Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2012, 00:12   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
You went to borivali place right ??

Oh so if kamyo can work with buckets then that i can provide very well no issues. Will getting my 800 and civic detailed by them sometime next month.
Yup it was the Borivali place I'm pretty sure

Great, let us know how Kamyo does the job.
Old 4th April 2012, 10:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The 3M place I went to had a lift. So its upto you.
Even I had been to Borivali.

Irony is, they use the lift only for underbody coating, I guess. Their washing bay does not have a lift, so they cant clean the underbody properly. They just use a L shaped nozzle for that.
Old 5th April 2012, 00:49   #48
BHPian

Good news for Navi Mumbaikars. 3M opening a 2 storey studio just opposite the Sea woods estate on the Palm Beach road. Just saw a couple of huge boards come up. It is right next to the exit to go to Sea Woods from Palm beach road
Old 6th April 2012, 13:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

3M Car Care at Seawoods Palm Beach Rd. Navi Mumbai opened up 5 days back on 1 April'12. Just confirmed it from 3M. Planning to go there in coming days. If anyone is going there let me know, can catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Good news for Navi Mumbaikars. 3M opening a 2 storey studio just opposite the Sea woods estate on the Palm Beach road. Just saw a couple of huge boards come up. It is right next to the exit to go to Sea Woods from Palm beach road
Old 6th April 2012, 21:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
3M Car Care at Seawoods Palm Beach Rd. Navi Mumbai opened up 5 days back on 1 April'12. Just confirmed it from 3M. Planning to go there in coming days. If anyone is going there let me know, can catch up.
We are going to 3M andheri tomorrow. Coming?
Old 8th April 2012, 00:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Visited 3M Car Care Navi Mumbai today and picked up Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant and a Microfiber wash mitt. A Mercedes C-Class and Chevy Spark were getting detailed and they were receiving inquires from many people coming over there. They will in coming days will stock more Meguiars products. Finally a 3M store just 10 min from my place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
We are going to 3M andheri tomorrow. Coming?
Thanks for the invitation Rajeev, would have definitely joined you on Sunday as I'm heading to Andheri tomorrow.
Old 8th April 2012, 21:04   #52
BHPian

Re: Car Detailing : 3M Car Care (UB City, Bangalore)

Hello Guys, 3M Car Care has opened a new store in Navi Mumbai, at Seawoods. Contact person is Mr Niket Patil, mobile 09867804675
Old 23rd April 2012, 15:29   #53
BHPian

Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)

Visited the 3M shop in Borivli, did not know that it was just 10 minutes from my place.
i was looking forward to underbody anti rust and engine protection solution for my EON. Hyundai is charging Rs4400 and Rs2200 respectively for the two treatments. Rate at 3M is surprisingly less than half of the same.

Considering an under chassis treatment for 5 years, engine shield and 3M paint sealant to be done in the coming weekend, any suggestions, opinions on the same?

The present rates differ slightly than what is put in the first post from Raj, will update the same after my visit.

The Staff was quite courteous and knowledgeble while i was inquiring around.

Hope these treatments at 3M do not affect my warranty with Hyundai?
Old 23rd April 2012, 20:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
The present rates differ slightly than what is put in the first post from Raj, will update the same after my visit.
Hi buddy, I have mentioned about the same in my post -

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I have attached some pics in the end which shows the packages they offer & their prices. However, prices in Mumbai are more than shown in the pics.
Also, now because of the increase in service tax post budget, their prices have increased further.
Old 1st May 2012, 17:17   #55
BHPian

My first experience with the 3M car care at Borivli. I got the under body treatment with a warranty of 5 years and the Engine Shield done on my EON. Total cost 2595 Rs for the 3M Anti Corossion treatment and 895 Rs for the Engine Shield. Add Service tax (12.36%) amounting to 431.36 and the total becomes 3921 Rs along with complete satisfaction of the work done on the car .
The people at 3M are very meticulous and good at what they do, right from the car wash to the final cleaning of the car before delivering it.
Pictures speak more than words so here is how it goes, right from the 3M shop outside view to the interior of the shop, the cleaning process, lifting the car up, underbody drying, coating, protecting the body parts, engine shield coat, final cleaning and ready for delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic1.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic2.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic3.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic4.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic5.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic6.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic7.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic8.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic9.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic10.jpg  

Old 1st May 2012, 17:24   #56
BHPian

The good thing about the 5 year warranty treatment is that 3M gives a warranty card with 10 free inspections every 6 months. incase the undercoat is scrapped or there is any issue they redo the treatment for that part / portion again. I guess thats a good peace of mind.

Pictures Continued
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic11.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic12.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic13.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic14.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic15.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic16.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic17.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic18.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic19.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)-pic21.jpg  

mahen_narang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 17:41   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Visited 3M Car Care Navi Mumbai today and picked up Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant and a Microfiber wash mitt.
Hi, el lobo, how has your experience been with the Meguiars Shine Protectant been? I though of buying the same but then thought of taking opinion from others who have used it.
I own a EON Magna. the door handles are of Black Plastic and in 6 months have already lost its newness, same is the case with the black OVRMs.
Does the Shine protectant work on these plastic parts and dash boards?
Old 1st May 2012, 22:38   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Hi, el lobo, how has your experience been with the Meguiars Shine Protectant been? I though of buying the same but then thought of taking opinion from others who have used it.
Mahen first of all congrats for your Eon. Great choice, rather than purchasing a Alto which looks all dated.

Megs Natural Shine Protectant is a worth it product. In my car, the wiper & indicator stalks had become very dull and even the area around HU which was previously black turned all dull. Used it on it and it was all back to black. You can use on any plastic part be it the door trim, rubber beading, vinyl, door handles, ORVM. The surface becomes smooth and it leaves no residue or doesn't feel greasy/sticky after application.

Its a spray bottle but I would recommend to get a applicator pad or a microfiber to apply it rather than spraying. Use another clean microfiber towel to wipe off the surface and it would give a new car look.

At 3M Car Care Borivali, purchase 2 Meguiars microfiber towel for 2 X Rs. 297 and Natural shine protectant for Rs. 570.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 1st May 2012 at 22:40.
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:15   #59
BHPian

Had been to this place same time when mahen was getting the underbody and engine dressing done on his eon.

Well i had gone there with My Black Lancer the car is full of swirls thanks to the idiot washer that i have and this is inspite me polishing the car with rubbing compund and then waxing it with a polishing machine.

They gave me demo of the Paint sealent advanced process on a small patch of bonnet and well i can say i was not that much impressed the swirls were reduced to 80% but not 100%.
On my old black lancer which also suffered from same swirl issues my local body shop guy polished and detailed the car and the car was 100% swirl free with a mirror finish and also interior cleaning was done all this for 3k and same thing got done on my silver civic for the same price.

Well All i want to say is the amount of money spent on the Paint sealent treatment is not worth it. the swirls were NOT removed 100%.Period. and IMO that what counts the most when one pays big amount for such service.

Infact Mahen would agree that the spark which was getting Paint sealent treatment beside his eon was also not 100% swirl free and mind you all this car was blueish silver in color and was relatively new as compared to my lancer which is 4years old.

I will only go to this place for Underbody coat and thats it, Nothing more than that.

@all

can anybody who has done the underbody coat with the 5year warranty tell does it really act as a sound insulator ? does it really dampen the road noises?

Last edited by jatinpatel : 3rd May 2012 at 21:19.
Old 5th May 2012, 16:14   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Infact Mahen would agree that the spark which was getting Paint sealent treatment beside his eon was also not 100% swirl free and mind you all this car was blueish silver in color and was relatively new as compared to my lancer which is 4years old.
Jatin, just to be factually right the car besides mine was BEAT and not SPARK, nevertheless i would not like to comment on this as i was not that observant as you about the swirls on the car.
Although i can say that i was there to see the treatment on the car right from the begining and i can say for sure that the way the car looked before the treatment and after treatment, there was a lot of difference. the car was new alright but after the treatment it looked all the more great, shining and fresh.

Quote:
@all

can anybody who has done the underbody coat with the 5year warranty tell does it really act as a sound insulator ? does it really dampen the road noises?
I drove the car late night with no music inside and traffic around. i could not really make out any difference in the sound insulation. On a smooth road the car was anyway nicely sound proof, on pavered road the sound increases to a large extend. Don't think the underbody treatment has made any difference.
Would like to hear others experience as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks