Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2013, 14:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bookmycab.com, Mumbai - For Black & Yellow / Cool Cabs

What is it: www.Bookmycab.com is a call center to book our regular Black and Yellow or Cool Cab Taxis. This is a"dorr to door" service at NO EXTRA COST. Pay by regular government approved Tariff (Meter) Only.

I wanted to go to Dadar Station from Malad at around 5:00am and was not sure whether I would get a cab to flag down. I happened to use bookmycab.com for booking a taxi in the morning and am happy with the service. I have used it couple of times more too. Malad to CST & Wadala IMAX to Cotton Green Station.

Model for Taximen:
  1. The Regular Taximen can register themselves at bookmycab.com
  2. Customers can call 6 1234567 and request a cool cab or regular cab.
  3. There is a one time registration cost the taximen pay (for GPS / Modules et all)
  4. Monthly fees of 3000/-
  5. Cabbies charge by Meter only. Meter engaged at customer's doorstep only
Model for Customers:
  1. Customers calls and provides pick up and drop locations.
  2. SMS recevied with booking number
  3. SMS recevied with Cab Reg Number and Mobile number
  4. Cabbie calls the customer and speaks
  5. Cabbie arrives at the stipulated time.
  6. Call center executive confirms that driver called and spoke about 30 mins / 1 hour before pickup.
  7. An "Executive" calls and asks for feedback
Advantages:
  • Choose your "model" of Taxi- I prefer Santro / Wagon R only. I would not prefer to use a Premier Padmini / Fiat / Indica. Meru Plus @ 25 rs per km, does NOT offer this facility. To me, this is the best thing .
  • No Refusals
  • Courteous Taximen and Clean Taxi (At least better maintained that flag down ones in my taxi experience)
  • No Waiting time for flagging down a taxi
  • Taxi at Door-Step
Disadvantages
  1. No Control on Meters - I had to reach Dadar at 6:00am, so i called for a cab at 5:05 am at Malad, to beat the 25% charge. Eventhough the clock showed 5:00 am, the taxi meter clock showed 4:40 am (20 mins slower than real time clock). I had to pick up my mother, so i was okay to leave at 5:20, but if ones wants to go to the airport / station to board flights/train one would be forced to pay night charges eventhough it is post 5:00 am.
  2. Drivers ask which route to take. We do not expect that on a "controlled" taxi
  3. They indirectly mention there is no Fiat in thier fleet but i noticed a fiat with a book my cab sticker on the doors. . Not sure if it was a con sticker (like the 4X4 sticker on a santro) or a geniune one
Will is use it again & Why: Yes I will use it again and everytime. One policy that i liked with these guys are that, they take complete responsibility on the taxis they run from accident and tariff perspective. In case of a dispute, passengers are requested to ask the taxi to stop and call the helpline (6 1234567) and someone would speak to the driver to resovle it amicably. They ask us NOT to pay before settling the dispute. Meru Plus does NOT take any responsibility even if a pregnant woman meets with an accident. No Extra charges for this service from cutomers perpective. There is a booking charge of 30 I guess for easy cabs hyderabad/Bangalore.

A typical day out for a bookmycab registered cabbie:
I used this service yesterday to drop my Mom at VT Station. This is a story from a cabbie. The cabbie belongs to Thane.
  • Thana to Borivali National park (brought a family for visit) 9:30-11:00am : 375 appx
  • Malad to CST (Dropped me at the staton) 11:20 - 12:45: 400 appx
  • Churchgate to Airoli (Was expecting an Airoli passenger)2:00-3:30: 550 appx. This cabbie has made 1325 + Tips in 6 hours, which is very good, considering the fact, no waiting / scouting etc. Guaranteed Long trips.
Other Interesting Points:
  • They pick up from All Railway stations (CST, LTT, Central etc)
  • They DO NOT Pick up at Airport owing to issues by airport taxis. however, a bookmycab taximan can join the regular que at the airport taxi and scout his passenger.
  • Bookmycab.com taxi can be flagged down and then one can update the call center that thier cab had been hired.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th April 2013 at 01:26. Reason: Edited on request.
scopriobharath is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 18:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Bookmycab.com, Mumbai - For Black & Yellow / Cool Cabs

Thread moved from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 14:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Bookmycab.com, Mumbai - For Black & Yellow / Cool Cabs

With the number of call cab service providers increasing i guess it was necessary for the Black and Yellow fleet to join in and not to be left behind.

As per the trariff card this is definitely cheaper than Meru. Whereas they are charging Rs.23 for first 1.5 KM, Meru charges Rs.27 for the first KM.

Rates post the mimimum fare are also higher for Meru.

Would definitely give it a try.

Thanks for sharing.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 15:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bookmycab.com, Mumbai - Flat Fee for Airports - Expensive

One Hidden Clause that i Noticed.

I wanted to go to Domestic Airport Santa Cruz from Malad East at 3:00 am. I asked for bookmycab.com, for which they said a "flat fee" of 250/- for a normal Black and yellow Taxi. I felt this is very high.

Malad to Domestic airport is approximately 11 kms. The cost as per Govt regulation / Meter should be 170/- . A Flag down taxi would charge only 170.

11kms X 15.50/km(night charge) = 170 appx

I finally managed to take TabCab which cost me 270/-. Tab cabs are Etioses, with boot and well maintained with AC. The most relevant - They operate on Meter anywhere.
Old 9th July 2013, 10:50   #5
BHPian

Re: Bookmycab.com, Mumbai - For Black & Yellow / Cool Cabs

Used the service recently, noticed they have a flat/fixed charge to airport and station drop elsewhere its according to meter. And they charge extra for luggage Rs 6 per baggage.

The service was good and on time, though sometime the drivers ph.no provided on the sms was wrong.

Will use it in the future.
Old 9th July 2013, 12:39   #6
BHPian

The only advantage seems to be the price difference, when compared to other fleet taxi services like Meru.

Once I had to get to the airport at short notice, and I gave these people a call. Thinking that black/yellow cabs were everywhere, I expected immediate service. However the earliest they could get a cab to my location was within 45 minutes, which wasn't suitable for me.

Over time if they can enroll more cab drivers into their fleet, this issue can probably be sorted out.
Old 9th July 2013, 22:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have only used Tab Cabs till now. Meru has always disappointed by not giving an assurance or by not fulfilling the booking. I had to call back on 2 occasions to know whether i would get a cab, they treat you as if we are at their mercy. Since that day till date, have used only TabCab.

TabCab has Nice clean cars, AC with boot space as was mentioned by another TBHPian. I generally use it to come back at night from my In-Laws place at Lower Parel to Goregaon. Usual tariff is 500 bucks.

I also make my wife take a tabcab rather than a rick or normal cab as i feel its safe as they are monitored by GPS.
Old 9th July 2013, 22:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Another incident of fleecing the customer but i overcame it

I had to drop my mother to VT Station and called them. They told me the flat rate from Malad East to VT is 486 for normal black and yellow taxi.. They operate on flat rate basis for Station & airport drop it seems. This is NOT legal as there is no govt rule for the same

I frankly told them I dont need it as flagdown will cost me only 380/- types. They offered a 10% discount, which i declined because even after which i am paying 60-80 more than a flagdown taxi.

I ultimately told them to mark drop location as VT Gate Taxi Stand / Fashion street instead of VT Station and got dropped.

The best part of all - the driver told they are not intimated of this flat rate but are directed to ferry by meter only.
Old 10th July 2013, 07:15   #9
BHPian

Hi all,

I used bookmycab service in April from thane to domestic airport and found to be good and reasonable.
I asked for AC Eeco coolcab being 4 adults and 3 children with bags for 7 days travel. They suggested for fixed fare for airports which cost me 530/- + toll. And yes they charge 6/- per bag if bag is big. Car was very well maintained considering coolcab and reached 15 mins before given time. Driver didn't ask for any tip. When asked he gave me handwritten bill. They have verity of non AC and AC cars. If I would have opted for meru or tab then I had to call for 2 cabs considering people and luggage. Private rental car would have charged me return fare as well. I felt bookmycab service better due to cost and area covered by them. This is long awaited service came into reality.
Next time also I will prefer bookmycab.

Cheers !
Old 10th July 2013, 13:14   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
They told me the flat rate from Malad East to VT is 486 for normal black and yellow taxi.. They operate on flat rate basis for Station & airport drop it seems. This is NOT legal as there is no govt rule for the same
Can u please add this in your first post under disadvantage. And do you know your post has been quoted under testimonials on their site !
ajay387 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 16:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
Can u please add this in your first post under disadvantage. And do you know your post has been quoted under testimonials on their site !
Thank you for pointing it out.

I will request Mods to edit the post. At the time this review was posted, this flat rate was NOT in place. this condition is in place only after 7th April. I have used bookmycab.com on 7th april from Malad to Dadar station and ferried on meter basis only.

The workaround is simple. To go to VT, mention drop location as Masjid bunder station / VT Taxi stand. To go to Dadar Station Mention TT Circle or "Kaboothar Khana" . Airport should be Hotel Ibis on Western Express Highway

Off Topic: Thier Pricing page does NOT mention about a fixed charge for Airport / station drop
http://www.bookmycab.com/FareDetails.htm

Last edited by scopriobharath : 10th July 2013 at 16:44.
Old 12th January 2014, 00:24   #12
BHPian

I recently tried using this service to book a trip to international terminal from dadar.They are very unprofessional in the sense that after having confirmed a booking it was a no show by the cab.On calling the helpline I was informed that no cab is available.Like all thing that start with a bang and slowly fizzle out I feel this too is a case in point.This was at 5.45 pm in the evening.Ended up missing the flight.Lesson learnt.Not recommended!
Old 12th January 2014, 06:16   #13
BHPian

Used their services yesterday to book a cab from Kandivali to the Intl Airport. I filled the booking form online at 4:30pm and got a call within 10 mins to confirm my booking and all the other details.

Got another confirmation call at 5:15pm and then got an SMS with the cab and cab driver details. I wanted the cab to arrive at 6:30pm and he arrived at 6:20pm.

Was surprised to see a regular silver Eeco cab with yellow plates instead of the usual black n yellow. The guy was courteous and he said that he drives for a call centre at night and sometimes does extra driving for bookmycab and such.

Overall, great service and I would definitely use it again. Tab Cab has ditched me twice until now and that too at the last moment.
Old 12th January 2014, 11:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Was surprised to see a regular silver Eeco cab with yellow plates instead of the usual black n yellow. The guy was courteous and he said that he drives for a call centre at night and sometimes does extra driving for bookmycab and such.
Dear Strangewizard - Did the yellow board eeco cab ply on meter ? the bookmycab black and yellow are supposed to ply on meter only, unless we book a 4 hr package or similar. Secondly, only black and yellows are supposed to have a meter. I think he would charged a flat fee based on 4 hrs 40 kms package. please confirm
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
I recently tried using this service to book a trip to international terminal from dadar.Ended up missing the flight.Lesson learnt.Not recommended!
Hey Octane - Dadar IS a taxi hub, meaning we cannot hail an auto in Dadar. If book my cab refused a taxi (driver details arrive 30 mins before), didn't you try a flag down cab option? Dadar to Airport is a Rs 200/- distance and most cabbies would accept the trip. I mean I sympathize with you for missing the flight but was there any reason why the flag down/Tabcab/Meru/Easycab option was not pursued ?

Even I have stopped using book my cabs - they have become unprofessional - Initially they used to guarantee Santros / wagon Rs but now they said whatever vehicle is available they would provide it

Last edited by scopriobharath : 12th January 2014 at 11:58.
Old 12th January 2014, 12:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

Hey Octane - Dadar IS a taxi hub, meaning we cannot hail an auto in Dadar. If book my cab refused a taxi (driver details arrive 30 mins before), didn't you try a flag down cab option? Dadar to Airport is a Rs 200/- distance and most cabbies would accept the trip. I mean I sympathize with you for missing the flight but was there any reason why the flag down/Tabcab/Meru/Easycab option was not pursued ?

Even I have stopped using book my cabs - they have become unprofessional - Initially they used to guarantee Santros / wagon Rs but now they said whatever vehicle is available they would provide it
The whole issue was that i was already on a tight schedule as I was supposed to be leaving for airport after client call and bookmycab was used after tabcab cancelled my initial booking.I did hail a regular cab anyways however it was the miscommunication that cost me dearly as bookmycab told me they were reverting in 10 minutes which stretched on to finally lamely saying it wiuld take half an hour more to send another one as nothing else was available immediately.Too many things happening on the same day,however they could have informed me beforehand.Maybe on another day this wouldnt have happened

Last edited by octane1002 : 12th January 2014 at 12:53.
octane1002 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks