Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2013, 19:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Wheel Balancing & Alignment : Straight Line (Santacruz W, Mumbai)

Visited Trevor today

Installed Michelin xm2 on my fiat Petra

Visit was long due. In fact I had been calling him since about three months and always used to tell him that I will visit him in a week

Still, whenever I called I was greeted with a smile and never Trevor avoided me. After all he is also a businessman and his time has value

As with everyone team was very particular. They even cleaned the rust from the rims as my car is more then 9 years old

Trevor has told me to monitor tyre pressure and if there is air loss he will order new rims for me

I did not get a very good bargain deal from him but I never even bargained. Not that I was ripped off but I could have easily got the tyres cheaper by Rs 200 per tyre from some other shop

But for me he is such a nice person to deal with that I frankly did not mind paying him little extra for the better service he provides
Old 4th January 2014, 16:53   #17
BHPian

Having read this thread I visited Straight line earlier today.
The level of competence displayed by the guys is really good. Mr. Trevor was not in but Amol and Deepak did a splendid job and went the extra mile clearing the doubts that I had.
A 4wd M Hawk is probably the most difficult car to get the alignment right and I have been tweaking the alignment since Day One at multiple places. Now I do feel that I may have found the shop that should be able to handle my alignment issues. Thanks for this thread ab500 and a thanks to the guys who followed up and posted their experiences as well.
Old 4th February 2014, 13:10   #18
BHPian

Being able to drive a scorpio at 120 with no hands on the steering wheel and seeing it go straight. Now that's what I call alignment. I am not advertising but these guys are good.
Old 16th March 2014, 21:40   #19
BHPian

Had purchased xm2 for my petra about 2 months back from trevor
The front left tyre was losing pressure slowly. Say about 7 or 8 psi in a week. Suspected a slow puncture but when I called trevor he told it might be a fautly valve also

So took car to him one day. The rim needed some servicing which trevors team did for me without charging anything. Also balancing for that tyre was done absolutely free

Thats service for you.
rikhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 14:55   #20
BHPian

I have taken an appointment with this guy for today evening. Have to get the wheel balancing/alignment done for my ritz vdi. He has quoted 600 rs. I am not sure how much it is charged outside. I assume it would be in similar range.
Old 26th January 2015, 17:18   #21
BHPian

Hey folks, today I experienced the awesome service by straight line team and must say, they're really amazing. More importantly, they're fast, answer all questions in detail, and are very genuine. Amol attended my car, explained me what balancing and alignment is all about, and is extremely knowledgeable guy. I'll any day recommend them.
Old 25th May 2015, 20:08   #22
BHPian

I went to Trevor on a friends recommendation and I was not disappointed. Hes a good guy . Put Michelin XM2 195/60/R15 on my Honda City . Hes not cheapest and does not match the online rates. But he seemed to know well .
He showed me how to feel a tyre bulge and side bubble .

My car was road tested twice . Once by him and one more time by one of his assistant.
I recommend them .

On a side note . There is a remarkable improvement with XM2 over the MRFs in ride quality.
Old 6th January 2016, 10:34   #23
BHPian

I need to share one more incident about my experience with Trevor. My wife's Hyundai eon needed a steering column replacement on account of EPS failure. This part was done in extended warranty at no charge. Immediately after that I also did a service at Hyundai Authorised garage itself .
Now I felt that after the steering work, my car was slightly pulling to the right. Though Hyundai had also done a wheel alignment and balancing as part of the service, I was not convinced that it was done right. They said it was just my imagination and nothing else.

Frustrated at this I wanted Trevor to have a look. He was not available at that time but asked his guy Amol to check my car. And they have fixed the issue to my satisfaction. He said that though alignment seemed ok, the steering wheel was out marginally.

Effectively I paid two times for my WA and WB job, but more importantly the work is done to my satisfaction. Amol has asked me to drive for a few hundred KMS and let him know if all is ok.

Trevor had also done alignment and balancing on our 1 lac kms old civic last month and that job was also done perfectly.

Thumbs up to this guy once again. I now feel that the authorised garages are just too busy to do these kind of jobs accurately. Its either that or age has made me a khatpat customer.
Old 14th March 2016, 15:29   #24
BHPian

ab500 & the rest, thank you for sharing this gem! I'd never have ventured out to Straight Line considering the modest setup, but Trevor's knowledge & work ethic are unparalleled.
Got a new set of Earth 1s for my Swift from him recently at most competitive prices.
His passion for his work is just obvious & the guys at the shop really know their job. Had an interesting 2 hours getting setup & talking about everything from tread wear and psi levels to coil spring assisters and express way stories. 100% recommend him.
Memphis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 17:46   #25
BHPian

I need to get my Honda City tyres replaced soon. I would always use saifee in santacruz, but maybe this time I will try straightLine. Thanks for bringing up an old thread.
Old 21st April 2016, 19:20   #26
BHPian

Got my Duster's WA & WB done at Trevor's today. Got to understand in detail about tyre wear and their reasons, among other interesting topics.
That's the charm about TBHp, I guess. It's not as if there are no WA shops in my area, but to find out about such a generous and professional person at the other end of town and yet choose to go there.. Made a new friend in the bargain.
Old 4th May 2016, 17:43   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to Straighline today to get the rotation, alignment & balancing done. Never had a problem with alignment, the purpose was more of the tyre rotation after the last 6000 kms. Was I. Touch with Trevor for a couple of days & the guy is so warm - he broke the ice in the first call itself and I feel he is a buddy of mine.

Fixed an appointment @ 12.30 pm & reached there and I had a slot free at the right time. He checked the tyres & showed me some cracks on the outer layer & also along the water channel(?) and suggested that I change the tyres for safety reasons. The usage is really less & the tyres being 5 years old have contributed to the cracks. Planning for some Chinese make as my usage pattern is bound to remain the same.

The balancing & alignment values were pretty decent and didn't have any alarming problems. Was charged @ 800/- after discounts for all the work. Quite happy overall & should be visiting soon for the new tyres.

Wheel Balancing & Alignment : Straight Line (Santacruz W, Mumbai)-wp_20160504_12_37_22_pro.jpg

Wheel Balancing & Alignment : Straight Line (Santacruz W, Mumbai)-wp_20160504_12_37_30_pro.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th May 2016 at 17:49.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 19:53   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Found out about Straight Line from this thread and called up the mobile number listed in opening post. It was a pleasant experience from the get go.

Trevor asked me my name and then introduced himself. I told him I need to align and balance my Vento wheels and was in Mumbai till Thursday. Pat came the reply, can you be here in an hour? That was what I'd been hoping for anyway so I gladly accepted.

Trevor gave me detailed directions to get to the shop. If coming from the WE Highway take the exit that gets you to (and over) the Milan subway flyover. Keep going till you hit SV Road and then keep going some more. At one point, just before you hit the Relief Road, there is a cluster of shops and garages on your right. Straight line is almost dead centre in that cluster.

I overshot the shop and called him back and Trevor came out of his shop to wave me over. He introduced me to his chief mechanic Deepak and got me a cup of tea while his team plunged into action. Seems to be quite a hands on guy since he started working on my wheels himself including blow drying off an incredible amount of dust from my brake discs.

Monday afternoons seem to be a slow period but there were about 4 other vehicles there while mine was being worked on. Trevor took a Q5 for a test spin and invited me along. He is quite a friendly fellow and makes for pleasant company. Also seems to know his stuff; he assured me that my tyres were well maintained and had another 25000 km life in them. My rear tyres had a toe out problem and he had that corrected. I asked the team to check for punctures (party of the process anyway) especially the left rear tyre which was losing pressure faster than the others and not surprisingly they found a puncture there. A nail had gone in almost 3 to 4 inches deep.

What I liked was that despite finding 3 more nails in the tyres, the staff assured me that none of them had caused a puncture. This is the exact opposite of the average tyrewala experience where these guys are known to poke holes in your tyres just to create a revenue stream of "fixing" them. Ten points to Gryffindor!!

On the negative side, the shop is quite small and at first glance you don't get the impression that it retails New tyres as well (I specifically asked Trevor to confirm). He confessed that there were demands that he expand and with his current infrastructure he could start another shop or two but claimed to be unambitious where that was concerned.

Bill came to 1350 from which he promptly waived 250. Service was prompt, professional and personalized. A shake of the hand and a sincere request to recommend friends and family to the shop wrapped up a pleasant hour or so.

Highly recommended.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Balancing & Alignment : Straight Line (Santacruz W, Mumbai)-image.jpeg  

Last edited by noopster : 9th May 2016 at 20:30.
noopster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 11:51   #29
BHPian

I had been to Trevor 2 days back to get my tyres rotated and do an annual Wheel Alignment and balancing for my Honda City. Car was attended by Deepak. Trevor said he was kind of short of staff another of his main guy Amol had gone to village.

Overall no fuss, No Drama. I have even made my FNG guy standardise on Straightline for his WA WB jobs.
Old 2nd June 2016, 18:14   #30
BHPian

Another satisfied customer here! Visited Straight Line yesterday evening to get the tyres rotated, and alignment & balancing done for my Hyundai Elite i20. The Hyundai Service Centre did not rotate the tyres during the 10,000 km service despite my request for this, so I decided to get this done myself.

Being a weekday, it wasn't very busy and they immediately jacked up my car and started the alignment, followed by balancing each tyre and then rotating their position. The whole thing took < 30 mins, including a short 5 min test drive after completing the job. Amol handled my car, and on hearing that I heard about Straight Line through Team-BHP, gave me a INR 100 discount (on a total of INR 700, so pretty good!)

Thanks for sharing ab500.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks