Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2013, 21:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)

After hearing some Rave Reviews from BHPian Superbee (Raghav), a group of BHPians decided to checkout Motoshines and see how they fare.

Address: Ground Floor, H. Kantilal Compound,
Opp. Logitech Park, Andheri Kurla Road,
Saki Naka, Andheri (East).
Mumbai - 400 072

Telephone: 022 - 2857 00 44

Email: contact@motoshines.com

Website - www.motoshines.com

Contact Person - Rugved / Hemant

Work Done - Exterior Detailing

Experience: Good

Raghav and I decided to get our our cars to Motoshines on 7th Dec to get it detailed. Raghav went for a full Interior / Exterior Detailing on his Swift while i went for only Exterior Detailing.

Work done was good. This was the first time i had got my car detailed. Staff is very courteous and polite. Rugved was not in town however he made sure he answered all my queries over the phone. Hemant was in charge of everything when we went over there. The team did a brilliant job of restoring the glossy paint on my car. Attention to detail is good but can be better.

They have space to accomodate 4 cars at one time.

We had a TBHP Mini Meet that day and all the 4 slots were filled with TBHPians cars as VVB8530 who had got his Honda City detailed the previous week came to meet us and got an exterior steam wash done. The Shenoy Brothers also came in with their Estillo and got the Steam Wash done.

Both of them were very happy with the results.

Raghav has been a regular customer who actually suggested Motoshines to us. I was also very happy and satisfied with the results.

Costs are slightly lower as compared to 3M. I paid 3300 inclusive of taxes with Exterior Detailing, Basic Interior Cleaning and a complimentary Ozone treatment to all of us present that day.

Overall Verdict - Recommended.

Now for some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-comparo1.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-comparo2.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-comparo3.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-comparo4.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-comparo5.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-final-shine.jpg  

Desmosedici is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 22:18   #2
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)

Thanks Desmosedici!

Would check them out soon.
Looking at the pics of your Gypsy and after seeing Superbee's Swift 2 days back, I am pretty convinced that they do a good job.
Old 11th December 2013, 12:04   #3
BHPian

re: Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
After hearing some Rave Reviews from BHPian Superbee (Raghav), a group of BHPians decided to checkout Motoshines and see how they fare.

They have space to accomodate 4 cars at one time.

Costs are slightly lower as compared to 3M. I paid 3300 inclusive of taxes with Exterior Detailing, Basic Interior Cleaning and a complimentary Ozone treatment to all of us present that day.
Mate, probably I should blame it to the photographs. The result does not look that impressive as we've been watching here under detailing threads from self-made detaiors. Specially, when you spent over 3K all for exterior detailing.
Old 11th December 2013, 12:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post

Mate, probably I should blame it to the photographs. The result does not look that impressive as we've been watching here under detailing threads from self-made detaiors. Specially, when you spent over 3K all for exterior detailing.
Mobile Cam pics compressed so won't look that impressive. Wait for Arun to update the pics clicked with his DSLR, maybe that would give you a better idea.
Old 13th December 2013, 10:25   #5
BHPian

Re: Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Mobile Cam pics compressed so won't look that impressive. Wait for Arun to update the pics clicked with his DSLR, maybe that would give you a better idea.
If you would've told me, I'd have clicked more shots of the car being detailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Mate, probably I should blame it to the photographs. The result does not look that impressive as we've been watching here under detailing threads from self-made detaiors.
Please do blame it on the photographs.

Attention to detail was amazing. Especially with the Gypsy. Dial in the fact that the car hadn't seen a proper detailing session in years, the task at hand for Motoshines was enormous. I'm glad they've pulled it off. Kudos to them.

Some WIP pics:

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_0762.jpg
Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_0769.jpg
Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_0780.jpg

These two particular pics should tell you what a magnificent job Motoshines has done.

Before:
Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_0764.jpg

After:
Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_0834.jpg

Clean enough? I think yes! Attaching a pic of the Gypsy in it's not so natural habitat.

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_0906.jpg

Cheers!
Cartman

Last edited by Cartman : 13th December 2013 at 10:32.
Cartman is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 02:13   #6
BHPian

I know i am a little late with my review of Motoshine, but here goes;

So i went to Motoshine a weekend before Desmo, Superbee and Cartman took their cars. I had got interior and exterior detailing done by 3M 6 months back so initially just wanted to try out exterior detailing with these guys. Spoke to Rugved the owner over the phone and he offered me a good deal, exterior detailing platinum package with an interior anti fungal treatment for 3100/- all inclusive. Well i was happy with the pricing as it was atleast 1500/- less than what 3M charges.

Few mobile camera pics for the WIP as well as final outcome;

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1699.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1703.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1705.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1710.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_2086.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1715.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_2085.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1719.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1720.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1718.jpg

The quality of pictures do not justify the outcome and i was one very satisfied customer.

Based on my experience with 3M earlier i would rate motoshine better mainly on the level of attention to detail as well as value for money. They removed number plates and cleaned the back side and used brushes to clean hard to reach places as well as remove hard water marks. I was most happy with the amount of attention that they paid to the alloys and the outcome was outstanding.
vvb8530 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 02:40   #7
BHPian

Next weekend Raj (Desmo) calls me and tells me that he is at Motoshine getting his Gypsy detalied and I promise to drop by to meet him. I reach at 2pm and see Raghav (Superbee) getting an exterior and interior detailing done for his Swift and the Shenoy Brothers (AdiShenoy and Cartman) getting a steam wash done for their Estilo. Now my car had not been cleaned for a week after the detailing session, so I get tempted seeing all the other cars getting beauty treatments and my car looking dirty and feeling left out so opt for a steam wash.

The best part they charge 400/- all inclusive for a steam wash and spend almost 3 hours cleaning the car with complete attention to detail again. Now that is some serious value for money, i mean a local garage charges 300/- for a 10 minute pressure job wash.

Some random pics;

All 4 Team BHP cars

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_2038.jpg

The boys goofing around in the lounge. From L to R: Raj (Desmo), Arun (Cartman), Aman (AmanSanc - Well he is dragged along for any sort of meet that happens), Aditya (Adishenoy) and Raghav (Superbee)

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_2041.jpg

A mini photoshoot later with Aruns new DSLR and we find out Arun sure did have a hidden talent;

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_2045.jpg

And there goes my detailing for a toss , hand prints all over the car, had to spend another 15mins with a microfiber towel to get them off. Our freindly neighborhood Bhpian Akshay joins in as well.

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_2046.jpg

Hence Motoshine at Sakinaka, Mumbai highly recommended for their attention to detail and wait did i mention value for money .

Regards,
VVB

Last edited by vvb8530 : 15th December 2013 at 02:42.
vvb8530 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 21:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

I'll keep this short.

I had some tough spots in my Jetta's paint, and it was just a month old. This perturbed me as I knew the paint didn't feel normal. I had waxed it and the car looked great, but it just felt...oddly bumpy.

I called up motoshines because the reviews are great and it's close to my home/office. I gave it in for a paint sealant treatment, to be redone after 6 months, because Rugved said it would 100% restore my car with its slick finish. I left the car in the afternoon and returned by evening and the results were staggeringly good. The attention to detail was fantastic, and as a courtesy the dashboard was cleaned and the interiors were vaccumed. I walked in and they had taken the mats out and were vacuuming that separately, and all in all I was very pleased with the work done. It was flawless, everything I expected it to be and more.

Damages were 6500 for glazing and subsequent paint sealant treatment for the Jetta. I also picked up meguiar's quick wax on his recommendation. The glazing was vital since apparently some flecks of paint/primer had settled into the car and that's what was giving the car it's rough feel. Paint sealant alone would have cost me 3800 plus service taxes.

Highly recommended, and I would have returned even if I didn't have to go back for a second paint sealant treatment. Do check them out if you need VFM, high quality car detailing done.
Old 22nd March 2014, 13:59   #9
BHPian

My review on Motoshine:

Car: Skoda Laura: 2 years old

Paint Quality Prior Work: The paint quality was average; There were a number of hairline scratches and tiny paint spots all over due to building paint work.

Called Motoshine yesterday for an appointment and opted for the Diamond Package. I got a deal for rs3,000 by Mr. Sanket, which is far lower than 3M & Kamyo, I seriously don’t understand why others charge 5-6k for medium cars, its just not worth it. I was told that It would take 3 hours.

Driver reached by 1 work should’ve finished by 4 max 5pm but it didn’t. It took DOUBLE the time; the car was finally done by 7.30pm.

Negatives:
- No one at informed me that it would take extra time. I had to call up Sanket asking him about the progress. My dad had to leave office in evening he called them up and lost his cool. One of the owners apologized and was kind enough to lend his car to drop dad home and then my driver would take the car back to Sakinaka. One SHOULD always inform the owner if there is a delay. This is where I was seriously pissed off. My driver told me that the first few hours’ only one person was working on the car!!
- Despite of opting for the Exterior diamond package, which included car wash, the alloys WEREN’T cleaned at all!

Positives:
- Price & Price only.
- Quality of work, shine is fantastic.

I would definitely recommend motoshine but will caution everyone about the time it would take. But end of the day I am a happy customer!

Attaching Some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-photo-220314-11-23-06.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-photo-220314-11-22-30.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-photo-220314-11-25-45.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-photo-220314-11-26-48.jpg  

Last edited by Y@SH : 22nd March 2014 at 14:05.
Y@SH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 14:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ah, so it was your Laura there yesterday! When I mentioned that I stumbled upon them via team BHP, Rugved pointed out your car and said it's also a BHPian's.

Your driver and I were watching the end overs of the India Pakistan game as the work on our cars were finished and yeah, the Laura looked stunning after Motoshines was finished.

See ya. Viao
Old 8th April 2014, 08:16   #11
BHPian

Hi

Has any tried the motoshine at worli If so what has been the experience and who is the contact person. Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 09:55   #12
BHPian

After reading the reviews before and after pics of car, i am too tempted for getting my car done too. Will book a time some weekend and try to capture before and after pics hopefully to be shared here.
Old 8th June 2014, 01:33   #13
BHPian

So, our building is getting a new look. The painters decided to give my white Vento a new look too. Car was parked in a covered garage, and they were painting the flats above. With the wind droplets of paint came over the front of my car, from bumper all the way till the windshield. Was reading up various reviews of car detailing here on team-bhp, and was considering Kamyo, since they had door step service. Now waiting for the painting to complete in the building but it was taking just forever.
Was at Kalisah Parbat for dinner and saw motoshines open at 8pm. Walked in to try my luck. Met Rugved and Hemant. Rugved had a look at my car in the car but could feel most of the paint. Assured me all of it on the body and glass would go but did not garauntee anything about the bumper (the chrome and black plastic portion.) Agreed to take in my car at 11am on 1st June, and said it would take the entire day. Gave an estimate of just under 8K. Approx 5.5 K for the platinum package of interior and exterior detailing, 1.5 K for paint removal from the body, and 1K for paint removal from the glass. I was in no hurry and asked him to take him time with the car, and make sure he did a good job. Decided to go ahead with them since they are just a couple of kms from home, and I felt leaving the car at their work space would give them access to all what they need to get the paint off. I did mention to them that I had read their review on team-bhp and that I was also considering kamyo.
7pm on Sunday I got a call that they needed to keep the car overnight since they had not completed the job. I was ok. Car would be ready by noon on Monday but I would not be able to pick up until evening. Picked up the car in the evening, very happy with the work they had done. All paint gone from every where. I did not bother seeing anything else. And it was 830pm by the time I got there and I had my 2.5 yr old in my arms. Paid the bill for about Rs. 7.8K got a and skid mat for the dashboard as a gift and I drove back my car happy.
Sorry no before and after pics. had my kid both times, Rugved mentioned they would click some pics, will check if they did and I can upload them here.
I would strongly recommend motoshines. My first experience of car detailing.
kmadhok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 19:06   #14
BHPian

Hi peeps,

So I've been going to Motoshines for the past year with my Polo. I go pretty mush every month just to get the exteriors steam washed and the interiors vacuumed. Seeing as my car cleaner is rather flaky, doesn't do a great job washing the car and neither does he clean the car from the inside.

I've also gotten my car waxed and polished from them a couple of times. The first time was just three months after I bought the car and I was smart enough to park the car near (not in front of, but near) an under construction building. When I got back to the car about 5 hours later, the bonnet as well as the windshield had specks (very, very minute ones) of cement.

Coincidentally, I had seen the review of Motoshines just a couple of days before this incident. So I rushed to them almost immediately. When I reached, Hemant assessed the damage and got his team to work.
The team worked efficiently, and thoroughly and in a couple of hours the car looked better than it did when it was straight out of the showroom.

The best part about this place is that Hemant and Rugved carefully look over the car after the work is done and don't allow you to look at it with them. Only if they are satisfied with the work and don't spot any inconsistencies, then they ask you to look over it with them.

The last polish was a couple of weeks back when I got a Platinum interior and exterior job done to a (very) dirty car. I was travelling in the rain for about a week and the car hadn't been cleaned at all. Honest to God, when it was done, the car looked better than it was when it was straight out of the showroom.

The last couple of times I've been there there have been a couple of Jaguar XF's, a 1996 (i think) BMW 7 series, a Harley and a couple of Mercs. So at least I get a chance to ogle at some of these beauts while my humble Polo is getting done.

The guys that run the place, Hemant and Rugved are straight forward people, they're not going to try and hard sell anything to you. On the contrary, they'll explain the pro's and con's of all their offerings with boundless patience, and they've always given me a descriptive answer for my infinite questions, no matter how idiotic.
And their staff are absolutely brilliantly trained and very professional with their approach.

Here are a couple of shots of my now nearly one year old car, a week after my last polish.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1315.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1314.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1312.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1308.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1313.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1324.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1309.jpg  

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_1323.jpg  

Last edited by mango_pal : 19th August 2014 at 19:16.
mango_pal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 16:05   #15
BHPian

So after a year of having read about this place and quite a few months after seeing it myself, I ended up there with my car on Monday 1st September 2014.

Due to a ignition coil failure, my car was stationary for a month during this monsoon, more so because I wasn't getting the time to go to the garage and get it sorted out. During this period of non usage, it had developed some fungal growth in the interior due to excessive moisture in the air. Once I got the car repaired, I did my bit with dry wiping the interiors just to make it usable, but it was still a mess. An interior job had anyways been due for a while, hence decided to pay Motoshines a visit.

Met Rugved there, who is a nothing short of a brilliant chap. I'd called him before going, and he ensured that he can start on my car right away. Reached at about 11 in the morning.

He took the car in, had a look, and showed me the available packages. I opted for the platinum package since I wanted shampoo and sterilisation done. He just told his boys to start working. They seem well trained, and needed no further instructions.

Work was started, and Rugved offered me to sit in his waiting area. While there, we had an extensive discussion about detailing. He showed me all the products he uses and sells, and I spoke to him extensively about my DIY quests. He is a very knowledgeable guy about car detailing, and is firm about his trade. He is not ready to cut corners in quality to reduce costs, and prefers doing only the highest quality job even if it costs higher as compared to competition.

It took about two hours for the job, in which they cleaned, dusted and shampooed the entire interiors (seats, dashboard, doors, floor, roof), washed the mats, sterilised and disinfected the entire cabin and the AC vents. It was a top notch job. Total damages was about 2k odd. Very much worth it.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_20140901_132357.resized.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_20140901_132409.resized.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_20140901_132428.resized.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_20140901_132455.resized.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_20140901_132537.resized.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_20140901_132603.resized.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_20140901_132615.resized.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_20140901_132629.resized.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_20140901_132707.resized.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_20140901_132715.resized.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_20140901_132722.resized.jpg

Car Detailing - Motoshines (Andheri, Mumbai)-img_20140901_132803.resized.jpg

All in all, I am definitely going back to this place for future jobs, and a periodic steam wash. Highly recommended.
swarnava.m is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks