Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2013, 17:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: "At Home" Maintenance, Repairs, Accessories etc. - WagenWerkz (Mumbai)

It was time to get my 2001 Honda City Vtec up and running. I was thinking of where to get the work done as the car had become sluggish like hell and i was not at all enjoying it. After a lot of lazing around and procrastination, the lousy dirty rats chewed off the plug wires which made me get up. The car was grounded for around 3 weeks since i was tied up with work.

I called up Jatin last week and asked him if he could come and get the wires replaced. He came home sharp on time and got the wires replaced. Spoke to him for few minutes and he seemed to be a genuine guy who knows and cares about his work. So thought of giving him a chance (he is 23 years old and has just started off so why not )

His place is just next to the Mini Cooper Showroom on the Link Road Extension at Santacruz West.

Over the weekend i reached there at 11AM and winded up at 8:30PM. He didnt mind me hanging around checking on whats being done plus all the car talk kept on happening in between.

Got the following work done.

Engine Oil Change
Power Steering Oil Top-up
Gearbox Oil Change
Air Filter Cleaned
Fuel Filter Cleaned
Oil Filter Change
Throttle Body Cleaning
Injector Cleaning on the cleaning machine
Wiper Assembly and Drains cleaned and lubricated
Front Passenger Side Power Window lubricated
Tappet Setting
O2 Sensor replaced
Timing set with the Timing Light Device

There was a delay in between as Jatin couldnt find the Filler Gauge to get the Tappet Setting done plus his guy from Opera House who was getting the Tappet Cover Packing was stuck in traffic.

Neverthless, the work was done to satisfaction. Had a few test runs on an empty stretch nearby. There is still some work left on the Idling front which Jatin has promised to get it sorted anytime i want to as it was getting very late for the workers as well plus i also need to replace the Tappet Cover bolts. Overall the car is much more smoother and eager than before. Once the idling is sorted it should be back to its mental state.

Pros:

Jatin knows his work
His guys also know their stuff especially Ravi who was working on my car
Has parking space for 6 cars
OEM Stuff used
Friendly environment overall
Pricing is decent.

Cons:

Nothing much really.

Overall Verdict - Recommended.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 19:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Again used Jatin's service when my clutch cable broke on a Sunday Night. After calling up many places, called up jatin who immediately assisted me by sending a Tow truck to get my car home. Later in the week he came home and replaced the clutch cable.

Good service. Appreciate his helping me at 10pm on a Sunday Night. Labour charges for stuff like cable replacements can be slightly lesser.
Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 23:52   #18
BHPian

I've used their services for over 3 times in the last year for my 1.3 mjd punto which is now 4 years old. I've done body work, paint jobs, clutch , suspension work and a regular service. Everytime i have been extremely satisfied with the work. He is able to source oem parts quickly and the work is far better than any (fiat) service center can deliver.
milestogo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 09:11   #19
BHPian

Joined the club. He solved some problems with my Accord which both Linkway Chandivali and Arya Honda Lalbaug couldn't - a sticky throttle in the morning (I did throttle body cleaning THRICE with the duo), a jerky 1 to 2 shift, restoring the folding mechanism of a power mirror... honest about charges, tells you if you're unnecessarily overspending, and is open to feedback.

All in all, finally found my FNG and a good friend!
Old 2nd March 2014, 20:16   #20
BHPian

"At Home" Maintenance, Repairs, Accessories etc. - WagenWerkz (Mumbai)

This is a long pending feedback on my end too since I joined team-BHP.

Last year I approached Wagenwerkz for issue with my sunroof. I got a very good advice and my rear view mirror was fixed by him for a reasonable price. Two of the dealer workshops I had visited prior had advised me to replace the whole mirror assembly and would have costed me three times as much. The original problem of the sunroof was taken care of by Hyundai as a warranty item.

Thanks Wagenwerkz for saving me money and a professional approach.

TMRT

Last edited by TMRT : 2nd March 2014 at 20:18.
Old 10th March 2014, 17:08   #21
BHPian

do they work on aircon's ?
Old 11th March 2014, 13:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookey View Post
do they work on aircon's ?

They can; They just did the dreaded evaporator change on my Merc and trust be its is the most difficult job in a MB; and the car is back factory fresh
DeepakMenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 22:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakMenon View Post
They can; They just did the dreaded evaporator change on my Merc and trust be its is the most difficult job in a MB; and the car is back factory fresh
Thanks a lot Deepak. I have gone through the restoration thread of your black beauty - shes so gorgeous just couldn't take my eyes of her ! Hats off to you for treating her the way she deserves , takes a lot of patience, resolve, sleepless nights and of course loads of cash
Old 11th September 2014, 10:09   #24
BHPian

I’ve used WagenWerkz’s services since 2012. Jatin’s attention to detail and smallest nuances makes it all worth driving down from Thane to his new workshop at Saki Naka. This is the place I’ll recommend for absolute no-nonsense quality stuff. One place where WagenWerkz is unmatched is the time for sourcing parts. I’ve seen even authorised workshops taking more time! No, you won’t get cookies and tea in an air conditioned lounge while your car is being attended to, but rest assured all your issues will to sorted to the T.
adheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 07:05   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
I’ve used WagenWerkz’s services since 2012. Jatin’s attention to detail and smallest nuances makes it all worth driving down from Thane to his new workshop at Saki Naka. This is the place I’ll recommend for absolute no-nonsense quality stuff. One place where WagenWerkz is unmatched is the time for sourcing parts. I’ve seen even authorised workshops taking more time! No, you won’t get cookies and tea in an air conditioned lounge while your car is being attended to, but rest assured all your issues will to sorted to the T.
Can you give us the exact location of this place in Sakinaka?
Old 16th September 2014, 10:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Can you give us the exact location of this place in Sakinaka?
Its just a stone's throw away from SakiNaka Junction. When you come from L&T from JVLR at Sakinaka Junction (Right will take you to the airport), go straight. You'll pass ICICI bank on your left. This place is in the lane next to Maharaja(I think) Restaurant, opposite a rubber factory.
adheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 20:29   #27
BHPian

Saw the MIL(malfunction indicator lamp) on in my Spark one day, the AC was not working, engine temperature stayed at Cold despite 15 minutes of driving and thats when i knew i should not drive it further. Tried to fix appointment with Jatin but nothing really worked out as I generally get up late in the morning.
Finally, he sent a guy to pick up my car and dropped it back the next day. Reason for the MIL was the famous Rat problem. They had cut some wires and made a mess in the engine bay. Problems fixed and MIL was off after the scanning done by him for a very reasonable charge.
Recommended for sure.
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:58   #28
BHPian

So after reading rave reviews and my more than bad experience with 2 HASS (Solitaire & Linkway) on availability of spares, I have decided to give my car over to Jatin for a list of niggles that have been pending since I bought my used Civic S AT (2006 model).

It will now be a long wait for over a week to get my beautiful workhorse back, cant wait to see it pepped up and niggle free.

I will update on the service quality / attention to detail / cost once I get my ride back !

PART I: MECHANICAL
  1. General service and check up
  2. oil & filter replacement
  3. Suspension work
  4. General Tune up
  5. Brakes service / disc pads check
  6. Battery replacement
  7. Carburetor cleanup
  8. Power steering oil leakage check and refill
  9. Engine Coolant leakage check and replacement
PART II: AESTHETIC
  1. Plastic cladding for front wheel wells
  2. Moisture/leakage in front left side under Mat
  3. Fix Broken Back seat panel
  4. Fix Boot left side plastic cover on the joints
  5. Fix full Honda monogram at back
  6. Fix new floor mats
  7. Fix new OEM style steering leather wrap
PART III: ICE
  1. New ICE wiring (fader + balance not in place). Also if possible, fix a bass controller in front for the woofers
  2. Put front tweeters inside stock tweeter space

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 3rd October 2014 at 11:04.
Old 21st October 2014, 15:10   #29
BHPian

My Car is now back from Jatin, below is a brief account of my experience with WagenWerkz:

(A) Positives:
+ Picked up car from home and dropped it back at my doorstep
+ You can work on end to end issues together like ICE, denting/painting, parts replacement (unlike HASS where only OEM issues can be looked at and only parts in inventory will be replaced)
+ Overall cost is 'relatively' cheaper to HASS
+ Fast & quality sourcing of OEM parts (original civic parts from Japan)
+ I was updated of all changes / recommendations on whatsapp on a real time basis since I was overseas for a work trip, before any new part was fixed

(B) Challenges / Improvement areas:
- Attention to detail:
1. Bumper had a scratch / misalignment (fixed free of cost)
2. AC vent was not fixed in properly / misaligned (fixed free of cost)
3. Windshield water-spray cap missing (yet to be fixed)
4. Duplicate key was made but original key went missing (yet to be found and delivered)
5. ICE was fixed but in the re-wiring, reverse camera was disconnected (fixed free of cost. But setting is now changed, it does not come on automatically during reverse - I have to manually change source to AV)
6. Fog lamp switch was not working (fixed free of cost, but then one of the fog lamps was not working. The mechanic quickly checked the wires and fault was a loose connection that he "temp fixed". However this stopped working again once I reached home.

Delivery timelines & Delivery Quality
- Initial timeline was promised to be between 5-7 days. But since a lot of new issues cropped up, it was further delayed. However the day kept getting postponed by 24 hours until I finally got the car 4 days later - but with above work that was left incomplete or was botched up
- Washing was good from the outside but the inside door lines were not touched

(C) Pricing:
Pricing is on the higher side compared to local mechanics, but lower than HASS rates.

Below is the item wise product & labor cost that came to a total bill of Rs.75,580

Parts
Front right strut -8300
Front left strut- 8500
Rear strut set -9850
Lower arm ball joint -3800
Tie rod end set -3100
Steering ball joint-3200
Lower arm bush set -2800
Front stabilizer link set-3200
Engine oil filter -350
Engine oil -980x5=4900
Front brake pad -4100
Alternator belt tensioner -5500
Front fender lining set -900x2-1800
Fender lining clip set -180
Key fob blank-740
Steering rack boot set-750
Battery -5960

Total parts - 62,930

Labor
Front suspension overhaul -3500
Rear shocks replacement -1700
Front brake pad replacement with caliper overhaul and disc opening fitting -750
Tune up-950
Engine oil change -350
Disc skimming -400
Bush pressing -200
Computerized key blank cutting-650
Coolant leak arresting -550
Complete audio rewiring -1200
Fender wheel lining fitting -450
Alignment -450

Total labor -11,150

Petrol-1500

(D) Overall:
I am happy with the way the car behaves post delivery 'so far', but the initial delivery with incomplete work kind of left a sour taste. There is still a lot of time to see if all the fixed parts last long enough or need replacement / repair sooner, that would be the real litmus test IMO.

(E) Will I use WagenWerkz again: Yes

p.s: Posting a picture of his Saki Naka workshop
Attached Thumbnails
"At Home" Maintenance, Repairs, Accessories etc. - WagenWerkz (Mumbai)-fullsizerender1.jpg  

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 21st October 2014 at 15:34.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 13:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
My Car is now back from Jatin, below is a brief account of my experience with WagenWerkz:

Steering rack boot set-750
Battery -5960

(E) Will I use WagenWerkz again: Yes

p.s: Posting a picture of his Saki Naka workshop
Hello There,

Can you please share the battery details i.e. brand, model etc?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks