Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2014, 18:53   #61
BHPian

Re: CNG Conversion: Suraj AutoGas (Bandra, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

I am a little concerned about the size of the tank of gas and about the RC booklet. It seems it's up to us to follow up with RTO as to when the booklet will come back to us once we give same for endorsement. Can some of the BHPIans tell me how long it took for the RC book to come back after endorsement.

Thanks
In my case it took a month for the RC to arrive from the Andheri RTO after the endorsement.
My car too has a 60 litre tank and it can take in 8-10 kgs of gas depending on the pressure at the pump. I refill the tank usually after 130 kms or so.
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 22:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What is your concern about size of the tank? I think 60 litres means about 11 kg of CNG. If you average 15 kms per kg of CNG, you will have to refill every 165 kms.
I was told by Mr Jain that 60 litres will take in max 9 Kg out of which i can use 8kg keeping last kg as reserve. I hope 8 kgs wont make me keep driving into the gas pump frequently, my daily running is around 24 Kms as of now and is expected to go upto 62kms post july.
Old 26th April 2014, 23:36   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: Long Term Update of 23000 kms after CNG conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
The car has been serviced every 5k kms by Arya Honda
Do you use the Honda Synthetic oil or mineral oil for your car. Also do you follow the practice of running the car on petrol for a few Kms.

Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 13:38   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Do you use the Honda Synthetic oil or mineral oil for your car. Also do you follow the practice of running the car on petrol for a few Kms.

Thanks
I'm using synthetic oil only on my civic. Also you need not worry on running on petrol as the switch over happens automatically. Still after every 15 days you can run the car for around 3-4 Kms on open road to ensure the fuel pump and injectors are doing fine.
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 14:01   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm using synthetic oil only on my civic. Also you need not worry on running on petrol as the switch over happens automatically. Still after every 15 days you can run the car for around 3-4 Kms on open road to ensure the fuel pump and injectors are doing fine.
Hi do you have the spark plugs no which were replaced on your car ?

Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 16:58   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Hi do you have the spark plugs no which were replaced on your car ?

Thanks
It's the same plug which is used as stock plug for Santro . The number is BKR5E-11.
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 20:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's the same plug which is used as stock plug for Santro . The number is BKR5E-11.
The box cover on the spark plug mention the same.However i am still facing minor jerk issues on the car at 1500 rpm.These had reduced after the throttle body cleaning at honda but have resurfaced again though to a smaller extent.Any suggestions on same?Air filter is new and there are no jerks in petrol mode.
Thanks.
Old 8th May 2014, 21:23   #68
BHPian

Quote:
The box cover on the spark plug mention the same.However i am still facing minor jerk issues on the car at 1500 rpm.These had reduced after the throttle body cleaning at honda but have resurfaced again though to a smaller extent.Any suggestions on same?Air filter is new and there are no jerks in petrol mode.
Thanks.
Is your Civic an A/T or manual?
Old 8th May 2014, 21:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is your Civic an A/T or manual?
It has a manual transmission.
Old 19th July 2014, 14:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Arrived home from Pune today in the morning.While travelling to Pune i found the CNG tank had heated up a bit but today while returning from Pune to Mumbai i found that the tank had cooled up and the and it was cold to touch.Infact a water bottle placed close to tank had turned cold and had water droplets on it.
Any idea how this can be ?

thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 00:26   #71
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning to install a Lovato kit in a 2007 SX4 manual but have a few doubts.

Should I go for the closed loop or sequential kit? A Lovato dealer close to my place said that only 2009 onward cars require the sequential kit because of the BSIV ratings.

He said the open loop will work just fine but the closed loop will give better performance and will not be much different from petrol. I'm not considering the open loop for sure.

Price for closed loop - 31k to 32k
Price for the sequential kit - 46k to 47k

Also, is it necessary to go with cooler spark plugs with CNG? I usually use full synthetic oils in all my cars. I plan to keep the car for a good 6-7 years so please help with your recommendations.
Old 30th July 2014, 06:42   #72
Senior - BHPian

Sequential. Your installer has given you BS about the BS norms ��
A modern car functions better on a Sequential kit. And that's why you should go in for a sequential kit if you intend to keep her. For 5 or 6 Years more.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 14:52   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. Few more queries.

Should I install the rubber spacers for the rear suspension?

Is Eco Fuel Systems in Ghatkopar the sole distributor for Lovato?
Old 5th September 2014, 12:03   #74
BHPian

I was just checking my fuel log and for the last 30k kms on my Civic, I have refilled CNG plus petrol of 1.08 Lakhs in last 20 months and this includes many runs which were done only on petrol. If the same kms would have been covered on Petrol considering average of 9 kmpl and petrol price of 78 I would have spent 2.6 Lakhs on fuel. This translates into huge saving of 1.52 Lakhs which is almost 5 Rs per km for Civic kind of car.And trust me the only maintenance for CNG system was once in 3-4 months service by Suraj auto which was done within 2-3 hours.
The car doesn't show any difference in the petrol or CNG system. Hope this helps others who are sitting on the edge to decide to go for CNG conversion.
saurabhkum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 13:49   #75
BHPian

Well after good amount of good running on CNG my car has landed in little problem.
I'm having problem with my CNG kit which is not getting rectified. I'm having Civic automatic with sequential kit installed. The car in total has done around 61k kms out of which around 31k is on cng. The problem which I'm facing is that the car sometimes stalls. It happens when the car is at low speed and I leave the accelerator or when I'm at standstill and press the accelerator to move forward. The car has visited my installer thrice but no improvement, though this doesn't happen every time but even if happens once in a day puts me off.Last time I was told that my 2 ignition coils have gone weak, I changed all 4 but still problem continues. Someone suggested checking the CNG filter but my installer says that there is nothing like that, and when I tried checking I couldn't find any filter installed for CNG. I need urgent help as though this is not happening all the time but still I don't want to love with such problem. The car after getting converted never gave this problem it only happened in last 6 months that too after visiting the cng center for servicing. If any one has any clue pls help me on what's going wrong.

Most Viewed