Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2013, 17:02   #1
BHPian

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)

Having heard a lot about 3M, decided to drop in a visit at 3M. They have opened 2 outlets in Navi Mumbai. One near Seawoods and another near Palm Beach Galleria mall.

Fixed up an appointment one Saturday.

Address:
3M Car Care, Gala # 7, Satra Plaza, Next to Palmbeach Galleria Mall, Sector-19D, Vashi, Navi Mumbai-400703

Contact Person:
Mr. Bhavesh and Mr. Meeth Dharod - 022-27833355

I opted for their 2 year anti-corrosion treatment and interior Germkleen.

Total bill: Rs.3236 (Incl. taxes)

Experience:
I would rate the overall experience as "extremely satisfied". Entire work was handled in a very professional manner. Car was handled with extreme care even while moving within the workshop. Even the doors were properly closed, not banged like they do in local garages .
Owners were themselves monitoring all processes and if anything missed, was promptly attended. A very well customer oriented approach. They do show videos and pictures of various work done during inquiry. So one can know what exactly would be done.
Overall I would highly recommend this outlet!

Sorry for the poor quality of pics. Forgot to take my cam.

The outlet:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1495.jpg

Usual 3M lounge area:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1514.jpg

Workshop: Can accommodate 4-5 cars, rest can be parked outside
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1496.jpg

Car ready for Interior Germkleen:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1498.jpg

All electricals covered:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1500.jpg

5 to 6 dedicated people per car:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1504.jpg

Foam cleaning:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1505.jpg

Vacuuming the whole interiors:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1506.jpg

Seats were sprayed with some special solution and rubbed, cleaned and thoroughly vacuumed:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1507.jpg

Original fabric mats were cleaned with power air spray:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1509.jpg

Aftermarket rubber mats thoroughly cleaned with foam:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1510.jpg

Rear seats folded and cleaned in and out:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1511.jpg

Once Germkleen was done, car was washed before applying anti-corrosion:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1512.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1513.jpg

Ramped up for anti-corrosion:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1516.jpg

Good thing was, they covered the entire side with paper so that the solution is not sprayed out on other cars:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1517.jpg

Area above the wheel covered as well:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1519.jpg

Various packages offered:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1520.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1502.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-dsc_1501.jpg

From the above package list I am planning to put Matte finish racing stripes (2 stripes in center position) and also cover the ORVMs with Matte film. It's price is based on per sq. foot area.

I need help guys, my biggest confusion is, whether to go about black or white color stripes. Since I am planning to cover ORVMs and door handles also, I am slightly inclined towards black.

Some examples of white and black stripes on a red car:
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-sports_stripes_large.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-hrmred0024.jpg

Source: Google images

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 25th May 2013 at 17:16.
Dodge_Viper is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 17:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)

Thread moved from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 02:17   #3
BHPian

Re: Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post

I opted for their 2 year anti-corrosion treatment and interior Germkleen
Hi DV,
One quick question on the anti-corrosion treatment. The Warranty is applicable only at this particular center or is it valid in any 3M facility?

My suggestion on the stripes will be:
1: stripes shouldn't be too large or too small. So maybe little trial with local drawing sheet will give you an idea
2: stripes looks better if it is little off-center on passenger side, and not on dot middle.

Thanks
Arunshek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 16:12   #4
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

White too would be a good option on Red. Ask the 3M guys itself what would be the best option. Off center may look better possibly in the sample i10 style.

BTW we too have (my better half does) an i10 Sportz AT in the very same colour so am quite interested to check out how your attempt goes. Do keep us posted of what you decide. Maybe if I like it then a me too effort will be called for from my end.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 22:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would rate the overall experience as "extremely satisfied".
Hi Dodgeviper,

Good details and detailing for your car! I found the information useful and the pictures were apt. Thanks and am impressed with 3M facilities that have come up.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 21:11   #6
BHPian

Sorry for the delayed response guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunshek View Post
One quick question on the anti-corrosion treatment. The Warranty is applicable only at this particular center or is it valid in any 3M facility?
Arun, I checked up with them, they said warranty is valid at the same facility only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
White too would be a good option on Red. Ask the 3M guys itself what would be the best option. Off center may look better possibly in the sample i10 style.
Thanks ACM. Unfortunately the thought of stickers on car has some oppositions back home . So it's on hold right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Dodgeviper,

Good details and detailing for your car! I found the information useful and the pictures were apt. Thanks and am impressed with 3M facilities that have come up.
Thanks getsurya. Yes me too very well impressed with them.
Old 6th July 2013, 06:57   #7
BHPian

Taking the cue from Dodge Viper, I got my vehicle cleaned and polished at the 3M outlet in Vashi.

Must say that I have to give it up to the workforce that works out there, I personally liked the attention to detail and attitude . I would definitely recommend the place to the other members.

The owners I felt needed to be more convincing while selling and explaining the products. I loved the Seawoods 3M outlet that has shut down temporarily. The people who ran that place knew what they were talking about and would walk you through your vehicle and the various levels of care needed.

Overall, I feel 3M opening shop all over India has proved a boon to all motor vehicle enthusiasts, especially the ones who dote and love their possessions.

A picture of my vehicle at 3M Vashi post the pampering session and getting back into the rain and muck.

Taking the cue from Dodge Viper, I got my vehicle cleaned and polished at the 3M outlet in Vashi.

Must say that I have to give it up to the workforce that works out there, I personally liked the attention to detail and attitude . I would definitely recommend the place to the other members.

The owners I felt needed to be more convincing while selling and explaining the products. I loved the Seawoods 3M outlet that has shut down temporarily. The people who ran that place knew what they were talking about and would walk you through your vehicle and the various levels of care needed.

Overall, I feel 3M opening shop all over India has proved a boon to all motor vehicle enthusiasts, especially the ones who dote and love their possessions.

A picture of my vehicle at 3M Vashi post the pampering session and getting back into the rain and muck.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-image.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th July 2013 at 01:09. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
I-Chief is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 19:38   #8
BHPian

Team,

Have booked an appointment for the upcoming Saturday the 5th of October for an Exterior job ( Paint sealant and synthetic wax , at least this is what am being told ) which will set me back by Rs 5,025 excluding taxes .

Will post more updates after the job is done
Peter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 14:17   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Team,

Have booked an appointment for the upcoming Saturday the 5th of October for an Exterior job ( Paint sealant and synthetic wax , at least this is what am being told ) which will set me back by Rs 5,025 excluding taxes .

Will post more updates after the job is done
Hi Peter

How was the exterior job done? Please do share your experience with pics if possible. Me too planning to do a exterior+interior once this monsoon shuts down!

EDIT: Oops, it was 5th October! Missed that!

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 3rd October 2013 at 14:18.
Old 6th October 2013, 19:49   #10
BHPian

Team,

Got the car finally detailed at 3M Car Care at Vashi ... pics to start with.

The Wash process :

What I liked the most was the nozzle attachment that was used to wash the underbody of the car , did a good job

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0830.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0835.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0836.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0840.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0842.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0844.jpg

Pre treatment procedure :

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0846.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0847.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0849.jpg

Pics during the procedure : I know they are not much , some issues with my Phone cam during that time

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0853.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0854.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0858.jpg

Post completion of the Exterior treatment with Paint sealant : Job Done

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0859.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0860.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0861.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0862.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0864.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0865.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0866.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0869.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0872.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-imag0873.jpg

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th October 2013 at 10:14. Reason: Back to back posts.
Peter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 23:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

My XUV after some interior and exterior detailing at 3M Vashi -
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-img20131207wa0060.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-img20131207wa0062.jpg  

raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 12:44   #12
BHPian

Dear All,

Was working from home yesterday , hence the car was parked away in the stilt parking .. later in the evening the watchman came over to inform that the car has been scratched on the bonnet and the bumper , trembling with fear and expecting the worst I came down to see the damage ,

Seems that some kids had drawn on the bonnet with a stone , the sight was very disturbing and as to whether this damage could be fixed in the first place was a question running through my mind as I tried to take into the account the damage itself .

Anyways , first thought and action was to call up 3M Vashi . which I did and spoke to Mr Amit the gentleman incharge , he agreed to inspect the vehicle today

Reached Vashi early morning following which the team at 3M immediately started working on the hood , the results were excellent hence will let the pics do the talking .

I got a surprise when Mr Amit refused any payment for the services rendered and honestly this is the second instance in my life that I rememebr wherein someone has not charged me for the excellent services being provided
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-scratch-1.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-scratch-2.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-scratch-3.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-post-teatment-1.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-post-teatment-2.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-post-teatment-3.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-post-teatment-4.jpg  

Peter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 14:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
team at 3M immediately started working on the hood , the results were excellent hence will let the pics do the talking .

I got a surprise when Mr Amit refused any payment for the services rendered and honestly this is the second instance in my life that I rememebr wherein someone has not charged me for the excellent services being provided
Thats wonderful news. Kudos to Mr Amit for being the benevolent. Can you tell us how did the scratches come off and what was used by 3M? The gashes seem to be a little deep.

The after job pics seems to show no signs of the scratched at all. Thats brilliant.
Old 5th March 2014, 14:40   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thats wonderful news. Kudos to Mr Amit for being the benevolent. Can you tell us how did the scratches come off and what was used by 3M? The gashes seem to be a little deep.
Hmmm .. good question, from what I have noticed the compounds were similar to the ones used during my paint protection / sealant treatment done last year , not too sure as all the tubes used look almost the same , have to read the print to actually find out the composition or at least the name

Wish I could be of more help here
Old 16th March 2014, 18:37   #15
BHPian

Relied on this thread and i was not at all disappointed. My Liva had all tar spots all over the body, courtesy road work in my area.

All this day my 3M paint sealant was pending. So it was right time to get those removed. Today being a sunday called 3M at 11 am informed them i wanted to go for 3m paint sealant and asked if any vacant slots available they said get your car we will manage. Reached there at 12 i was greeted by Mr. Amar and was taken to their customer lounge and he explained me about AMC package. But i opted for Advanced 3m sealant.

Some WIP Pictures
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_123124.jpg
View from customer lounge
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_124135.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_125131.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_130118.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_125517.jpg
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140316_125517.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	1220182
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_132014.jpg
Removing tar spots
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_133910.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_133336.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_142233.jpg

After Treatment
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_160650.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_160702.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_160850.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_160916.jpg
Even while taking delivery from showroom, the surface was not this smooth. Thumps up for 3M
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_161017.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_161025.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_160903.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing - 3M Car Care (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-20140316_161040.jpg

Verdict
Overall extremely satisfied with the work quality and attention given by Mr. Amar is worth a mention, though being a sunday he was observing each and every car for perfection.

Damage done
Rs 5888/- with taxes. Charges are on expensive side.
driving_smartly is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks