Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2022, 20:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Protecting cars from the RAT menace - Autoshine Rat Spray (Mumbai)

The Autoguard rat repellant completes 10 years of service in India.
Protecting cars from the RAT menace - Autoshine Rat Spray (Mumbai)-img20220822wa0002.jpg

Being using this product since 2018 and can vouch for it. Since then my car's wires have been touchwood left alone by the rats and no major damage was inflicted. In my earlier owned Civic rats cost me close to 20k in expenses over the 7 years I owned it. I wish I knew about this product earlier. That being said rats have entered my current car inspite and have attacked places where I did not spray the product.

In one case it bit the washer pipes behind the ventilation grill which I then promptly got the a/c vent covered with a wire mesh and then started spraying the same area with the Autoguard product. Second instance was when the rats chewed away the neck of the plastic washer container again to which I would not apply much of the spray. I however am not sure if the spray will stick to such plastic surfaces and covered the same with a double wire mesh.

The Autoguard is my primary defence, I do have secondary defenses in terms of pins (Rat-proof Fencing as a solution for the rodent menace?) which I have placed strategically inside the engine bay. Plus every 2-3 days I water down the engine guard with diluted Dettol which prevents the rats from littering the same. All in all a effective product. In the non corona days I would need one bottle per year. This increased to 2-3 bottles since running has reduced and the car is parked more. The product does give peace of my mind and is time tested.

Note:- I have no personal affiliation of the product and am just a regular customer.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 22nd August 2022 at 20:46.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 13:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Protecting cars from the RAT menace - Autoshine Rat Spray (Mumbai)

I have removed (Rat-proof Fencing as a solution for the rodent menace?)the spikes from my car and now am depending upon the Autoguard for protection against rats. Will report back incase of any issues.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks