Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 80 66.12%
Recommended 36 29.75%
NOT Recommended 5 4.13%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2022, 14:57   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

Does anyone have any recent interaction/purchase deals with the online seller called "BatteryBoss"? I purchased a 2-wheeler Exide battery from them in April and within a few months, the battery is losing charge & giving issues. I wonder if the battery might have been faulty or if I was passed on a defective piece.

Moreover, when I contacted them, I was informed that they do not provide onsite support for 2-wheeler batteries. I wonder how valid and relevant that statement is since if they can deliver a battery at the doorstep, why can't the replacement happen on similar lines.

The overall interaction is making me somewhat uncomfortable. Therefore, before I progress further, I want to know how many have taken their service and if have faced a similar fate, dealing with the BatteryBoss team.
Old 17th October 2022, 13:26   #137
BHPian

Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

TyresnMore also do battery replacement.

Got the battery changed from our TVS Jupiter(12v 5AH), I chose cash on delivery.
They were prompt in contacting me soon after the booking and promised installation the next day. Time window was not given, only mentioned that they would be able to do installation in the morning and I didn't ask for the same.
Next day morning was contacted by their service tech and asked for location, and he came over shortly afterwards.
Had the required set of spanners tools to do the replacement.
I had asked for credit card as payment mode, soon after handing installation and handing over the warranty card, payu money link was share to make the payment.

The entire process was smooth and hasslefree.

They charge 200 for the onsite installation & delivery and installation while Batteywale charges 150.

Still went ahead with it tyresnmore since I wanted to try out a different vendor.
Old 17th October 2022, 13:39   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Batterywale charges 150.
Batterybhai / Batterywale have free delivery and installation. Have you been charged extra? I've used Batterybhai quite a few times, and the price quoted on the battery is what I've always paid, nothing extra.
Old 17th October 2022, 15:42   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Batterybhai / Batterywale have free delivery and installation. Have you been charged extra? I've used Batterybhai quite a few times, and the price quoted on the battery is what I've always paid, nothing extra.
My earlier experience with Batterybhai & Batterywale was for car batteries. I was not charged for the same.

This is the first time I tried an online portal for a 2 wheeler battery.
Since, the cost of the battery itself is quite low, I suppose they need to charge for delivery.

In my case batterybhai showed out of stock for all manufacturers.
Batterywale charges - quoting from the site
Quote:
Bike Batteries can also be home delivered and installed for an extra cost of Rs.150 if the customer is located within 5kms range from our retailer shop and Rs.300 if the customer is located within 10 kms from our retailer shop.
Old 19th October 2022, 15:37   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
In my case batterybhai showed out of stock for all manufacturers.
Batterywale charges - quoting from the site
In my view, it does not make sense to buy 2 wheeler battery online if I need to pay 150/300 as delivery charges. This will bring the cost at par to (if not higher) the ones charged by local brick and motor battery shops.

Any area has atleast 1 battery shop in 1 km radius.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 18:19   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
In my view, it does not make sense to buy 2 wheeler battery online if I need to pay 150/300 as delivery charges. This will bring the cost at par to (if not higher) the ones charged by local brick and motor battery shops.

Any area has atleast 1 battery shop in 1 km radius.
True, the price was comparable to the neighborhood one.
In fact my wife had first approached the neighborhood shop. The guy tried to pull a fast one on my wife by not offering the battery exchange, post that I didn't want to contribute to his business.
Old 6th April 2023, 14:04   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad experience with Batterywale

Today, I had a bad experience with batterywale.

The battery on my Tiago AMT went dead and I ordered a new battery. I went with Tiago diesel battery since that has higher capacity compared to petrol- 50Ah for petrol vs 55Ah for diesel. Stock is 39Ah. I was sure that the larger battery would fit since both petrol and diesel tiago/tigor share the same battery tray and clamps. The battery polarity layout is also the same.

So I placed the order and got a call from their local tie up store who would deliver and fit the battery. The store person asked me to send me the pic of the battery via whatsapp and I obliged. The installation person arrived after an hour or so. During installation, I noticed that the size of the new battery was same as the old one even though I had ordered a higher Ah one. I questioned the installation person and he was unable to give a satisfactory answer.

After installation, I had to pay Rs.300 rupees more since the old battery was lower capacity than the new one. Once the delivery person left, I noticed that the model number on the battery was different from the one I ordered. I googled the model number, and the Amaron website said this model is for Tiago/Tigor petrol. I was miffed! I immediately called the person who contacted me and questioned him. He said that the diesel battery that I had ordered will not fit the petrol and hence he has sent and installed a petrol battery. Note that I had paid Rs.755 extra for the larger Ah battery. When asked about the extra amount that I had paid, he just asked me to contact batterywale. Also, he had no answer when I asked why he did not communicate this to me when he asked me for the pics. He had no answer .I told the person nothing doing you get me the battery model that I have ordered. He kept insisting that it will not fit. Later he agreed to send the right model.

The delivery person came back with the model I had ordered and I asked him to place in the battery tray and see if it fits. And it fit perfectly! This fellow basically tried to cheat me by installing a lower amperage petrol model battery when I had paid for a higher amperage diesel model battery. And when confronted he insisted on the fact that higher Ah battery will not fit. My point is there was no communication with me that they will be fitting the lower Ah battery although I had ordered a higher Ah one. He just wanted to pocket the extra amount.

The battery I ordered
https://www.amaron.in/product/amaron...04&level4=6106

The battery they fit
https://www.amaron.in/product/amaron...04&level4=6105

The local battery outlet who tried to pull this fast one on me is this

https://www.google.com/maps/place/%E...g%2F11g0215kqr

I think batterywale should come up with some mechanism of ensuring that the model of the battery that the customer has ordered is installed and no cheating is done by the dealer with whom they have the tie up.

So, I suggest everyone verify the model number before install when ordering the battery online from one of these aggregators, to ensure that what is ordered is what is being fit.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 6th April 2023 at 14:25.
sagarpadaki is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 14:12   #143
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad experience with Batterywale

They fooled us with the same trick for the Home UPS battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
This fellow basically tried to cheat me by installing a lower amperage petrol model battery when I had paid for a higher amperage diesel model battery. And when confronted he insisted on the fact that higher Ah battery will not fit. My point is there was no communication with me that they will be fitting the lower Ah battery although I had ordered a higher Ah one. He just wanted to pocket the extra amount.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 15:46   #144
BHPian

The Exide battery that came with my 2021 Mahindra XUV 5OO died unexpectedly last week.

Local shops were quoting 6,500 to 7,000 for a new Exide battery hence ordered one from Batterywale for 5,700. Got a call immediately asking when to come for installation and actually came as per the time committed. Did the installation quickly and left.

Would recommend.
Old 3rd August 2023, 12:18   #145
BHPian

Utilized the services of "Batteryboss" for replacement of my Baleno's 7 plus year old battery and the overall experience was good, would recommend the service.

Only checked for online service providers, in comparison with other online services providers like "Batterybhai" and "Batterywale", "Batteryboss" was nominally the cheapest.

Bought an Exide EPIQ-35 AH (77 Month warranty) (42F+35P) for 3700 under exchange. Service was prompt and time taken from first call to battery replacement was 5 hours, with the actual battery swap taking only 7 to 10 mins , no additional charges for ancillary services was demanded.
Old 17th August 2023, 09:39   #146
BHPian

I voted Not Recommended due to my experience.

I want to narrate my poor experience with BatteryWale.com. I placed an order for a car battery on August 16, 2023, at 12:36 PM at batterywale.com from ernakulam location. As this was my first time buying a battery online, I opted to pay online after installation. I received an automated email with my Order ID and a confirmation that I would be contacted soon.

However, I didn't receive a call as promised even after 30 minutes. I tried calling the provided phone number but no one answered. I reached out via WhatsApp at around 1:07 PM and received a response 15 minutes later, stating that I would receive a call from their technician.

Unfortunately, there was no further communication for a long time. Then, at 4:21 PM, I received an order cancellation email as below.

"Your ordered battery on Amaron AAM-FL-0BH45D20L for Hyundai Creta Petrol Petrol with order number ORDBxxxxxxxxB has been cancelled due to cancelled- Dealer is not well admitted in hospital. For any kind of Assistance please call to 9666300003."

No calls, No apologies, nothing. I contacted them again on whatsapp and they gave the same reply as email. Since it was not an urgent scenario and if its a genuine case of hospitalisation, I was ready to wait for a week or two. So further enquired them whether i could place the order sometime later. They replied that "no information about when the dealer will be back".

At this point i was bit suspicious. If they don't have a dealer available at ernakulam, why couldn't they disable the services for the area and bring it back when the dealer is back?

I'm disappointed by the lack of professionalism and timely communication from batterywale.com. As someone experienced in business, I expected a basic level of professionalism.

My suggestion is to avoid dealing with them whenever possible and to avoid paying upfront. Don't expect any commitment or responsibility.
Old 17th August 2023, 12:55   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
I want to narrate my poor experience with BatteryWale.com.
Did they refund your money? Surprised they have only one dealer for a big city like Ernakulam.
Did you try Batterybhai.com? I had good experience with them.
Old 17th August 2023, 15:46   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Did they refund your money?
I opted for online payment after installation. Since installation not happened, no payment made. In one of the earlier message in this thread itself, it was mentioned that the customer had to initiate a charge-back for the refund.

Quote:
Surprised they have only one dealer for a big city like Ernakulam.
Yes. I asked the dealer name to batterwale, which they never responded. Seems they provided a lame excuse.

Quote:
Did you try Batterybhai.com? I had good experience with them.
Batterybhai.com don't have any service listed for ernakulam location.

I contacted Amaron pitstop this morning and within an hour they came and replaced the battery. It was a great deal and experience with them.

Last edited by sujithsidhardha : 17th August 2023 at 15:47. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
sujithsidhardha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 22:16   #149
BHPian

6.5 years on, the usual suspects of a low battery cropped up. Headlight flickering, long engine cranks, et. al. The Exide brand has served our family cars well so I decided to continue with it.

Finally had some time during Independence day to check out prices and deals. Our usual Exide dealer quoted 7k for a new battery, including exchange.

Battery change was always through the dealer and I've never used online platforms before. But after going through the forum, I decided to check on batterybhai.com for comparative quotes. They were offering the same battery for Rs. 5k - a whooping 30% discount.

The skeptic in me found it to be too good to be true but it was hard to resist so I did what I do with Amazon when I want a rush order - I placed a COD order on batterybhai and told them I'll pay by Card on delivery.

Since it was a holiday, I wasn't expecting a same-day response, but 2 hrs after placing the order, the guy called up and said he'll deliver it that very evening.

Sure enough, he we there with the new battery (Mfkg date: July 2023). All in all, the battery swap and the payment took about 15 mins. Payment was done through the pay link sent to my phone.

New battery works perfectly - engine cranked on the first go and everything is back to normal.

Personally, I think these websites are a great way to solve the battery problem. Will I be skeptical the next time I need a battery change? Absolutely! (When it comes to online ordering, nothing is set in stone. Fortunately, with online /card payment on delivery becoming easier, I don't see the need to prepay and block my money.)

Last edited by sidpunjabi : 19th August 2023 at 22:28.
Old 14th December 2023, 17:11   #150
Senior - BHPian

In case of any warranty issue with battery when bought from an online seller who will attend to the complaint? Will I need for example need to complain to Amaron directly or for eg to batterybhai.com?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks