Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 80 66.12%
Recommended 36 29.75%
NOT Recommended 5 4.13%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 19:34   #46
BHPian

re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

Is there any guarantee that any of these websites would help to fix in 4 hours or any specified time limit?

I am going through an entirely unique problem. My car key are lost and duplicates are on the way. Once the keys come, the workshop mechanics would be pairing the key by programming in the ECU. The mechanics have clarified that they would need to start the car for this.

Recently, I found out that one cell is weak/dead in the car battery. Thus, I would have to preferably arrange the battery guy and workshop mechanics at the same time. Any information in this regard would be useful.

From most experiences mentioned in the thread, it is clear that BatteryBhai does serve really fast.
Old 6th January 2016, 18:37   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

Just placed an order for an Amaron DIN50 for my Palio 1.6 GTX thru Car Battery Expert website.

http://www.carbatteryexpert.com/Mumb...8-100-6-1.html

Checked BatteryBhai & Batterywale site and found this to be cheaper. Checked with some shops who either bluffed that DIN 50 is not available in Amaron or who had only exide stocks, were quoting 5000/-. There was one shop in Powai who quoted 4200/- for Amaron, but didn't want to drive all the way and take my friend there for negotiation; I would rather have this done in a time saving fashion than driving around in the traffic and spending fuel.

Had called them yesterday to enquire and today I got a call back as I hadn't placed the order. I placed the order at 6.28 PM and got a call back immediately and the time is scheduled at 11.30 AM tomorrow. The staff was courteous thru out.

Will update once the installation is over.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th January 2016 at 18:39.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 12:08   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

CarBatteryExpert.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Just placed an order for an Amaron DIN50 for my Palio 1.6 GTX thru Car Battery Expert website... the time is scheduled at 11.30 AM tomorrow...Will update once the installation is over.
I got a call from the guy (who came all the way to Sakinaka from Borivali) @ 11.29 AM from my gate!! After installation, he was on his way back at 11.45 AM which included me going down to pick him up, going to the car in the basement and fixing it. The time to test the old battery, fix new one and test it, give me the bill and warranty card was ~10 mins.

The old battery was showing around 12V and he said it was showing 0 while cranking (the car didn't start in first crank either) which hints at one of the cells died. With the new battery installed, the car starts in half crank!!

The voltage is shown as 14. It stays so even after switching on A/C, head lights and fog lamps which is really good.

EXTREMELY HAPPY with the transaction thru the CarBatteryExpert.com site. This is such an easy purchase sitting at the comfort of my home.

Final Price : 4300/- after exchanging a DIN44 battery. I was told that they'll give me the same exchange price though the batterries were not of the same capacity (Got a DIN50 against a DIN44). Other shops reduced 200-300/- since the old battery was DIN44

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for the best price (I could manage) and a good experience.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th January 2016 at 12:18.
swiftnfurious is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 11:47   #49
BHPian

Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

Just placed order with CarBatteryExpert.com, Amaron battery for my Swift.

Immediately got a call for confirmation and asking for the convenient time.

The battery will be replaced today itself.

I was just WOW..!
iamahunter is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 19:37   #50
BHPian

Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

Update:

The battery was replaced today itself.
Technician came right on the given time and had the tools for the job.
15 minutes, and the job was done.

My Swift cranked up to life.

Excellent service. Would highly recommend.
iamahunter is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 14:03   #51
Senior - BHPian

Got the car battery changed for the Linea through batterybhai.com. I selected the battery on the site in the evening, got a call from a dealer within 15 mins. He wanted to know when and where I wanted the battery. I asked him if he could manage it the next day as i was stuck at work. He asks me if he could do it at 6am the next day (saturday), they wanted to start early as it helps them avoid the traffic and meet the timelines.
Next morning, the guy was there at 6am on the dot. Battery changed, tested, warranty card given and out by 0615 hours. Brilliant service. This was the third time I used their service and have never had a chance to complain.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 14:42   #52
BHPian

My A-Star's OEM Battery (Amaron Flo) finally gave up yesterday morning just as i was about to leave for office from home.
It lasted for 50 months (4 years and 2 months).

So, last evening around 6:30 PM placed an order for Amaron Flo (AAM-FL-00042B20R) on CarBatteryExpert.com for Rs.3025. Got a call from their customer care within 15 minutes and was told that somebody from Bangalore would give me a call. Waited for an hour and lost all hope.

Got a call at 11:00 AM today morning, just as i was about to start for office, from the Seller telling me that his technician would come over in an hour to replace the battery. After providing the directions, the person landed at my home around 11:55 AM.
He replaced the battery within 15 minutes and after the payment + tip he was on his way back.

Must say, i was really impressed by the quick turnaround.

P.S: One thing i read on their website was, if you place the order within 4 PM or 5 PM, then they would replace the battery that day itself or else they might do it the next day.

Last edited by a*ed : 9th February 2016 at 14:44.
a*ed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 16:09   #53
BHPian

My Battery did not give up as such. Rather it had developed "Extra Power" . Somehow, after 4 years of usage, the battery developed a strange problem, the symptoms of which were flickering of the LED lights in the car while I had almost one headlight bulb conked off over the last 4 months . Initially I thought the culprit to be the alternator, which was overhauled. In my last trip to chennai, both the front Parking LEDs as well as one of the headlamps went kaput. Finally, after talking to a battery expert, we zeroed in on the battery. This was surprising as the flicker used to stop when the ignition was put off.

After procrastinating for months, decided to change it and booked my battery- Amazon Flo50 yesterday evening. Received a call within an hour. The bhai finally comes to my office parking- changes the battery and drives off- all within 15 minutes(including stamping and signing the warranty card- NEAT ). The flicker is gone for now- touchwood
adg_andy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 19:26   #54
BHPian

After full five years and 3 months, I finally decided to get the battery changed. Got a good price on CarBatteryExpert and booked it. Call back received within one hour - sealed battery replacement happened at doorstep sharp at agreed time with voltage check and guarantee card duly filled in. Overall, great experience

On a side note, I don’t know if it is just me, but post the battery change, I have observed better AC power and smoother running of car especially while starting from zero speed.
nug1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 21:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

After 5 years 8 months, the battery on my Forester suddenly gave a problem and I decided to go with Batterybhai.com service for getting a new battery.
Since I had to get it really fast, I decided to speak to someone rather then placing the order online.
The person on the phone wasn't very polite and could not be of much use in terms of identifying the right battery.
The delivery person (who is from a battery shop) was on time but got a wrong battery. After seeing my car he realized the mistake and went back to get the right one. They had listed wrong specification (45AH) for Forester on the web site, which lead to this confusion.
Overall they job was done but with little hiccup.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 13:52   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Overall they job was done but with little hiccup.
I had been to a place which is outskirts last night and when I got back in the car I found the car was dead and wouldn't start. I was panic for a moment but realized that it was a problem with loose connection. Looks like the installation folk had not tightened the nuts.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 15:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

When my Scorpio ( 2011 model ) was on the verge of completing 5 years this February I decided not to take a chance and face cranking problems suddenly one day on the way to an important meeting or other work.

I called up Battery Bhai in Gurgaon, after choosing the Amaron battery I wanted, placed the order and fixed up the time as 10 AM the following day.

The installation boy was there at 9.45 AM and he did the job perfectly. I had opted for cash on delivery and the money was given to him at the time of installation.

A very good service indeed.

Earlier I had got my Thar battery also changed through them. The OE Thar battery had lasted just 2 years and 5 months. Maybe because of the auxillary lights and spot light that we use off road, this would have taken a toll.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 17:40   #58
BHPian

Going by some of the reviews here, I decided to try out batterybhai.com to order a Aamron 65ah battery for my Xylo E4. Suffice to say that the service was super duper quick and that too today on a public holiday for Eid.

As soon as I placed the order and even before I could even check my confirmation email, within a minute I got a call from the company confirming my order and informing me that the consignment would reach me in an hour.
Inside 15 mins I got a call from a guy saying he is standing next to my car with the new battery. The battery was changed in a jiffy..checked and installed, old battery taken away ..money exchanged hands and within 20 mins of ordering online my car had a spanking new battery!!

Awesome service!
nix1976in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 16:40   #59
Senior - BHPian

My dad had a great experience with Batterbhai.com. Our Omni's battery decided to give up last night. I suggested him to try Batterybhai after reading positive reviews here. He ordered last night and the guy was present with the battery this morning. The installation was done very quickly and the old battery was taken away. I would highly recommend their service.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 10:54   #60
BHPian

Got the OEM Exide replaced with Amaron through carbatteryexpert.com yesterday. Compared it with Batterybhai and Batterywale and found carbatteryexpert to be way cheaper.

Put a request sometime in the afternoon but opted for COD since online transactions were being charged additional 2.5%. Its after submitting the request it displayed a message saying that any request submitted after 6 PM on a day would serviced after 10 AM the next day which meant that their working hours were only till 6 PM probably.Unfortunately I gave my home address while the car would be in office till atleast 7.30 PM and in the morning wouldnt be at home after 9 A.M.

Anyway I got a call within 5 mins from their main office confirming the order and also an instantaneous email of the order too. On the call I told the lady about the problem and she said there is no issue as a car can go anywhere and they will service it. SHe said I would get a call from the local office and I should tell them about the new location where I wanted the delivery. I was fine by that.

In a few hours, got a call from the local office and they said that will it be fine if the battery is replaced between 4-6 P.M. I said it is fine but then I want it at a different location. SHe said it might not be possible as the order has a different address but anyway asked me to send the details of the new location.

Later I got a call from the battery guy himself. Told him the same thing and he asked me when will the car be at the location mentioned in the order. I told him by 8.30 PM. He said he will come at 8.30 and change the battery..

Reached home at 8.00 and promptly got a call from the guy at 8.30 that he is already in my building. Went down and took him to the car. While he was changing I asked him what their working hours were and he said its till 7.00 PM but they do replacements even later if its nearby.

He changed the battery, checked the voltage with headlights and AC on (with car running ofcourse), did all the required entries on the warranty card and gave me the bill. I asked him whom should I call if there is an issue with the battery - carbetteryexpert or Amaron outlet or his shop and he asked me to call on the number given on the bill.

The warranty on the battery is 2 years +2 years pro rata and the total cost worked out to be 4125+ tips (he never had any expectation of a tips and was fumbling his pockets for the change when I told him to keep the rest) in exchange of the old battery. This anyway was the cheapest including local vendors.

The only problem of getting it done outside the service center is that the clock and date have reset while trip meters and total time driven have been set to 0. So now I need to sit and again correct the date and time. Wonder why they couldnt give a button cell or equivalent in the car which would help retain the info on the date, time, trip meters and total time driven during a battery change.

Overall an EXCELLENT experience and would definitely recommend carbatteryexpert.com to anyone looking to change their batteries online.
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks