Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2012, 11:37   #151

Re: Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?

Hello Powertwin Uncle, I did post a few pics of the bike sometime back of the forum. Anyways I will post here as well. There is a very detailed restoration of a similar bike here. Did you get a chance to take a look. Perak has gone to Chennai to be with my brother !
Old 18th June 2012, 22:42   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed View Post
Hello Powertwin Uncle, I did post a few pics of the bike sometime back of the forum. Anyways I will post here as well. There is a very detailed restoration of a similar bike here. Did you get a chance to take a look. Perak has gone to Chennai to be with my brother !

..yes!!
you told me ..i think..forgot..hm!! age is catching up...that's why I couldn't see you or even hear you!!
That was a right move>> I mean not to mix Cezh machine with Brit twins
All the best buddy!!
Just inform me, when she(Perak) is ready...will go for a Spin..If possible!!
Cheers!
Old 18th June 2012, 23:03   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350biker View Post
WOW !! simply love the way the jawa tuning has been done. It is far far better music than what even A R Rehman can produce. Keep up the good work and hope that the Jawa is restored in its pristine glory.
Though late by an year (I bumped into this thread only now), I still remember this music and I hear it even now while keying this post.
I used to tune it perfectly and used to do it for many of my friends. The method was copied from the Jawa owner's manual.
We devised a rude but effective method of setting the ignition timing very nicely with the help of a Scissors cigarette packet inner flap. The thickness of this flap was the ideal contact breaker point gap when it is fully open and the gap beginning to open at 3 mm before TDC. In this particular setting the engine would come to life in half a kick. Thanks for rekindling memories of that music.
Old 20th June 2012, 14:16   #154

Yeah uncle! To restore two motorcycles at the same time one must either be very rich or very talented. Unfortunately I am neither! . I am attaching a few pics
Attached Thumbnails
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-perak-1.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-perak-4.jpg  

Old 5th August 2012, 22:52   #155
BHPian

Neat one mate ! But why not the Stock look ?
Old 12th September 2012, 18:19   #156
DRC
BHPian

What a Nostalgic thread! Please let me share my memories...
Even Before the TVS XL, there was a first version of it CD50. That was the moped I learnt to ride first

My dad owned 19 Yezdi motor cycles one after the other. With them I learnt to ride a motor cycle

My neighbors had variety of two wheelers,

Avanti garelli, a moped with automatic gear box 2 speed I guess.

Silver plus, A step through which used to come in only one color it seems silver

Kinetic spark, 3 speed step through used to make a funny sound

Hero Mejestic

Suvega, This was one of my favourites. I saw one recently in Jayanagar.

Kinetic K4 100, One of my friend used to own one. Then auto magazines wrote this bike return a gas mileage of 104 km/l. But in Bangalore, it never went past 60km/l

I used to own a Kawasaki Bajaj KB 100 pre RTZ model. was fun to drive. Those were most memorable days as I used this bike while dating.
It also came in a dirt bike version. forgotten the name

I used to own a LML vespa select. The electric start on this scooter was snobbish at that time

When I wanted to change the LML, Bajaj Legend and TVS vectra were my targets. Never materialized because I did not have money then. I used to run the scooter on used tyres bought at Rs 40 a piece!
Old 3rd March 2013, 20:35   #157
BHPian

I have noticed that this thread has not seen any posts since 2012, so thought I will revive it.

I spotted this Fury in Pune recently. Wonder if its a Team-BHPian owned.

The second one is a Team-BHP post but what about the first one ?

Team BHPian who are you ?
Attached Thumbnails
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-enfield-fury-pune.jpg  

Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-enfield-fury.jpg  

Old 3rd March 2013, 20:38   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post

Suvega, This was one of my favourites. I saw one recently in Jayanagar.

I used to own a Kawasaki Bajaj KB 100 pre RTZ model. was fun to drive. Those were most memorable days as I used this bike while dating.

I used to own a LML vespa select. The electric start on this scooter was snobbish at that time

When I wanted to change the LML, Bajaj Legend and TVS vectra were my targets. Never materialized because I did not have money then. I used to run the scooter on used tyres bought at Rs 40 a piece!
The Suvega ! Is my concern ..

Can you please post some pics of that bike ?

Besides yeah the RTZ was always fun to ride -- especially being sturdy and 2nd best to the RX100 during our college days.
Old 3rd March 2013, 20:42   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
Dear ritesh,

It still has the original headlamp unit and reflector, but no bulb has been able to provide the kind of headlite beam that a stanley bulb would. I remember paying Rs.140 for a stanley bulb even in the mid ninties when the other bulbs came for Rs 20-30 at that point of time. And yes the stanley was a normal filament bulb and not a halogen but its beam would lite up anything at a 100 m.

Is that original stanley bulb still available?
Atul
Yes the Stanley single filament bulbs are still available however in limited stocks.

Some dealers in Opera House sell them at a premium cost of Rs.200 - 400 a piece.

Mine is now fitted with a Yasuka halogen bulb (without cut-out) somehow if I put a normal bulb in her it just doesn't light up the road.

I have tried to wire-up to the battery too but just doesn't help.

Only Pune and Ahmednagar dealers have stocks of RTZ and Delta bikes. Mumbai dealers raise their brow when I ask them for spares for my Delta
Old 3rd March 2013, 22:39   #160
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have photos of the Enfield Sherpa, Enfield 200 (Mini Bullet!) and the only scooter from them, Fantabulous?

And the 50 cc bike "BSA Bond", which had plastic fuel tank!
Old 4th March 2013, 06:52   #161
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Does anyone have photos of the Enfield Sherpa, Enfield 200 (Mini Bullet!) and the only scooter from them, Fantabulous?

And the 50 cc bike "BSA Bond", which had plastic fuel tank!
Add the Zundapp Enfield Explorer and SilverPlus 50CC bikes.
Also the Peugeot moped whose name I have forgotten.
Old 4th March 2013, 10:01   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Add the Zundapp Enfield Explorer and SilverPlus 50CC bikes.
Also the Peugeot moped whose name I have forgotten.
The first three, along with Fury 150cc, are available in this thread.

The Peugeot moped was called "Sportif".
Old 4th March 2013, 14:10   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Mate,
Are you referring to the Bajaj SX Enduro? The Front Flexi Mudguard made it a rage and many of us actually had it on a wider variety of bikes. Guess Bajaj might have made more money selling the front mudguard compared to the complete bike

It had the KB100 Engine with no changes to its vital statistics. They could have made the initial picking smarter or make it a hi-revving machine. The instrumentation was very basic and it came with the Kawasaki 4S Meter console with the indicated speeds at 110 KMPH being the max unlike the 140 Kays on KB 100
Old 4th March 2013, 15:21   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate,
Are you referring to the Bajaj SX Enduro? The Front Flexi Mudguard made it a rage and many of us actually had it on a wider variety of bikes. Guess Bajaj might have made more money selling the front mudguard compared to the complete bike

It had the KB100 Engine with no changes to its vital statistics. They could have made the initial picking smarter or make it a hi-revving machine. The instrumentation was very basic and it came with the Kawasaki 4S Meter console with the indicated speeds at 110 KMPH being the max unlike the 140 Kays on KB 100
Kb100 came with a 'then' futuristic looking speedo/instrument console, with lot of blinking idiot lights. I was very facinated with the Kb100 console when in school, it used to be my favorite bike just for the console

The Enduro was nothing but a KB 100 with a raised front mudguard to showcase offroad intentions. I dont think it had any offroad components at all. Infact Bajaj wanted to make a 4 stroke 250cc version of the dirt bike, using a Kawasaki engine producing about 30bhp, just about when the Eliminator was launched, it was mentioned in various auto magazines at that time, but somehow they never got to launching it.

Has anyone seen the Mofa mopeds now? Recently I spotted a mechanic kid pedling a gray model in Mumbai, forgot to click a pic.
Old 4th March 2013, 16:54   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Kb100 came with a 'then' futuristic looking speedo/instrument console, with lot of blinking idiot lights. I was very facinated with the Kb100 console when in school, it used to be my favorite bike just for the console
+100 to that, KB did have a very elaborate instruement panel incorporated to it. Also had a fuel guage and tachometer associated with it. Overall it had a very good stable engine but was somewhat let down by its poor clutch system. The bike even though it had centrifugal valve system unlike reed valves of other bikes could not be harnessed because of its poor clutch. They were indeed a delight to ride with their exceptional handling and cornering was a treat with its long wheelbase compared to its Japanese Cousins.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed