Team-BHP - Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/152598-car-batteries-home-delivery-installation-batterybhai-com-other-online-vendors-2.html)

After getting stuck inside a petrol pump yesterday, booked an Amaron AAM-FL-0BH40B20L battery for my i10 via batterybhai.com website this morning after reaching office. Opted for COD as this was the first time I was trying them out.

Did not get any confirmation call in the next hour, so I went ahead and called them. The CSR told that the order has been approved from their end and the dealer should call soon.

The dealer calls within the next hour to know till when I am available in office, and promises to deliver before that.

Late afternoon, the delivery guys call me and come in with a mini truck (mahindra maxximo).

Installation was quick and simple, though a few rusty bolts on my car and the dim lighting in the basement parking did not help. The warranty card was signed after the I was fully satisfied that the new battery is working as expected.

Handed over Rs 3400+tips+old battery (new battery was 3900 - 500 for exchanging my old battery) to the driver+helper and I was done!

I am unable to complete my order on batterybhai. After checkout, the 'create account' does not proceed any further. BTW, am looking to replace the battery on our 'Alto' car with Amaron(AAM-FL-00042B20L).

Any local dealers in and around JP Nagar, B'lore? Please advise.

JMaruru - check www.carbatteryexpert.com and www.bookmybattery.com as well. Last week we were looking to change battery in my friend's car and found these two cheaper than batterybhai.

Finally we changed the battery in local battery shop, their quote was cheaper than all online stores.

So I suggest you to check all online stores and few neighborhood battery stores.

I am planning to change battery in my Chevy spark next month and find local store quote less (couple of hundreds) than these online stores.

Hi Folks,

Am not sure which one is a better bet, if I need to choose from Exide & Amaron (A* is cheaper + good reviews from fellow members).

Amaron - Go-AAM-GO-000 95D26R - Rs. 5000/- (With Exchange)
Exide - Mileage-FMI0- MI 700 - Rs. 5600/- (With Exchange)

Any suggestions would be welcome, for now I'm more keen to explore Amaron as previous Exide batt has given up post 3 years of service.

Went down to shift my Cruze today and realized cranking the engine was a little slower than I thought. The Exide battery was checked last month and was showing reasonable voltage, though my battery guy had given me a warning and told me that it might just die on me one given morning.
The slow crank pained me and I realized it's time to source a new battery. I didn't want to put a load on the electricals of the car by cranking the engine on a weak battery at any cost. So, I called my battery guy and he said the car ONLY works with a DIN80 battery. The DIN80 battery in India (according to him) is made by Exide alone. Now I have a STRICT allergy to Exide batteries. In fact, this car was running an Exide battery since just 2 years. I decided to go on to the interweb and checked GTO's thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ybhai-com.html (Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com)
I checked for DIN80 batteries and to my delight, they had an AC Delco battery in stock. Now, AC Delco is apparently made in the same factory as Amara Raja (Amaron) batteries, and General Motors has something to do with it (check the label in the photo) so I was happy I was getting a NON-Exide battery , and also a GM tech infused battery for a GM car.
But a bigger delight was in store for me. I placed a Cash on Delivery order with BatteryBhai (what a name! hahahahah) at 2 PM sharp. I got a call from their Mumbai dealer at 215 PM, that he would be at my place by 4 PM.
I was very happy to hear that, as generally when you place an order online, it takes a couple of days for delivery. EVEN Flipkart takes at least 1 day to deliver!
320 PM I get a call on my building intercommunication system that someone has come with a battery for the car!!!! Shocked, I go down and I see this guy ready to open the old battery and install the shiny, new AC Delco battery, still sealed.
345 PM I crank the car with the new battery and I hear a healthy, quick and wholesome crank.
He checks the voltage of the new battery while cranking, asks me, then to switch the headlights and AC. He checks the voltage drop and gives me a thumbs-up.

I am amazed with the quality of service. And I saved 1000 rupees over my brick and mortar dealer.
Also, I got an AC Delco battery over an Exide (which was probably the only battery my dealer stocks) and I didn't even have to get my car out of it's parking slot.

I love online shopping, but sometimes, it makes much more sense than going to a shop and paying more for something you have to buy out of no choice.

Full marks to BatteryBhai and a hearty thank-you to GTO.

Another treasure found on Team-BHP.

its nice to see online Battery stores are gaining popularity but it still needs to reach smaller cities.
I currently live in a small city and hardly any dealer who works with online store, so I'll need to get my car (Santro) push started later today and take it to the local store.

I checked on all the websites mentioned in this thread and it matches the price I am getting on local shop so no online shopping for me this time but hey wait, I might move to NCR in coming months
and then I would be able to do more stuff online.

I have used www.batterybahi.com services and a very happy with their service.
What I brought: Amaron 74Ah battery for Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI @ 7,850/- (with exchange of Exide 60Ah)
How was the experience: I have placed order @ 4.17PM and got the confirmation call @ 4.45PM and fixed the appointment for the next day 12.00 PM. He arrived at 1.00PM (no complaints for delay) and done the installation very professionally (he has all the tools and also knows how to change battery). I have read my car's service manual upfront and watching him silently. He followed the exact same procedure. In the end I am a very happy customer clap:
I would recommend for all the BHPian's

Used Batterybhai.com's services to upgrade my Punto's stock battery. Ordered Amaron 55 DIN battery today morning at 11.30. Payment was made through credit card. I got a call from the local agent at around 12.30. Agreed for installation at 7 PM.
The battery was brought to my home and installed after I reached home at 7 PM. The manufacturing date was November 2014, so not more than 1 month old.
Overall, very pleasant experience and I would highly recommend their services.

Had to change the battery today as the old one suddenly died.

Went Green with Amaron Go 95D26L from old Red Exide Xpress. Hope it is really Zero Maintenance as they claim.

After looking through all the sites, got the best deal from carbatteryexpert.com at Rs 4900/- with exchange of old.

Placed order, got immediate call back on confirmation, details etc and within 2 hours it was delivered, installed, tested with warranty and bill handed over at the site with COD. Fantastic customer service, speedy response and action.

Additionally, what I liked about this portal is the online chat. I was chatting with the person while looking through the sites and could understand a few aspects, battery details, manufacturing, final deal and place immediate order on the portal.

They are presently running Rs 200/- off additional to the rates quoted on site.

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-wp_20150309_16_04_09_pro-small.jpg

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-wp_20150309_16_08_53_pro-small.jpg

Cleaning terminals

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-wp_20150309_16_12_40_pro-small.jpg

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-wp_20150309_16_15_58_pro-small.jpg

Testing charging

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-wp_20150309_16_17_52_pro-small.jpg

P.S. Mods: This thread is becoming common for feedback on all battery portals, so it maybe apt to rename it so.

I used BatteryBhai's services in Bengaluru.

Bought the Amaron AAM-GO-565106590 battery for my Swift VDi of 2011. It ran on an OEM Exide all this while.
Costed me Rs. 4799/- with a Coupon Code worth 50 bucks and an offer which PayUMoney was promoting to use their service for the transaction, slashing another 50 bucks.
Ergo it was 4899 - (50+50) = 4799.

Booked the battery at 0800hrs on Saturday and the bhai called me up at about 0900hrs and we agreed to meet up at 1030hrs.

I noted down my HU's LPF and HPF settings and made way for the replacement which took him 20 minutes to replace the battery.

Job executed neatly and professionally.
He walks away handing over the warranty card and the invoice.

Batterybhai. com - OUTSTANDING SERVICE.

I posted a request on the site at 11pm for a new battery for my Tata Safari. Got a call in 5 minutes from the dealer after verification was successful.
order was placed at 1110 pm.
Battery was delivered and fitted on my car at 0930 am next morning.
Cash on delivery.
Absoultely hasslefree service.

Thanks to this thread, just finished up using the services of batterybhai.com for replacement of 3 year old battery on my Swift Diesel in Noida, Delhi NCR. Order placed today morning, guy arrived within 2 hours and took 10 minutes to complete the job. Payment was done online so no hassles of swiping / paying cash. Warranty card and bill were delivered and the person assured that selected battery is the best ! A reassurance never hurts you see. I searched other services as well but since prices were comparable and batterybhai.com offered a completely online ordering process so chose it above others. A big thumbs up to the service.

Saturday morning my car - 2011 Figo TDCi - refused to start. There was some weird noise - thik thik - coming on cranking. I suspected the car's battery as it was 4 years old, but I was not very sure myself. Anyhow, went ahead in a friend's car and came back home only till evening. Using the self diagnostic tool in the Figo found that the voltage was around 12v and would go down to 11.5v on cranking. Again, the voltage was not very low to conclude that the battery is the culprit.

During the day I had read this thread that has splendid reviews about batterybhai.com. So I went ahead and placed an order for Amaron Flo - 45AH for Rs 3,900/- around 5pm. By 7:30pm, the guy was at my doorstep with the battery.

But there was more adventure in store. He just had a plier, and that was not enough to open the rusty nuts. He seemed to be a novice too. Had to shoo him away before he breaks the terminals itself. "Not-so-good-experience" I thought.

Next day morning, went to a local battery store close to my place. He quoted Rs 3,800/- for Amaron Flo :eek:, but didn't have it in stock and couldn't procure one because it was a Sunday. He had Exide and that was Rs 600 more than Amaron. I didn't find it worth it. He suggested that he can help me jumpstart the car for Rs 150. Now this was good as my lingering doubt about the battery would get confirmed. So brought him home and the car started immediately on jump starting. Great, doubt cleared! I went to a hardware store, bought some sand paper and WD-40 and sprayed it on the nuts.

Now it was a sweet coincidence that the guy from last evening called me again. He said he'll come down himself and not send some novice. As I was not finding Amaron Flo nearby, his call was God sent. He comes home in another 30 mins, replaces the battery in 10 mins and that's it. The car is back in shape. He gives me the guarantee card and says I can call him directly next time when I am in need. He adds that he'll give a better discount than batterybhai :).

So long story short, go with batterybhai if you don't want to spend time going to a local store. Otherwise you can get the same battery at a local store at a better price.

I tried Batterybhai prices once and found them to be slightly more expensive than a shop that I usually buy car batteries from.

Checked batterybhai prices, called up the local dealer and realized that the prices online were about Rs. 500-700 more than the former. I asked for a further discount from the dealer and he was happy to oblige. Most battery shops will willingly come home and change the battery for you. They surely do a buy back for the old one as well. In the age of mobile POS devices, paying via a credit card isn't difficult either. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 3704248)
I tried Batterybhai prices once and found them to be slightly more expensive than a shop that I usually buy car batteries from.

Checked batterybhai prices, called up the local dealer and realized that the prices online were about Rs. 500-700 more than the former. I asked for a further discount from the dealer and he was happy to oblige. Most battery shops will willingly come home and change the battery for you. They surely do a buy back for the old one as well. In the age of mobile POS devices, paying via a credit card isn't difficult either. :)

I too checked the battery price for my Etios from Batterybhai.com (3400) and carbatteryexpert.com (3200) After that, I used justdial and got the battery at a lower price (3100). After buying, I saw letsbuybattery.com has listed the same battery for 3100. Not sure about the site though.