Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2013, 12:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Used Car Dealer - Karmax (Andheri W, Mumbai)

Products sold:
  • All types of used cars.
Services offered:
  • Buying and selling of used cars along with their transfer in the name of the new owner, finance and insurance.
What I like:
  • They mostly stock clean cars with low odometer reading, which is free from major accidents.
  • They claim to do a complete health check up on the cars before showing it to us.
  • They give a sealed certificate ensuring that the odometer has not been tampered with and the car is accident free.
  • They keep the entire service history of the car.
  • Mr. Narendra is a honest person to deal with, he is very blunt and upfront about upcoming issues, if any.
  • They also help you with transferring the car in your name and getting an insurance cover. Narendra got me a very good deal on insurance for my car.
  • They are not the usual roadside dealers - the cars are safely parked inside a residential complex.
  • Once the car is sold and till the formalities are completed, all online advertisements about the car is removed, the odo reading is noted and the the car is covered, so that it is not used anymore.
  • He gives you a follow up/feedback call after some days to know how the car is doing.
What I don't like:
  • They are a bit firm on the pricing and not willing to bargain too much.
  • I paid a small premium for my car (compared to other similar cars in the market), which I accepted because the car was in a great condition.
Pricing: They quote a reasonable price. However, do not expect a heavy bargain, like other dealers.

Specialty/USP: None in particular. Just a honest used car dealer.

What I have bought from him: A used Honda Civic V A/T.

Contact Information:

- Name of the contact person: Narendra
- Phone numbers: 26351070/26351071/9820193544
- Postal Address: B4- Saurabh Chs, Vaswani Road, 7 Bunglows Andheri west, Near 7 Bunglows Bus Depot, behind Avinash Tower, Mumbai 400053
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Search for 'Mango Mall, Andheri West' in Google maps. This is in the lane next to the mall. Or just type 'Karmax'!
- Email / Website : http://www.karmaxcars.com/index.asp
- Google Map:
Attached Thumbnails
Used Car Dealer - Karmax (Andheri W, Mumbai)-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by raj_5004 : 14th October 2013 at 12:51.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 12:58   #2
BHPian

re: Used Car Dealer - Karmax (Andheri W, Mumbai)

Not sure if the name karmax was inspired from carmax in USA which is used car buying and selling chain of stores. They offer a no-haggle price for both buying and selling. I sold my car to them when i was returing from US more than 10 years back.
altius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 16:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Car Dealer - Karmax (Andheri W, Mumbai)

Can you provide information about the used Civic bought?? This will help us understand the deal better.

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th October 2013, 16:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Just had a look at their website. The inventory of used cars seems to be a little on the lower side (which could also be a sign of the quick turnover of cars).

The cars displayed looks visually appealing. Extensive high quality photographs have been uploaded. Most of the cars have less than 50K on the ODO.

I couldn't find hatchbacks like i10 in the inventory which is usually a hot favorite in the used car market.
Old 14th October 2013, 17:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Can you provide information about the used Civic bought?? This will help us understand the deal better.

Thanks in advance.
Sure.

Car: Civic V A/T (Nov 2010)
Colour: Tafeta White
Odo reading: Approx 28000 kms
Condition: Pristine

Price: 7.75 Lacs
Old 18th March 2014, 19:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Since I mentioned a lot of good things about Narendra and Karmax, I am obliged to state a poor experience with Karmax as well -

The RC card of my Civic did not arrive till about 3 months. When I contacted Narendra, he asked me to wait for 2 more weeks. Upon regularly contacting him further, I always got excuses and fake promises that my RC card would reach me soon.

Finally, since I was in a hurry to get the RC card, I had to go to a private RTO agent, pay him extra money out of my pocket. That is when I realized the RTO agent which Narendra/Karmax uses goofed up something in the process and my RC card was stuck in the RTO because of some 'KMS' issue. This new agent released it in a jiffy and I got the card within a week after that.

I feel I have the right to crib about this because I paid Narendra INR 8000/- to transfer the car in my name, which includes delivering the new RC card to me. Now, that is no small amount. Infact it's a premium. I have bought another used car after that from another dealer and I got this same thing done for INR 4500/- and the RC card reached me without trouble under 2 months.

So, I believe if Narendra/Karmax is charging a premium for his services, they should live upto it. If Karmax had done their job well, I would not have to go through this new ordeal and pay excess money.

Overall, this is not to say that 'Karmax' is a bad dealer. The positives still remain, now I have just highlighted one negative experience of mine.
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 11:35   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Since I mentioned a lot of good things about Narendra and Karmax, I am obliged to state a poor experience with Karmax as well -

Hi Raj, good to see the balanced view and thanks for the report. Can you share who was the other dealer you bought your next ride from and what was that experience like?

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by SDP : 5th September 2016 at 18:34. Reason: Snipping quoted post
Old 5th September 2016, 12:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
Hi Raj, good to see the balanced view and thanks for the report. Can you share who was the other dealer you bought your next ride from and what was that experience like?
I am sorry that I forgot the dealer's name but it was a used TATA Sumo for our company.

The experience was satisfactory, there is pretty much nothing you expect from used car dealers except that they give you a decent car for a fair price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks