Team-BHP - Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/132366-car-detailing-3m-car-care-thane-mumbai.html)

Last week, me & GTO have a casual conversation about 3M and it's services when I mention that I would get a engine shield done soon. I knew 3 of their locations in Mumbai region, but still thought of searching up on google. Just dial showed up a result mentioning Thane (where I live). Called up on the number mentioned and got to know that the facility will be opening just after 2 days. What are the odds :D

Fixed up an appointment on their 1st working day. Slight delay in the operations, but that is not a big deal since everybody was new on the floor.

Address:
4, 5, 6 Landmark Building, Next to Axis bank, Louis Wadi, Eastern Express highway, Thane (W) - 400604.

Contact person:
B. S. Sheshadri (Franchisee) - +91 9987037747, 022 41229898

What I have got done from them:
Anti corrosion treatment (2 years warranty) & engine shield.

Pricing:
Medium to high. But i felt it was justified by the quality. Paid Rs. 3236.

Space:
4-5 cars can be taken inside at a time, max. Rest can be parked on the footpath outside the showroom. Best is to take an appointment prior to the visit.

My vehicle making it's way inside the brand new facility. Those who know Thane in detail, this 3M branch has actually replaced the Skoda showroom at Louis Wadi.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane.jpg

Services offered.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane001.jpg

Everything brand new, nothing sourced from an existing facility. Check out the balloons all over the place.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane002.jpg

Washing area, covered with drop down plastic curtains.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane003.jpg

Customer lounge - and products available for purchase. (1st floor)
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane004.jpg

My 2008 Hyundai Verna 1.6 xxi petrol. Vacuum cleaning before the wash.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane005.jpg

Vacuumed and brushed the floor / door pads as well.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane006.jpg

Verna ready for a bath.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane007.jpg

Engine bay being air-blown to remove dust.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane008.jpg

Cleaning the engine bay. I strictly instructed them to spray the least amount of water on the engine head. This avoids ignition coil malfunction due to water seepage. 3M cleaning solution sprayed and then cleaned with a sponge and brush.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane009.jpg

Shoe cleaning.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane010.jpg

All floor mats cleaned with the cleaning solution.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane011.jpg

Under body washed with the help of a lance.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane012.jpg

Merry Christmas :D
The foam wash and cleaning mentioned above was complimentary since I was their 1st customer ever.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane013.jpg

On the ramp and cleaned again before the anti corrosion treatment.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane014.jpg

How it looked before the treatment.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane015.jpg

Work in progress.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane017.jpg

The end result. I opted for the 2 year warranty product.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane016.jpg

How my engine bay looked before taking it to 3M.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane018.jpg

How it looked post the engine shield treatment.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane019.jpg

Footfall was brilliant for the 1st day. 4 cars already inside before the facility completed 4 hours of functioning.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane020.jpg

The bill : Rs. 3236. Lesser than your wife / girlfriend's salon bill.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane021.jpg

A small demo of the exterior detailing services. Look carefully to find a box patch which looks white and the rest (unpolished area) has lost the glossy look.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane022.jpg

5 years 1,00,000+ kms young.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane023.jpg

A look at the interiors.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-3m-car-care-thane024.jpg

Great thread, thanks for the recommendation. How I wish 3M opens shop soon in central / south Mumbai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrys (Post 3038184)
Footfall was brilliant for the 1st day. 4 cars already inside before the facility completed 4 hours of functioning.

Sounds like a good business to be in!

Quote:

5 years 1,00,000+ kms young.
Nice capture :thumbs up

Looks like I will now have to catch hold of Sheshadri (we stay in the same building) :D

I couldn't make it for the opening of the facility - a trip to Thane looms.

That's a huge facility - peace of mind rather - as the cars won't be too close to each other undergoing the treatment and the set up looks very professional.

I drove by this a few weeks ago and I was wondering about how it'll be... I guess I'm going to get an appointment!

Thanks!

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-image4077821099.jpg

My jetta getting the exterior superb. Takes time but very good at their work

So it was finally time for my 2010 Honda City to receive some long due TLC as i had been neglecting it for quite some time leaving it in the hands of drivers and cleaners.

Crossed the newly opened 3M Car Care in Thane one day, came back home, read about it on the forum and decided to go for it. Called up Mr. Sheshadri who was extremely courteous and gave me an appointment for the next day at noon. Although i live in Powai i had the option of going to 3M Andheri as well, however i have no regrets at all choosing 3M Thane.

So I took the City to 3M Thane the next day in a pretty dirty condition (no it was not on purpose, just a coincidence that it had not been cleaned for 2 days).

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-photo_17.jpg

Apologized to Mr. Sheshadri for bringing in the car that dirty but he was more than happy to consider it as a challenge. He explained the various services and packages available, they had 2 treatments for detailing the exteriors, one was the power shine and the other was the advanced something (sorry i cant remember the terminology), both the treatments being a 7 stage process and the only difference being the longevity of the shine, where in the power shine would last 5 to 6 months the advanced one would last 6 to 8 months. I went in for the former and decided to come back after 6 months for another session of detailing.

They showed me a small trailor of what i could expect in the end by marking a small square on the bonnet and applying all the 7 steps;

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-photo_18.jpg
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-photo_19.jpg
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-photo_20.jpg

For the interiors again there were 2 types of treatments wherein the only difference being that in the advanced they clean the AC vents and de-germ it or something. Here again I went in for the basic treatment.

Anyways I will try and let the pictures do the most of the talking from here on.

They started off with the interiors;

There were at least 3 to 4 guys dedicated to each car

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-photo_21.jpg

The head lining was cleaned with a soap solution

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-photo_22.jpg
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-photo_24.jpg

All the swithces and electronics were masked

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-photo_23.jpg

After the interiors were done, the car was moved to the washing bay. A thorough foam wash later it was time to work on the exteriors. Sorry i do not have any pics of the foam washing as i went out for lunch then. :D

All the glass area, plastics and trims were properly masked

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-photo_25.jpg

Now for some before and after pictures;

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-pic-1.jpg
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-pic-3.jpg
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-pic-2.jpg

The dirty scratches that are most visible on black were taken care off

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-pic-4.jpg

The swirl marks all gone.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-pic-5.jpg

The nail marks and scratches behind the door handle i find most irritating, even these guys were not very sure if they would be able to take care of it since the machine cannot reach there it would have to be done by hand, but i was more than happy with the results.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-pic-6.jpg

The alloys had become dull and dirty and i asked them to take special care of these and boy did they oblige. One dedicated guy must have spent at least 15 to 20 minutes per wheel

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-pic-7.jpg

The beige leather seats had become pale yellow which was restored back to its original colour and shine. There is notable difference even in the feel of the seats now.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-pic-8.jpg
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-pic-9.jpg

Even the door pads that had become dirty black and brown are now back to the original beige.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Thane, Mumbai)-pic-10.jpg

Trust me the bad quality pictures do not do justice at all to the actual shine that the car is now restored back to. All though the procedure was very time taking 6 hours to be precise, but the attention to the details was simply fabulous. The smoothness on the metal surface and on the leather seats is giving me a different high these days. Though one might call them a bit pricey but i found them totally worth it. Once in 6 months your car deserves this kind of love.

All in all i am a very satisfied customer, they have a fantastic team who are very professional and courteous. They have a nice lounge upstairs which ensured that i was well entertained with wifi and comfortable despite the sweltering heat outside for the 6 hours that i spent there.

Thank you for reading.

Regards,
VVB

Pictures are looking excellent, what was the cost involved?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabhkum (Post 3112649)
Pictures are looking excellent, what was the cost involved?

Hey Saurabh,

Thanks. Total spend was approx 6.5K including taxes.

VVB

I noticed the place last weekend while heading for the team-bhp meet and was surprised as I had never heard of a 3M place anywhere nearby.

Parrys and VVB8530, Thanks for the detailed pics and superb report. I would keep an eye on this thread for a few more good reports to come in. Based on that would utilize their services in future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 3112686)
I noticed the place last weekend while heading for the team-bhp meet and was surprised as I had never heard of a 3M place anywhere nearby.

Parrys and VVB8530, Thanks for the detailed pics and superb report. I would keep an eye on this thread for a few more good reports to come in. Based on that would utilize their services in future.

Hey SDP,

You should definitely give them a shot. Also they have the regular foam wash which is pretty reasonable I think 400 bucks. In case you live in Thane, you could use them for the regular weekly clean up rather than leaving your car in the hands of regular cleaners who leave behind swirl marks.

VVB

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvb8530 (Post 3112865)
Hey SDP,

You should definitely give them a shot. Also they have the regular foam wash which is pretty reasonable I think 400 bucks. In case you live in Thane, you could use them for the regular weekly clean up rather than leaving your car in the hands of regular cleaners who leave behind swirl marks.

VVB

I am planning to use their services possibly once or twice a year. Most likely for exterior detailing once a year, just to get the shine of the paint back.

As far as regular cleaning is concerned, the guy who cleans my Alto, I don't allow him to touch my XUV. I clean it myself, once a week. By the 3rd or the 4th day, it does become dusty and I feel a bit bad while driving. But I guess that's a compromise I can live with. I used to be liberal with Jopasu Duster earlier, but even that leaves a lot of micro-scartches. Dust I generally allow for a few days. I clean any bird-droppings as soon as possible. They tend to leave a stain.

Hopefully would be able to maintain the regour. If not, there is always 3M! ;)

This is reasonably conveniently located for me. I will try it out soon. Have seen the showroom while passing by. Somehow Skoda seems to have made a mistake of giving up this location. It is quite a visible spot vs the one they have moved to now which though bigger is bit hidden.

The rates mentioned do seem to be on the higher side but the method of work seen in the snaps seems to indicate quality and care. Will report after getting my work done. I guess they will charge that bit more for the Aria size.

The 3M center is a 5 minute drive from both my Home and Office, and I pass the 3M center at least once a day. This speaks volumes of my laziness to take the car here and get some TLC done. :D

That said, The Linea has gotten its fair share of scratches and I have been contemplating of getting the 3M treatment done. Looking at the pictures on this thread, I am convinced I will get this done.

Now, I only need to find a day when I have 4 hours to kill.

This center is not far away from where I reside(Mulund)! I would like to go for Teflon coating of my (relatively) New Ertiga So that there is lesser damage from Debris/Dust while driving on the Paint/Exterior!

Also want to check what all Coats/Protection I should Go for & Cost/Benefits involved!

I'm contemplating to do this at the earliest!