Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2012, 17:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)

Products sold:
  • Car detailing services
  • 3M sun films
  • Meguairs detailing products
  • Engine addtives, flush, etc.
  • Car cover & neck cushion
  • Floor mats
  • Car cushions
What I like:
  • 3M means professionalism.
  • Fantastic customer care & service.
  • Attention to detail is fantastic.
  • Adequate parking.
  • All services under one roof.
  • They dont even leave unaccessible areas like inside the fuel cap, under the door handle, behind RVMs, etc.
  • Genuine branded 3M products are used. They dont use diesel to remove stains or tar marks.
What I don't like:
  • Pricing is a bit on the higher side. Now pricing is even higher as service tax has increased!
Pricing: Depends on the package you choose. I chose Exterior Restore Essential which costed me Rs. 3500/-.

Speciality / USP: Car detailing, 3M is known for that.

What I have bought from them: Exterior restore advanced. Last time when I want to 3M (Borivali), I had opted for exterior restore essential. It was more of a wash plus wax treatment. Advanced is much better as -

* My car had lots of minor scratches because of my negligent car cleaner. Everything vanished.
* My car had lots of grime. All were cleaned.
* All nooks & corners of my car was cleaned well.
* After a Getz brushed my car, I had huge scratches on the rear bumper. The A.S.S. tried removing it with rubbing compound, but they claimed that the paint has been peeled and even recommended re-painting the entire bumper. Those scratches are gone now!

3M Borivali v/s 3M Andheri: 3M Borivali does not have a lift or pit in the washing bay to clean the underbody well. All they do is use a L shaped nozzle, which is not effective. 3M Andheri has a pit which ensures the underbody is cleaned well. So, I prefer the latter. Also, overall customer care & experience was much better in the Andheri outlet.

Pics of my car after detailing (the civic with LTD sticker is of BHPian 'swarooppatil') -

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-dsc_1094.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-dsc_1095.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-dsc_1096.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-dsc_1097.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-dsc_1098.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-dsc_1099.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-dsc_1100.jpg

Contact Information:

- Name of the contact person: Parag
- Phone numbers: 9820625784
- Postal Address: 3M Car Care, Laxmi Industrial Estate, Link Road, Andheri(W).

Other Info:

Parag informed me that 3M is coming up with 16 outlets in Mumbai. I was glad to hear that they are also looking for a space in Hiranandani (Powai) as that is where I live!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 7th April 2012 at 17:56.
raj_5004 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 17:26   #2
BHPian

Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri)

Had been to 3M Andheri on Saturday. At the same time as Rajeev. The experience was very good, was impressed with their attention to detail. The pricing though on the higher side, is worth the work they do on your car.

What I bought from them:
- CR70 sun-film for the front windscreen
- Exterior restore advanced
- Interior premium

Experience:
Not much different from what Rajeev mentions in the earlier post. A few things I would like to add:
- My seats had turned into a darkened shade as they never underwent any professional cleaning all through the three plus years. They are now as good as new.
- All nooks and corners were attended to.
- Before deciding on the treatment for the exterior, I was assured about the scratches that would be eradicated and the ones which would be reduced. They kept their word, or rather most of which they had said would lighten were even gone.
- Was actually thinking of getting the alloys painted before this exercise. Have changed my mind now.

Pricing:
CR70 for front windscreen: Rs. 7750
Exterior restore advanced: Rs. 3490 (Surprisingly the Civic and Punto both fall in the same medium category)
Interior premium: Rs. 2017

Here are some pics after the detailing:

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-imag0056.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-imag0057.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-imag0058.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-imag0059.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-imag0060.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-imag0061.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-imag0062.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-imag0063.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-imag0064.jpg
swarooppatil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 17:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

This time, I took my Innova there. This is a 6 year old car with just a few kms left to touch a Lac on the odo.

Also, this car has never been detailed ever before. So I chose to do 'Exterior Restore Advanced' and 'Interior Premium' treatments. The whole job took close to 5 hours and costed me Rs. 6700/-. Of course, I dint opt for the cheaper options again, as there were a lot of minor scratches on the car, which were to be removed. Also, the workers had a tough time removing the numerous tar spots on the car.

I was also informed that 3M is coming up with carbon fibre stickering & car body wrap/coat in some time...

Some pics :

Before -
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-b1.jpg

After -
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-a1.jpg

Before -
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-b2.jpg

After -
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-a2.jpg

Before -
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-b3.jpg

After -
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-a3.jpg

Before -
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-b4.jpg

After -
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-a4.jpg

This panel had a lot of scratches before detailing -
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-panel.jpg

The dirty alloy wheel after detailing -
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-alloy.jpg

Some random pics of my car after detailing -

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-dsc_1110.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-dsc_1114.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-dsc_1116.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-dsc_1117.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-dsc_1118.jpg

Some pics of the store :

Products to buy -
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-3m1.jpg

View from the waiting lounge -
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-3m2.jpg

Last edited by raj_5004 : 12th April 2012 at 18:09.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 22:45   #4
BHPian

Looks like a great place to take your car for some attention. Must make a trip to Andheri soon just to get the car detailed. Hope they expand to other parts of Bombay soon as per their plans. Can't wait to try this out.
Old 29th April 2012, 12:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Do these guys remove the t-bhp stickers on the car eg the Live to drive etc and polish/wax the surface under them or leave them on.
Old 29th April 2012, 19:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Do these guys remove the t-bhp stickers on the car eg the Live to drive etc and polish/wax the surface under them or leave them on.
They do not remove the stickers.

Once the stickers are removed, it wont stick well again.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2012, 23:53   #7
BHPian

Had gone with a cousin to get his cars (OHC) under-body coating done. Must say the place is gppd and the pricing is pretty reasonable. Booked an appointment before going and as promised the job was done in an hours time. Highly recommended.
Old 11th June 2012, 15:57   #8
BHPian

Had gone to 3M (andheri) WOW wat a setup !

Got My Brother's new car Swift vdi under body coated -

Charges
1950 (2 years warranty) + 5% team bhp discount

Regards

PS : Is there any coating for the muffler silencer pipes , as these parts catch rust pretty soon ?
Old 12th June 2012, 12:03   #9
BHPian

A Little Off Topic to the discussion going on this thread.

Heard, there is a New 3M Outlet opened at Palm Beach Road, Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Has anyone visited the Center ?

If yes, please upload the Template for the charges. I want to get my M-800 serviced there for the Exteriors as well as Interiors.
Old 18th June 2012, 17:43   #10
BHPian

All smiles

Got their exterior scratch removing service, and their interior cleaning service.
Also asked them to remove all sun films.

No problem, great work done, don't mind paying for the kind of service. And much respect gained as a BHPian

For anyone who likes a clean car with attention to detail duly paid, drop in. They work 7 days a week.

All smiles

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th May 2013 at 01:22. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post allowed, please read forum rules carefully, thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 17:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
A Little Off Topic to the discussion going on this thread.

Heard, there is a New 3M Outlet opened at Palm Beach Road, Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Has anyone visited the Center ?

If yes, please upload the Template for the charges. I want to get my M-800 serviced there for the Exteriors as well as Interiors.
Yes, its near Seawoods Estate. Contact Karthik on 9870251454.
Old 29th June 2012, 14:15   #12
BHPian

I fixed an appointment with Andheri 3M car care the underbody coating. Instructed him to do the one with the 2 year warranty. I reached there on time.My car was taken into the work area and the process of cleaning the underbody prior to the coat, had started. They were soon done with the cleaning and started the process of coating the underbody. After that was done, they started doing the wheelwell area.

I was there all along and everything was going on smooth. So, I had stepped out of the workshop into the showroom for looking at Meguair's and 3M car care products when I heard an unusual thud followed by air gushing out. I rushed to see what had happened. The guy there told me that the pipe had come out from the spray gun and that everything was under control. Not completely believing what they had said, I decided to inspect the car; And to my utter horror, I found this.
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-26012012331.jpg

Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West)-26012012330.jpg
One dent above the shoulder-line of the rear left door. A smaller dent on the front left door, and a deep scratch in the corner. And another dent on the door sill.
It really really hurt, to an extent my heart sank. My first car, and that too not on the road, and more so because it was absolutely no fault of mine.

Post mortem revealed that the pipe from the spray gun came out, and because of the air pressure, went haywire uncontrollably. The heavy nut at the end of the pipe did not help the cause and dented the car in three places.

They first did not admit to the mistake. After some time they did; I went completely mental when the guy there said he'll give 10% discount for my asking what he was gonna do about it. He then said he'll take it to the nearest body workshop and get it done. I said, "Nothing doing, we'll take the car to A.S.S., and whatever it takes for it to come back to how it was, should be borne by you".
To which he agreed and the altercation ended. Next day, first thing in the morning, drove down to A.S.S. with the 3M guy present. They inspected and gave two solutions. The cheaper one where they remove the dent, repaint locally and apply clear coat which would cost (3K); and the other wherein they remove the dent and then repaint both the doors completely, which would cost (8-9K). I thought I will go ahead with the latter since it was a new car and all , and I'll try to claim insurance (then I did not know about No claim bonus, which I would lose).

It was done by next day. I was on my way not expecting too much because it was a really sharp dent. I inspected and found that to a casual observer, nothing was visible, only the reflections were not precise which was expected. Colour was decently matched though the clearcoat finish will never be the same. I took it with a pinch of salt and drove off!

This happened some time ago and I could not post here since I was a newbie. Since the repainting, the car is plagued with rattles from the door to this day.

I am not saying the setup is bad or anything. Just that I was the unfortunate one to be on the receiving end of a freak incident.
Old 29th June 2012, 16:42   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
This time, I took my Innova there. This is a 6 year old car with just a few kms left to touch a Lac on the odo.
I see a layer of transparent polythene sheet over the floor carpet in ur innova. Why was this done? Is your entire carpet covered with this sheet?
Old 30th June 2012, 20:17   #14
BHPian

I have posted on 3M FB page inquiring about any possibility of Thane setup. I got reply today quoting 3M Car Care at Thane is coming up soon. They will update me soon about date.
_Vyenky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 22:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravananj View Post
I see a layer of transparent polythene sheet over the floor carpet in ur innova. Why was this done? Is your entire carpet covered with this sheet?
Yes, the entire carpet right from the front footwell to the boot is covered with this sheet. The stock floor carpet of the Innova is beige in colour and not very ideal for our dirty conditions. The mats wont be enough to protect it. Hence, the sheet is used as a protective layer.

The first time we got in done at Toyota itself, while buying the car. They used a thin inferior quality material, which tore off soon. Then we got it done at a local accessory shop who used a better quality (thicker) sheet.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th June 2012 at 22:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks