Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2018, 07:21   #76
BHPian

Re: Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
How much did you pay for this? Do they have surcharges for darker cars like Kamyo?

Thanks!
I paid 1500 for interior and 2500 for exterior+engine bay detailing for a darker shade car. I don’t think the prices are any different for lighter shade cars.

Last edited by noopster : 26th March 2018 at 11:43. Reason: Please check PM
manish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 07:59   #77
Senior - BHPian

Some good news for Thane residents particularly those residing in and around Ghodbunder Road. Mangesh has opened a second shop at Pataskar Eclat, next to Axis Bank and Maruti Fort point. The shop is now fully operational. The outlet is handled by Pritish who had started with Mangesh as one of the detailing boys. Of course Mangesh will be overlooking things.

Address: Pataskar Eclat, Ghodbunder Rd, Kavesar, Thane West, Thane, Maharashtra 400615

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-maxshine-ghodbunder-road.png

This place is exactly 800 mtrs from my place.
ghodlur is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 13:12   #78
BHPian

We had a BHPians Detailing day on 7th October 2018. Had booked the full day for four cars. A new gen Verna, and new gen Jazz a four years old Honda city and a 10 year old Skoda Fabia. All the cars got a fabulous job done on the cars. Fellow BHPians have already spoken good about the service. I dont want to add anything more to that.
The service done was great. Few very small issues that can be resolved easily. The whole staff has great attitude towards achieving perfect outcome. Here are some pics of from the day. Got a service worth the money.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-fabia.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20181007_104526.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20181007_114322.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20181007_134751.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img20181007wa0037.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img20181007wa0041.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img20181007wa0042.jpg  

allien936 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 11:09   #79
BHPian

Mangesh the Magician

After hearing praises about Mangesh from a lot of TBHP friends, I finally decided to give him a try for my 6 year old Skoda Laura. The car had missed its detailing in all of 2018 and I need some one with a magic touch to bring it back to its original glory. My only hitch was a long drive that I would have to make from Andheri to Thane.

But boy I must admit that the long drive was totally worth it. The amount of efforts and attention to detail that Mangesh and his team put in are absolutely praise worthy. And I must add that even though there were other cars which came in later in the day, the team assured that work on my car didn't slow down. I will let some pics do the talking now.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20181209_161337.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20181209_161043.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20181209_161031.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20181209_162445.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20181209_162454.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20181209_154449.jpg  

Maverick1977 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 16:19   #80
BHPian

Max Shine has temporarily shifted all their operations to the GB road branch. More details in the post here:

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-maxshine-update.jpg
Torque_Curve is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 08:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Max Shine has temporarily shifted all their operations to the GB road branch. More details in the post here:

Attachment 1834196
Even this will be eventually be closed or might have been closed too. Maxshine has shifted to a new location at Nitin Company at the place where the previous Hyundai pre-owned dealer ship existed. Its on the service road immediately after the Cadbury flyover ends while coming from Ghodbunder Road.

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-maxshine.png
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:12   #82
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Detailing - MaxShine (Thane)

Got a new Ford Freestyle Titanium Plus in White Gold and decided to get the Ceramic treatment done right at the beginning. The car is a week old and sent it to Mangesh at his new facility in Thane for the treatment which needs 2 days. Know him since past 7 years and the quality and consistency of the services has been awesome always. Adding to this, his attention to detail and honest advice on the treatments that need to be carried out gives you peace of mind that the car is in good hands!

The end result looks stunning and the car looks better than what it was from the showroom! The car has to be seen personally to feel the difference, attaching a few pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20190420_192923.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20190420_193524.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20190420_194728.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20190420_194807.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img20190421wa0007.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img20190421wa0008.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img20190421wa0018.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img20190421wa0020.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img20190421wa0023.jpg  

Maverick5490 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 12:59   #83
BHPian

I got my EcoSport detailed at MaxShine Thane yesterday.

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20190511_1847182.jpg

They did a phenomenal job detailing the car. I entered at around 1:15 Pm and left at 7 PM. At the end of it, the car was looking better than the day it was delivered.

There were atleast 4/5 people working on the car at all times.
Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20190511_173713.jpg

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20190511_184259_316.jpg

The result of all the effort.
Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20190511_1938152.jpg

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20190511_1939542.jpg

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_20190511_192800_12.jpg
suku_patel_22 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 14:52   #84
BHPian

I recently painted a few areas of my car - as I met with an accident. The denting painting guy has not polished the car.

Showed a car to a local mechanic and he said - he will charge 1500 for polishing the car, aint sure of the quality products used.

Would it be wise to take it to Max Shine this weekend and get a detailed job? Will that include polishing and making the exterior silky smooth as it appears in the images? Dont want to spend a lot of money on doing a double job.

Let me know - I might look at doing both exterior and interior if the exterior (smoothness) is a guaranteed result!
Old 15th May 2019, 15:33   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
I recently painted a few areas of my car - as I met with an accident. The denting painting guy has not polished the car.

Showed a car to a local mechanic and he said - he will charge 1500 for polishing the car, aint sure of the quality products used.

Would it be wise to take it to Max Shine this weekend and get a detailed job? Will that include polishing and making the exterior silky smooth as it appears in the images? Dont want to spend a lot of money on doing a double job.

Let me know - I might look at doing both exterior and interior if the exterior (smoothness) is a guaranteed result!
The exterior detailing would involve polishing as well. Why don't you have a word with them and appraise them of the requirements?
Old 15th May 2019, 16:25   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I got my EcoSport detailed at MaxShine Thane yesterday.
The results are outstanding. Makes you even more possessive of the car!

Quote:
How old is the car? Would be advisable to get the complete car detailed for a uniform look. You can always meet up with Mangesh and he will guide you.
Old 16th May 2019, 12:05   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will that include polishing and making the exterior silky smooth as it appears in the images? Dont want to spend a lot of money on doing a double job.
A detailing job is supposed to include paint correction (be it a new car or a repainted one) as part of the process. However, majority of them dont go beyond basic polishing. To whichever detailer you go, do enquire about the process and then once you get an idea what will be done, go ahead with it.

Do pm me if you need to understand the process in detail.
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:19   #88
BHPian

Quoting myself from my ownership thread (My Racing Red TVS Apache RR310):
Quote:
After getting the new panel fixed on the bike, it was time for another coat of ceramic coating, or curing/re-validation of ceramic coating as they call it. I asked the folks at Maxshine how much they would charge me for coating the new panel, to which they responded that the price would be negligible. I was kinda relieved that they wouldn't charge much and asked them to take as much time as they'd like to get the job done. Pritish, who was at the shop then, said that instead of giving it to me the same evening (I had dropped off the bike around 10 AM), he could give it to me the next day in the morning. Upon reaching reaching the next day, Pritish wasn't at the shop so I happened to ask his sub-ordinate regarding how much I need to pay for coating of the new panel. He had a word with Pritish on call and said it came to INR 2,000! I was shocked since they had charged me INR 8,000 for the whole bike! I waited for Pritish to come and after having a word with him, he reduced the amount to INR 1,500. I didn't want to make an issue since it wasn't worth it. I paid the amount and left, but not before taking a few photos. I was happy with the work, no doubt, but this charging a bit high for one panel episode left a bad taste in my mouth. Here are the images post the curing process: FYI, the panel itself costs around INR 950.
With the initial/first ceramic coating, I was happy with the result. The swirl marks never came up until about 5 months. A month later, I got the 6 monthly curing/re-validation done. Barely a month after this new (second) coat was applied, I could already see the swirl marks and was not satisfied with the service. I thought this might be the case only with me but I was surprised to find out that there were two more friends who had undertaken the same service and were facing the same issue. The third time (during the second curing/re-validation that was done about 10 days ago), I was told they would charge me minimum for the new panel that was installed on the bike (replaced due to a manufacturing defect on the sticker from the company), but I was finally charged INR 1,500 for a part that costs about INR 950.
I'll be sharing my final verdict later (a few months down the line to see how this new coat of ceramic turns out after fair usage) but as of now, I wouldn't confidently suggest MaxShine to any fellow BHPian or reader for that matter, at least for bikes.
Torque_Curve is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 18:08   #89
BHPian

Used the services of Max Shine for the second time on my 2015 1.8tsi Skoda Octavia, to ready it for the monsoons this time. Although I was satisfied earlier as well back in November 2018 I did not write in a review here as I wanted to first be sure that the shine lasted and see how long it took for the swirl marks to resurface, as that as per me is the true test of a detailing job. Owning and maintaining black colour cars is not easy but to me a shiny black car looks the hottest and totally worth the money and sweat spent on keeping it looking the part. Six months after the 1st detailing from Max Shine I was still happy with the shine on the paint surface and light to medium swirls had only now slowly started reappearing even though I had not had the time to baby it myself and it was left at the mercy of drivers and cleaners to keep it clean.

The shop is almost an hour away from where i live but the passion with which Mangesh and team do their job I do not mind the travel at all. The new place where they have moved to is pretty big and well made. They do not have their own washing bay and take the car to some place close by for the washing first so that's the only minus for me as i love watching the car being pressure washed and then dressed in shampoo, satisfies my ocd i guess

3 to 4 guys were solely working on my car
Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_9667.jpg

Proper attention to detail from the owner is one thing but when even the workers are trained to check every thing with a hawks eye it deserves a mention
Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_9668.jpg

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_9676.jpg

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_9681.jpg

The interiors to be honest I had managed to keep pretty clean and it was only the drivers seat that had turned pale which has now been taken care off.
Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_9683.jpg

I had a few thin scratches on the rear fender courtesy bikers and autos for which these guys suggested that they will take care of the same by doing a slight touch up. Since it was the fender and not the metal body I agreed as those white scratches were getting highlighted even further after the detail and really messing with my OCD. To my surprise these guys had like a shelf filled with quite a few shades of paint and mixed a few up to come up with a pretty matching shade. Never had any detailer give me this extra service before.
Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_9688.jpg

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_9690.jpg

One for the Gram
Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-qxgm2355.jpg

Not too shabby for a 4 year old eh?
Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_9703.jpg

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-img_9706.jpg

Last edited by vvb8530 : 10th June 2019 at 18:21.
vvb8530 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 14:56   #90
BHPian

Had been reading good reviews of Maxshine (Thane) on the forum. The pics by fellow Bhpians added to the curiosity and wish to get my car detailed by them.
Been owning cars since 9 years now. To be honest with my first humble Wagon R, I really never cared much to get it detailed and the daily cleaning by the society watchman was the only pampering it got. It served me well for 7 years with no trouble at all.

Now, owning a Lapiz Blue Ameo and been a fervent fan of team Bhp have made me take care of my cars more meticulously. In one of the Fiat Group, Ghodlur Sir shared pics of his Punto which was detailed by Maxshine. Immediately I thought of using their services for Ameo. Below are few pics which shall show the output better than putting it in words.

Services I took was paint protection with exterior and interior detailing. The cost is way too less than many other competitors yet the workmanship is quite professional and meets expectations.

The covering costs Mangesh (Owner) a mere 150/- but then the feeling he imbibes in the customer is incredible. A very genuine person who does not try to enforce other higher priced services down your throat. Shall be detailing the Ameo every year from Maxshine and with the colour it becomes imperative.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-covered-2.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-covered.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-interiors.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-rear-1.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-rear-2.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-side.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-ameo.jpg  

Car Detailing - Max Shine (Thane)-ameo-dsg.jpg  

VWAllstar is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com