Team-BHP - Detailing & Servicing with Pickup / Drop - DM Autoworks (Opera House, Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Detailing & Servicing with Pickup / Drop - DM Autoworks (Opera House, Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/138756-detailing-servicing-pickup-drop-dm-autoworks-opera-house-mumbai.html)

DM Motorworks - Servicing & Detailing under the same roof.

Products & Services:

1) Car Detailing Services
2) Car Servicing - Mechanical & Electrical
3) Will Pickup and Drop the vehicle

What I like:

A single Place Solution for both Servicing and Post Servicing Detailing. - Which is rare. Most Professional Detailers do not service vehicles and vice-versa.(Except Authorized Centre which charge a bomb for the Detailing and the ASS rates for Servicing)
Pricing of a Local Garage with the care of an Authorized Service Centre or a Branded Detailing outlet like 3M.
Products in detailing are all big brand names.
Services Luxury vehicles like the 3 Germans and will also help source/import parts for them directly at a much lower cost then at the authorized centre. (Claim of the guy running the outlet.) An Ideal place to go to when ones Lux Badge is out of warranty. Also services regular vehicles and niche ones like say the Toyota Camry which were not sold in high numbers. One could save a neat package there and this seems to be their core business.
The focus is on the work itself rather than other cosmetic / peripheral aspects.
Dev Doshi who runs the outfit is young and energetic, he collects and drops back the vehicle himself rather than assigning this to someone else.

What I don't like:

The work area by itself is a bit too basic with no customer seating area currently, the guy running it though did point to another unit and mention that he was creating a customer seating/meeting area there shortly. The rates are not dirt cheap but then the vehicle is getting picked up and dropped and it is a single stop outlet, besides the quality of work matched that of 3M (which I have used previously) more or less.
The Board for the outlet name was missing on the day I visited, but am informed that that too is being worked on soon.
Can take a max of 3 vehicles at a time currently.

Contact Information:

+91-7498112823, dm.autoworks8@gmail.com

DM Auto Works. Address- Garage No 19, Raghav Wadi, Under French Bridge, near Mamma Mia, Near Volkswagen Showroom, Opera House, Mumbai 400007. SOUTH MUMBAI - But is prepared to pick up vehicles from the Suburbs as well.

Rates: (As mentioned by him and noted down by me.)

1) Rs. 7500 - Large - All SUV's & MUV's & Luxury Brand Vehicles starting from the Superb/Accord onto to all the German offerings.

2) Rs. 6000 - Medium - All Sedans like the Honda City, VW Vento, VW Jetta, Toyota Corolla, Skoda Laura, Chevrolet Cruz, Ford, Fiesta, Etios Liva, Suzuki SX4, Suzuki Dzire etc.

3) Rs. 4500 - Small- All Hatchbacks like the Hyundai i10, i20, Suzuki A-Star, Suzuki Swift, Suzuki Ritz, Suzuki Wagon-R, VW Polo, Ford Figo, etc.
(Disclaimer - have mentioned vehicle names as per what I remembered and so these may not be 100% accurate)

He gives discounted rates if the customer takes an AMC which includes 3 services (don't know how much) and/or if the customer mentions he is from Team Bhp.

My Vehicle: Skoda Laura - I tend to get my vehicles detailed once a year and this time was given this detailer cum service guys contact from someone in office. The convenience of getting the vehicle picked up and dropped tempted me to try him out and since the guy (Dev Doshi) was referred to me I did not bother to go along to the service centre itself first as I normally would have done.

I had actually already put up my Laura up for Sale on various sites so it did not make for good sense for me to spend too much money on getting it detailed at this point of time and the Idea was to get it looking good for a sale. So though a servicing too is due right now I did not avail of that service and will let the next owner do this to his satisfaction as that is what every new owner for a preworshipped vehicle does first on buying a vehicle. I availed of the TBHP discount. I had also mentioned that I would put up a detailed review if I liked the work. (Anyways contribution to this section of TBHP was pending on my side.) The discounted bill for me worked out to Rs. 5000. So this work is more or less a farewell gift to my Laura - a steady companion of many years. Of course it is still very much with me till someone gives me an appropriate offer.

What I got Done:
Total Detailing which Included:
Cleaning the car with a liquid which cleans & waxes.
Interior including the trunk being Vacuumed.
Cleaning the seats with a leather cleaning solution, then moisturising it & then finally applying a protection gel.
The Dried Exterior is next coated with a polymer & left for about an 30 mins following which two layers of liquid wax were applied.
Headlights cleaning (exterior glass) with a headlight cleaning cream to bring back the original sheen.
Engine detailing with a spray.
Tyres & Alloys cleaning.
Dashboard and the Door trims polishing.

The above details are a straight "quote" of the detailing guy since I did not stand by for the work being done. I had my vehicle collected from the Nariman Point Office Parking and Dropped back there, post which I accompanied the detailer to his workshop and service area to take a few snaps and know where exactly it was located (more or less below the French Bridge in the Opera House area.)

I liked the overall work and the extent of detailing done was infact more that what I was informed earlier so that pleased me further. Dev also on his own initiative got the Tyre Pressure checked and lowered slightly to give the vehicle a softer ride on the way back for the service centre and that indeed has made a difference in the ride quality. It was a tyre pressure value of 29 (single person) that I had never tried on the Laura. I guess that is the advantage one gets when one is getting the vehicle detailed with a guy who also services vehicles. On that day there was a Toyota Camry at his outlet getting some work done - took it's snaps too.

Pls find below some snaps taken in the morning just before the Laura was sent for detailing. Of course this was post a 45 kms drive from Thane to Nariman Point so the car was a bit dirty on the outside quite unintentionally.

The last snap is of a Camry that was being serviced at that outlet when I dropped in to check it out in the evening.

Will paste the snaps post the detailing in the next post. Do check out the gear knob leather which had become a bit brownish and some dirt marks on the LHF front door inside trim.

These are the snaps taken in the evening after the Laura was detailed. Do note the snap of droplets forming in irregular shape on the roof, the gear knob which regained the original colour, the polished Dashboard, the LFS front door inside trim - now cleaned. Also one of the snaps of the front seats taken from the LHS Door side has the seat on the left cleaned and the one on the right (driver seat) still pending cleaning / polishing.

The vehicle was given back exactly on time though that day being a working day the work load was probably low.

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Directory Section. Thanks for sharing!