Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 13:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Fiat Spare Parts - Kava Automobile (Mumbai)

I have come across Kava automobiles through this invaluable thread.My friends palio desperately needed left side headlamp and rear back light.I have ordered both and send money through NEFT to their current account.The total cost quoted was rs 4600 for a headlamp assembly and rs 2600 for a backlight assembly.I was promised that above would be shipped next day.
regards
praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 21:00   #17
BHPian

Today I received both the headlamps and the backlight safely packaged .The same has been installed and car is back home after 20 days of unwarranted stay at the tata workshop.I am really surprised and happy at the prompt service of the kava automobiles and recommend other palio owners to get in touch with them if needed .
Moreover i am thinking of ordering a pair headlamps for my punto as the originals need replacement .
regards
praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 19:41   #18
BHPian

Hi All,

I spoke briefly to Mr. Vijay Sheth to enquire on availability and pricing of alloy wheels for Palio Stile 1.1 SLX - 2007 make. 98 PCD and 13 inches tyres. He said he'll have to check if available. In the meantime, I just sent an email to the two IDs listed on the first post on this thread but got email delivery failure notice from kavaauto@yahoo.com

Looks like yahoo email Id is no longer valid. I'm hoping to receive a response from the first email Id, will keep posted. If someone local in Mumbai can help, that will be great!

Thanks!
Old 26th February 2014, 23:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Hi All,

I spoke briefly to Mr. Vijay Sheth to enquire on availability and pricing of alloy wheels for Palio Stile 1.1 SLX - 2007 make. 98 PCD and 13 inches tyres. He said he'll have to check if available. In the meantime, I just sent an email to the two IDs listed on the first post on this thread but got email delivery failure notice from kavaauto@yahoo.com

Looks like yahoo email Id is no longer valid. I'm hoping to receive a response from the first email Id, will keep posted. If someone local in Mumbai can help, that will be great!

Thanks!
Friend had checked around 3 months ago. He had 14 inch rims not 13. We ended up procuring second hand rims from CST market in Kurla and repainting them.
Old 1st March 2014, 12:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Friend had checked around 3 months ago. He had 14 inch rims not 13. We ended up procuring second hand rims from CST market in Kurla and repainting them.
:( Still awaiting response from Kava...
Old 1st March 2014, 22:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Please check if it is available at 99rpm.com

If not available, you can mail them at: sales@99rpm.com
They will procure the same.
Old 5th March 2014, 19:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Please check if it is available at 99rpm.com

If not available, you can mail them at: sales@99rpm.com
They will procure the same.
Vijay Sheth informed that they have 14 inches wheels. I'll check on the above option. Thanks finneyp!
Old 18th May 2014, 11:03   #23
BHPian

Did a quick run to Kava Auto last evening. Things purchased -

- LHS Chrome strip for rear bumper

- Pair of windscreen wipers

50% cost saving (as opposed to showroom) assured.
Old 31st July 2014, 17:56   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone has any latest update on Kava? I wanted to place an order for some parts and would like to know any recent experiences before that. Do they also have a COD option?
Old 31st July 2014, 18:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Anyone has any latest update on Kava? I wanted to place an order for some parts and would like to know any recent experiences before that. Do they also have a COD option?
Avoid Kava like Plague. I was sold a brand new alternator by them. It failed in 5000KMs, when opened it had a rusted armature inside. it was clearly a refurbished unit sold to me as a brand new unit at MRP.

There are TONS of stories online where Kava has sold refurbished and repainted alloys with bends as brand new alloys to unsuspected people directly to customers and with corporate partnerships with unscrupulous personnel.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 31st July 2014 at 18:09.
SunnyBoi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 14:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Avoid Kava like Plague.
Thanks for this headsup !!

Came to this thread 3 years later looking to see if I can pick up a Steering Rack (18K) for my Palio from Kava (who clearly say its refurbished)

Anyone know any alternatives to Kava ?
Old 5th April 2017, 22:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Thanks for this headsup !!

Came to this thread 3 years later looking to see if I can pick up a Steering Rack (18K) for my Palio from Kava (who clearly say its refurbished)

Anyone know any alternatives to Kava ?
You can check with my mechanic Rajesh, he has a few contacts with the gujri folks and probably can source you a used rack in decent nick.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
Old 5th April 2017, 22:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
You can check with my mechanic Rajesh, he has a few contacts with the gujri folks and probably can source you a used rack in decent nick.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
Actually, he's my mechanic too

Maybe he thinks I'm some loaded party so he stuck to his suggestion of only taking OEM route. When I pressed him for other/gujri routes to solve my woes, he said good/reliable pieces aren't available for the rack in most cases and its best to get a brand new one.
Old 18th June 2018, 15:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for Rubber mud flaps for my Punto. 99 rpm was charging insane amount of Rs 250 on delivery when the part costed that much. Had checked with most FASS and none of them stocked it. Finally one of the Fiat owner recommended Kava motors. Called up the number available on Google and it was the owner who picked it up. Enquired regarding the mudflaps and he confirmed the availability. I requested him to check if the mudflaps had the Punto word embossing which he again confirmed. I enquired whether they can deliver at Vroom pointe Koperkhairane FASS and to my luck one of the employees of Vroom was to visit Kava for some personal work who agreed to carry it back to workshop for me. The mudflaps costed Rs 150 against Rs 250 as seen on 99rpm, shipping charged was zero.

Got the mudflaps installed during the service and paid the employee who hand carried it the cost of the part. All in all a wonderful experience with Kava Auto.
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 18:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I was looking for Rubber mud flaps for my Punto. 99 rpm was charging insane amount of Rs 250 on delivery when the part costed that much. Had checked with most FASS and none of them stocked it. Finally one of the Fiat owner recommended Kava motors. Called up the number available on Google and it was the owner who picked it up. Enquired regarding the mudflaps and he confirmed the availability. I requested him to check if the mudflaps had the Punto word embossing which he again confirmed. I enquired whether they can deliver at Vroom pointe Koperkhairane FASS and to my luck one of the employees of Vroom was to visit Kava for some personal work who agreed to carry it back to workshop for me. The mudflaps costed Rs 150 against Rs 250 as seen on 99rpm, shipping charged was zero.

Got the mudflaps installed during the service and paid the employee who hand carried it the cost of the part. All in all a wonderful experience with Kava Auto.
Nice to see the latest update on this thread wanted to order some cosmetic parts for the Linea. Have sent them a message will call them if no reply soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks