Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2014, 23:01   #31
BHPian

Re: Pulsar 220 Dts-i handling issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
1) Welds joining cone set housing (steering head) to the motorbike frame.
2) Welds in the front portion of the bike on the chassis members. Especially the single or double cradle frame.
3) Upper and lower T bracket.
4) Torquing of Engine foundation bolts and Steering head and T bolts/nuts.
5) Try replacing the entire Front steering assembly which includes the front forks the two T brackets and the steering head assembly with a substitute and check. If it repeats its the steering head to the chassis frame welds at fault.
6) Check front disc brake mounting and any crack in the front lower suspension arms.
7) Handle bar mounting bolts, torquing and any cracks on the top T bracket.
+1 . I've cracked the front fork due my penchant for hard braking and the plentiful potholes of that era didn't help - it was a Bajaj Sunny however.

Also, check for bent fork tubes.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 16:06   #32
BHPian

Re: Motorcycle: Swaying Problem

I recently started facing this issue again.... My bike's handle suddenly becomes stiff as soon as I pass over a pothole and it starts feeling like the bike will sway left and right due to this stiffness. It stays like that for about 2-3 minutes and goes away and the handle behaves well till I go over another pothole.

I checked by bike by keeping it on centre-stand and turning the handle left and right and I hear a very faint screeching sound when I turn the handle right, otherwise the movement is free and doesn't seems like it's stiff.

Like many suggested this could be a problem with the cone set or front forks. Will have to get it checked soon. By the way my bike is a 2007 model Honda Unicorn. I faced this issue initially when the bike was new but the problem was rectified by Pratul Honda's service centre.
Old 25th December 2014, 10:08   #33
BANNED

Re: Motorcycle: Swaying Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
I recently started facing this issue again.... My bike's handle suddenly becomes stiff as soon as I pass over a pothole and it starts feeling like the bike will sway left and right due to this stiffness. It stays like that for about 2-3 minutes and goes away and the handle behaves well till I go over another pothole.

I checked by bike by keeping it on centre-stand and turning the handle left and right and I hear a very faint screeching sound when I turn the handle right, otherwise the movement is free and doesn't seems like it's stiff.

Like many suggested this could be a problem with the cone set or front forks. Will have to get it checked soon. By the way my bike is a 2007 model Honda Unicorn. I faced this issue initially when the bike was new but the problem was rectified by Pratul Honda's service centre.
Check the Handle bar mounting bolts or the ball bearings. Might need some replacement.

Also this can happen due to careless workmanship.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks