Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 09:22   #31
BHPian

re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Nope, Didn't get time to go. But anyway, I am planning on calling Kamyo over. Just waiting for the pending service of my car post which will get some much needed detailing.

Are you planning on buying sunfilm from them? I believe you should be able to get 3M tints at any nearby 3M dealer and dont have to travel all the way to Andheri/Borivali unless you shifted to the western suburbs
No i haven't shifted. Stay in Ghatkopar. Andheri isn't very far & if i am going to spend over 10k on sunfilm then why not get it done from the official store itself , though will have to do a price comparison.
Old 17th January 2012, 09:57   #32
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just visited 3M at Andheri yesterday. My Swift had it's engine bay coating done when it was new at Vitesse. However, after 5 years the coating had cracked and bubbled and looked terrible. The 3M guys managed to get most of the old stuff off and then re-coated with their engine rejuvenation treatment spray. It took quite a while to get the old stuff off and they did their best. The engine bay now looks much, much better. Lot of attention to detail. The car was totally covered with plastic when doing the treatment to prevent overspray. All in all I was satisfied. 8/10. I also got the power wash done. Again 8/10. They gave a demo of their scratch removal procedure on a rather long scratch on one door. The scratch has gone completely. I also did the A/C treatment. Supposed to clean the A/C system and remove all bacteria. They spray the contents of a can into the A/C vents using a long tube and then start up the blower. Initially it was smelling really nice and fresh but half an hour later the smell was gone. A bit disappointed with that. 6/10.
Overall, a good experience. Very clean premises. Staff seem to know what they are doing. Some of their products are definitely a bit costly - viz the A/C treatment cost Rs. 800 for a small can.

Regards,

SS
Old 17th January 2012, 12:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

Just visited 3M at Andheri yesterday.
Regards,

SS
Suzuki could you help out with a complete address or detailed directions to this place (i stay in Ghatkopar). Couldn't find it online & the facebook link is blocked for me from office
Old 17th January 2012, 12:38   #34
BHPian

Hi Avinash,

The address is :
Shop No. : 1 A/J/K
Shree Laxmi Ashish Industrial Estate
Link Road
Andheri (West)
Bombay 400 053

Tel : Parag : 98206 25784

The Laxmi Industrial Estate entrance is almost exactly opposite the Mercedes show room on the Link Road. When you enter the estate 3M is the first shop on your left - you cannot miss it.

Suggest you call and make an appointment before coming all the way from Ghatkopar.
Don't forget to mention you are a TBHP member - you MAY get a discount

BTW, I have heard that MKraft in Mulund are pretty good. As that is fairly close to you, have you by any chance dealt with them in the past and if so how is the quality?

Rgds,
SS
Old 17th January 2012, 13:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Just visited 3M at Andheri yesterday. My Swift had it's engine bay coating done when it was new at Vitesse. However, after 5 years the coating had cracked and bubbled and looked terrible. The 3M guys managed to get most of the old stuff off and then re-coated with their engine rejuvenation treatment spray.
Suzuki San, Can you pls post some images of the engine bay if possible?
Old 17th January 2012, 20:10   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san
Hi Avinash,

The address is :
Shop No. : 1 A/J/K
Shree Laxmi Ashish Industrial Estate
Link Road
Andheri (West)
Bombay 400 053

Tel : Parag : 98206 25784

BTW, I have heard that MKraft in Mulund are pretty good. As that is fairly close to you, have you by any chance dealt with them in the past and if so how is the quality?

Rgds,
SS
Thanks SS for the detailed reply. & nope no idea about mkraft. Just got my baby less than 3 weeks back. So still finding out the places : D
SS does the place have accessories for detailing like waxes & micro fiber cloth?
Old 18th January 2012, 13:13   #37
BHPian

Hi Avinash & F1Fan,

Yes. They have a load of stuff there. All sorts of Meguiar's (3M) products, MF cloths etc. etc. They also do 3M window film at the same place but I found it to be rather expensive - in fact more costly than VKool!!

F1Fan,
I will take the pics of the engine bay asap and post them for you. Sorry for the delay.

Regards,
SS
Old 19th January 2012, 00:50   #38
BHPian

Hi F1Fan,

Attached is a pic of the engine bay after the engine rejuvenation treatment at 3M.
Has been a struggle to upload the pics hence only one.
Hope it's of use to you.

Regards,
SS
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-dscn3366-medium.jpg  

suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 17:43   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Hi F1Fan,

Attached is a pic of the engine bay after the engine rejuvenation treatment at 3M.
Has been a struggle to upload the pics hence only one.
Hope it's of use to you.

Regards,
SS
Thanks SS. Really appreciate it.
This might be a dumb question but how does engine coating treatment help? Does it help in less dust collection in the engine bay? Any other advantages of doing this?
Old 19th January 2012, 18:31   #40
BHPian

Hi FiFan,

Yes! It prevets dust collection and more importantly makes cleaning easier.
Also supposed to protect the rubber and plastic parts to a certain extent.
Also, the chemical used is supposed to keep rats - who chew your wires - at bay. Finally, it looks good -

Regards,
SS
Old 3rd April 2012, 00:04   #41
BHPian

@raj akshay1234, f1fan and others

I would like to Under-body coating done for 7year old 800 the under-body has started to show signs of superficial rust although had done anti-rust coating at time of delivery from Sai-Service in 2005 but i think the coating was not done properly.

But many have mentioned here that borivali outlet does n have ramp or lift to lift the car up and they rely on jacks and L nozzle.

So does it make sense to go to 3M official center or to go to Maruti A.S.S for the under-body coat using 3M product or to get it done locally with sourcing the 3M under-body coar cans from opera house ?

For detailing i want to call Kamyo home for my 800 and also civic but running tap or hose water is an issue.
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@raj

For detailing i want to call Kamyo home for my 800 and also civic but running tap or hose water is an issue.
I am sorry, I have no idea about this buddy. I have never done under body coating from 3M (nor I plan to do). Maybe others can help.
Old 3rd April 2012, 18:06   #43
BHPian

Good news for Navi Mumbai'tes:
A new 3M car care outlet opened on Palm Beach Road, Nerul (at the Signal near Sec 48). Noticed yesterday night while driving by.
anuragn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 18:23   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post

So does it make sense to go to 3M official center or to go to Maruti A.S.S for the under-body coat using 3M product or to get it done locally with sourcing the 3M under-body coar cans from opera house ?

The 3M place I went to had a lift. So its upto you.

Kamyo doesn't need running water as such. They just need to fill up their buckets. If you can provide that much then all will be fine.
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:46   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The 3M place I went to had a lift. So its upto you.

Kamyo doesn't need running water as such. They just need to fill up their buckets. If you can provide that much then all will be fine.

You went to borivali place right ??

Oh so if kamyo can work with buckets then that i can provide very well no issues. Will getting my 800 and civic detailed by them sometime next month.

Most Viewed