Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2016, 16:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
It was nice to meet you too. I was surprised when you told me your car is 9 years old when i thought it was just a 2-3 year old car. Your Fiesta is well maintained. Keep it up
Thanks. It is 7 years (2009 July bought). I take personal efforts to clean and polish it, and get my stuff from USA during my business trips. Occasionally, I have also tried 3M (at Pune) and they are really good on what they do.
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 22:44   #32
BHPian

After a long hiatus of no work needed, got work done on the i10 and fortuner from Devabhai. i10 had a kat kat noise which dealership and internet said, came from steering column and was driving me mad for a while. After a day of debugging on bad roads and good roads it came down to a suspension bush which was much lighter on pocket than a steering rack overhaul or change the dealership had pushed for. Other work done was routine oil change and spark plug removal an replacement. Car runs like new.

Fortuner got a suspension upgrade (springs and shocks I had procured) and change of front suspension bushes, tie rods and ball joints (caused by trails and mountain trips as well as clocking over a lakh km).
He advised to use OEM parts for the tfort (as opposed to the hyundai) given my driving patterns. (Aftermarket Thailand ones were 50 percent of the cost). Has a tie up with the toyota dealership next door for sourcing and sends to a lathe guy for installing bushes when needed. Did not change rear bushes as he said they were fine. All done and tested and car rides like new.
(did have to chase to get the fortuner to him to begin work since he was backed up, but once started, went like clockwork)

Overall very happy and the main reason for going to him for the suspension job is that i can trust him to put the right and new parts in as opposed to an opaque dealership who sometimes cant be trusted to change oil. Not as sophisticated and gleaming like a dealership but trustworthy and with an innate sense of debugging and remedial next steps. I also realised i like hanging around and learning watching the action in his garage.
genesis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 07:21   #33
BHPian

Got my i10 ATF replaced, filter replaced and engine oil filled with Devabhai. Had taken all the requisite fluids with me. Got charged 220 bucks for the same including the cost of the OE filter which he procured. I gave him 250 and he gave me the change back. A++.

I shifted houses recently and live 5 minutes away from him - found my FNG at last!
d_himan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2018, 19:57   #34
BHPian

Looking forward to get my VW Passats AT(diesel) Dual mass flywheel changed. Will Devabhai be able to carry out this job? I have been informed this job is not easy. Need your suggestion guys.
Old 9th July 2018, 18:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Looking forward to get my VW Passats AT(diesel) Dual mass flywheel changed. Will Devabhai be able to carry out this job? I have been informed this job is not easy. Need your suggestion guys.
He seems really backlogged these days (my jeep has been there for a while getting delayed by the rains). If its a tricky job and involves reprogramming (am not sure), I would go elsewhere right now. As much as I am a huge fan and he services all my cars. Germans are a whole different kettle of fish.
genesis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 19:15   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
He seems really backlogged these days (my jeep has been there for a while getting delayed by the rains). If its a tricky job and involves reprogramming (am not sure), I would go elsewhere right now. As much as I am a huge fan and he services all my cars. Germans are a whole different kettle of fish.
Dont think reprogramming or anything of that sort is needed. Spoke to him an hour back. I told him I am not in any rush and rather shall wait for even this monsoon pass. But did tell him that i shall show him the car once to better understand what the problem is.

Meanwhile is there any other competent guy/garage in Mumbai who can handle such tasks?
Old 20th July 2018, 21:39   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Dont think reprogramming or anything of that sort is needed. Spoke to him an hour back. I told him I am not in any rush and rather shall wait for even this monsoon pass. But did tell him that i shall show him the car once to better understand what the problem is.

Meanwhile is there any other competent guy/garage in Mumbai who can handle such tasks?
Hi Prash, let me know if you find one. I want to get my Shocks changed and have been looking for someone who can do a competent job of both diagnosis and repair.
Old 20th July 2018, 21:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annibaddh View Post
Hi Prash, let me know if you find one. I want to get my Shocks changed and have been looking for someone who can do a competent job of both diagnosis and repair.
Hello

Still not found any, but will let u know if I come across someone good.
Old 19th June 2019, 15:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

5 star ratings to Deva bhai!
I got stuck in Chembur with a Jeep which was idle for few months. We put extra fuel, pumped diesel, tried to push start it and few more antics but we failed.
It was already 8:30 PM when i contacted him and asked for his help through Bhpian Genesis. He had already closed his garage and was on his way back home. When he heard that I have to go to Pune with the jeep in the night, he came to my place in 30 mins, resolved the issue in 5 minutes.
Best part was his calm demeanor and empathetic behavior!

You dont get to see such people these days.
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 10:47   #40
BHPian

Is the workshop still there? Someone told me that he has moved to some other place in Govandi.
Old 27th January 2024, 16:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
I shifted houses recently and live 5 minutes away from him - found my FNG at last!
Is the garage still open or has moved to some other location? Google map says it has temporarily closed.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks