Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Old 20th December 2016, 16:50   #31
BHPian

Smile Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
It was nice to meet you too. I was surprised when you told me your car is 9 years old when i thought it was just a 2-3 year old car. Your Fiesta is well maintained. Keep it up
Thanks. It is 7 years (2009 July bought). I take personal efforts to clean and polish it, and get my stuff from USA during my business trips. Occasionally, I have also tried 3M (at Pune) and they are really good on what they do.
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2017, 22:44   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

After a long hiatus of no work needed, got work done on the i10 and fortuner from Devabhai. i10 had a kat kat noise which dealership and internet said, came from steering column and was driving me mad for a while. After a day of debugging on bad roads and good roads it came down to a suspension bush which was much lighter on pocket than a steering rack overhaul or change the dealership had pushed for. Other work done was routine oil change and spark plug removal an replacement. Car runs like new.

Fortuner got a suspension upgrade (springs and shocks I had procured) and change of front suspension bushes, tie rods and ball joints (caused by trails and mountain trips as well as clocking over a lakh km).
He advised to use OEM parts for the tfort (as opposed to the hyundai) given my driving patterns. (Aftermarket Thailand ones were 50 percent of the cost). Has a tie up with the toyota dealership next door for sourcing and sends to a lathe guy for installing bushes when needed. Did not change rear bushes as he said they were fine. All done and tested and car rides like new.
(did have to chase to get the fortuner to him to begin work since he was backed up, but once started, went like clockwork)

Overall very happy and the main reason for going to him for the suspension job is that i can trust him to put the right and new parts in as opposed to an opaque dealership who sometimes cant be trusted to change oil. Not as sophisticated and gleaming like a dealership but trustworthy and with an innate sense of debugging and remedial next steps. I also realised i like hanging around and learning watching the action in his garage.
genesis is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 07:21   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Repairs, Service & Maintenance - Devabhai (Chembur, Mumbai)

Got my i10 ATF replaced, filter replaced and engine oil filled with Devabhai. Had taken all the requisite fluids with me. Got charged 220 bucks for the same including the cost of the OE filter which he procured. I gave him 250 and he gave me the change back. A++.

I shifted houses recently and live 5 minutes away from him - found my FNG at last!
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote