Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2013, 09:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)

It seems there are two 3M outlets opened in Navi Mumbai. One at Palm Beach road somewhere around NRI complex but on the opposite side and one near City center mall. Any first hand reviews?

Planning to have a visit this weekend.
Old 19th July 2013, 11:01   #17
BHPian

No Pics, but I got my Swift underbody treatment done pre-monsoon, with the 2 year warranty coating for approx 2k, plus the interior antimicrobial treatment done (which cleans up the AC ducts) 3.5k-ish, and the outer body basic washing which was a few hundred ruppes. Will go for better outer body treatment post monsoon.

Service was excellent, I had fixed an appointment in advance, and the car was ready on time as well.

Plus picked up a micro fiber cloth for my interiors and a Meguiars anti odour spray for approx 700ish total.

Next step: Post monsoon, outer body polishing for both (or will it be 3) Maruti Suzuki cars, with a basic interior cleaning for the Ertiga as well.

A place I now recommend to anyone who looks for quality work. The costs are not very varied from the generic cleaner at the basement of Korum mall, but the work and - dedication to work - is much better.
Old 19th July 2013, 14:58   #18
BHPian

I would recommend this place. It's professionally run by Sheshadri, the proprietor.

I got two jobs done for my two cars:

1) 5 yr Under body coating and Paint sealant for my i20 for around 6.5K, and
2) Paint Sealant Advanced and Interior Germkleen Plus for my Santro for around 6.5K as well

Good job done on both with a lot of attention to detail. Especially regarding the under body coating, I would strongly recommend it as it has sound deading properties (the 5yr warrantly job and not the 2 yr warranty) and there's a perceptible difference in the cabin NVH especially on concrete roads.
Old 19th July 2013, 16:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that. Mr Sheshadri is indeed a affable guy. He arranged for an inspection for the under body anti rust coating provided by Fiat for my Punto and confirmed that the coating was of good quality and need not worry for atleast couple of years if not more.

I bought the 3M nomad mats from the shop and the job was professionally done by the guys. It took about couple of hrs to complete the fitting.

I had enquired for the paint sealant protection, but mr Sheshadri suggested to not get it done for a new car. He didnt push for any product from his store forcibly on any customer who visited the centre at that time.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 17:55   #20
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Mr. Sheshadri gave me a call yesterday informing me of a new offer. Advanced Paint Sealant and an Underbody Antirust coating with a 5 Year Warranty and get Rs.1000/- off on the combo base price. Thought the information could be helpful to others hence sharing.

Regards,
VVB
vvb8530 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 13:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Had an issue with the driver side 3M nomad mats which was going bald at one place, check the pic in the link of my ownership thread. Contacted Mr Sheshadri who assured me of a free replacment after inspection. Drove to the 3M centre and Mr Sheshadri prompty replaced the damaged one with spare. No uncomforatble questions asked, no hesitations by Sheshadri. A true gentleman. Over all a good experience.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3188277
Old 2nd October 2013, 15:32   #22
BHPian

what are the prices of the nomad mats. I am been quoted 6450 for Ertiga.
Old 8th October 2013, 18:50   #23
BHPian

Hi,

Got 3M treatment for my car and am happy with the outcome. Owner - Sheshadari is a through gentleman.

By the way some good news - 3M Thane is currently offering 10% off on its combo of treatments. There are basically 5 treatments that you have and you need to select 3 to get the offer. I chose the Nomat mats, Paint Sealant Essential and UB coating. I also got additionally Engine Treatment done. For before and after pic kindly go to the following link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3257135

The outcome of the treatment has been good and I am very much satisfied.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 13:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
No Pics, but I got my Swift underbody treatment done pre-monsoon, with the 2 year warranty coating for approx 2k, plus the interior antimicrobial treatment done (which cleans up the AC ducts) 3.5k-ish, and the outer body basic washing which was a few hundred ruppes. Will go for better outer body treatment post monsoon.

Service was excellent, I had fixed an appointment in advance, and the car was ready on time as well.

Plus picked up a micro fiber cloth for my interiors and a Meguiars anti odour spray for approx 700ish total.

Next step: Post monsoon, outer body polishing for both (or will it be 3) Maruti Suzuki cars, with a basic interior cleaning for the Ertiga as well.

A place I now recommend to anyone who looks for quality work. The costs are not very varied from the generic cleaner at the basement of Korum mall, but the work and - dedication to work - is much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Had an issue with the driver side 3M nomad mats which was going bald at one place, check the pic in the link of my ownership thread. Contacted Mr Sheshadri who assured me of a free replacment after inspection. Drove to the 3M centre and Mr Sheshadri prompty replaced the damaged one with spare. No uncomforatble questions asked, no hesitations by Sheshadri. A true gentleman. Over all a good experience.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3188277
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi,

Got 3M treatment for my car and am happy with the outcome. Owner - Sheshadari is a through gentleman.

By the way some good news - 3M Thane is currently offering 10% off on its combo of treatments. There are basically 5 treatments that you have and you need to select 3 to get the offer. I chose the Nomat mats, Paint Sealant Essential and UB coating. I also got additionally Engine Treatment done. For before and after pic kindly go to the following link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3257135

The outcome of the treatment has been good and I am very much satisfied.

Can someone help me with a direct contact number of Mr Sheshadri urgently? I left my Swift unused for the last 7 weeks and today find the interiors are full of fungus.

The headrests, backrest, steering grip, gear knob and cover below it, hand brake, and the pocket below the 2din system are coated in a layer of white fungus. I wasnt able to get inside the car to see any more areas covered with fungus.

I called up the number given on the bill immediately, the staff (some lady if you can describe her like that) refused to give the phone ahead and claims that it not their problem. She refused to give to phone ahead either, and did take my number, but I am still awaiting a call back for the last hour.

At present I cant even drive the car to their center considering the filthy condition inside, can any of the Thane/ Mulund guys help me with any other interior cleaner who can do a genuine antifungal job? I feel these guys just wiped over the interiors, made it look glossy and charged for anti microbial cleaning. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth no doubt.

I would also ask anyone reading this thread to ignore my earlier review above. While the exterior work is still good, avoid these guys for interiors completely.

Last edited by latentpotential : 19th October 2013 at 13:52.
Old 20th October 2013, 11:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help me with a direct contact number of Mr Sheshadri urgently?
Heres the direct contact of Mr Sheshadri 9987037747.

Its also mentioned in the first post.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ml#post3038184
Old 20th October 2013, 15:49   #26
BHPian

Happened to visit there yesterday to get my interiors cleaned. Also ended up getting nomad mats and removing my sunflims. I thought the guys doing the job were thorough and knew what they were doing inspite of a supervisor who I think is the only reason the overall experience was not nearly as good as i would have liked.
For instance, in his hurry to get another car finished, he wanted to move my car to the darkness outside at 7 pm to get sun films removed. It was only because the guy who actually does the job insisted that he cant do the job under poor light that my the films were removed inside.
Also i saw cockroaches running around the work bays - they need pest control urgently.
Seshadhri was I guess too busy to talk to his customers although there were probably 3 or 4 in total all day yesterday.
Altogether an average ( tending to poor) experience for the price if you compared to a say Autoshine in Kandivali.
Old 21st October 2013, 23:53   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help me with a direct contact number of Mr Sheshadri urgently? I left my Swift unused for the last 7 weeks and today find the interiors are full of fungus.

The headrests, backrest, steering grip, gear knob and cover below it, hand brake, and the pocket below the 2din system are coated in a layer of white fungus. I wasnt able to get inside the car to see any more areas covered with fungus.

I called up the number given on the bill immediately, the staff (some lady if you can describe her like that) refused to give the phone ahead and claims that it not their problem. She refused to give to phone ahead either, and did take my number, but I am still awaiting a call back for the last hour.

At present I cant even drive the car to their center considering the filthy condition inside, can any of the Thane/ Mulund guys help me with any other interior cleaner who can do a genuine antifungal job? I feel these guys just wiped over the interiors, made it look glossy and charged for anti microbial cleaning. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth no doubt.

I would also ask anyone reading this thread to ignore my earlier review above. While the exterior work is still good, avoid these guys for interiors completely.
Hey,

sorry to hear about what has happened to your car. Can you click snapshot and paste it here. It will help others too.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 22nd October 2013, 08:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,
About Fungus:
Similar case happened to my DZire as it was parked for 15 days. Ofcourse fungus was very less but it covered steering, gear lever, seats (artificial leather). I am suspecting this happened due to wet floor and kept as it is for 15 days.

About 3M @ Thane:
I visited there for enquiry. Mr Sheshadri is good person to ralk. I found detailing cost 5K+ is on higher side considering its onetime. OT- Also checked for front sunfilm as recently my windshield got replaced. They have only CR70 film which has 70% visibiliy whereas vkool has 94% visibily but higher price.

Hope your car in good condition now.
sameervg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 14:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend had visited Thane 3M care as wife happened to get a free foam wash coupon. Since the car was in pretty bad shape, decided to visit and give the Punto a much needed wash. Pics as below.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_145647.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_145651.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_145659.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_145720.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_152957.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_153518.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_153544.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_153908.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_154528.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_155302.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_155343.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_155351.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_155429.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_155437.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-20140131_155449.jpg  

ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 14:25   #30
BHPian

Can anybody tell me what is the Time-Frame after the purchase of a new car would one need to go for Car Detailing Interior & Exterior, considering that the car would be more of a weekend car and not a daily use car?

I am guessing, one would really not require to go for such detailing at least within the first 12-18 months from the date of purchase.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks