know of this moped?
Old 22nd May 2021, 17:58   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

And .. An Enduro !!
Some parts dont look to be original, but this one is rare, even more than the KB's

https://www.olx.in/item/kawasaki-sx-...iid-1636792963

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-enduro.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian2003 View Post
In the early 70s they used to sell an Indian moped in Sweden. Thos was a 50 cc with a diesel engine. I have tried to find this online but cant find any info.
I dont think there was any diesel moped at that time. We did have the Suvega, and the Luna. TVS 50 I think came after that. All were petrol. The first diesel two wheeler that I can remember is a Bullet.

Last edited by condor : 22nd May 2021 at 18:26.
Old 22nd May 2021, 19:35   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2114396

Attachment 2114397

Very nicely maintained bike there mate. CBZ was a craze back in the early 2000s before the pulsars n fieros arrived. Hero messed it up big time with the updates. Good to see the original version after so long.
Old 25th May 2021, 10:13   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, I won't be able to ride it any longer because it is a very old model and the police in Bangalore are on a hunt.
Quote:
I understand the cop trouble in Bangalore. Luckily I haven't had issues with any my oldies so far.
Guys, have the cops been stopping you because of the old model ? What's their approach like - checking for valid papers or more ?
Old 25th May 2021, 16:16   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, have the cops been stopping you because of the old model ? What's their approach like - checking for valid papers or more ?
It is usually to check if the papers are valid. But if you follow rules (wear helmet, mirrors and indicators in place, number plates are not fancy, etc.), you shouldn't be caught.
Kishh_Krishn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed