Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 80 66.12%
Recommended 36 29.75%
NOT Recommended 5 4.13%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 11:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Got the OEM Exide replaced with Amaron through carbatteryexpert.com yesterday. Compared it with Batterybhai and Batterywale and found carbatteryexpert to be way cheaper.

Overall an EXCELLENT experience and would definitely recommend carbatteryexpert.com to anyone looking to change their batteries online.
Checked carbatteryexpert for online quote of battery for my Punto. The Thane cost displayed for DIN 50 was Rs 4025 with old battery exchange whereas for Mumbai the cost seen was Rs 4225. There is an offer going on for Rs 75/- off on battery buy. Called up their customer care for the 2.5% charge for online payments, the lady assured the 2.5% charge equivalent would be handed over to me in cash by the technician. I was promised an assured delivery within 3 hrs. But they operate till 6 pm only for Thane area. Will be going with them as they are the cheapest amongst the online and store quotes.

I asked them about the date of battery manufacture, they said the battery may be 2 months old, however the battery warranty would start from the day of purchase.

What model of Amaron did you buy and what Din?
Old 25th August 2016, 12:33   #62
BHPian

Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Called up their customer care for the 2.5% charge for online payments, the lady assured the 2.5% charge equivalent would be handed over to me in cash by the technician
Did not occur to me to call them and ask about this. Anyway gave COD and it was fine

Quote:
What model of Amaron did you buy and what Din?
The one I got was the AAM-FL-000BH45D20L of 45AH for the hyundai i20
Old 26th August 2016, 10:53   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will be going with them as they are the cheapest amongst the online and store quotes.
Ordered the Amaron AAM-FL-550114042 (DIN 50) battery from carbatteryexpert.com. Smooth payment process, got a call within 10 mins of order placing. They asked my preference of time for installation. The guy comes 10 mins before scheduled time, replaces the battery within 10 mins, checks the battery for voltages, hands over the warranty card + bill + Rs 100 (2.5% charges of online payments). All done within 20 mins. Super satisfied. The battery is July 2016 manufactured. The engine cranks super smoothly and the battery voltages was as per requirements with AC, headlights and 12V supply On. Will recommend this website as they have competitive prices.

Only point of concern was the installation guy comes on an Activa with the battery and he said it took him 25 mins to travel from Borivali to Thane. he said he could have come much more faster if required.
Old 26th August 2016, 10:59   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Only point of concern was the installation guy comes on an Activa with the battery and he said it took him 25 mins to travel from Borivali to Thane. he said he could have come much more faster if required.
The guy who came to change it on my car also came on a kinetic. We have a podium parking which is open to visitors while the basement parking isnt open to visitors. I asked him if he could take it down in the lift and replace it as my parking is in the basement and he said its very heavy. Nevertheless, took him down on his vehicle itself and asked him to change it.
Old 29th August 2016, 16:17   #65
BHPian

After 6 years of purchase, stock battery (Amaron) on my Optra Magnum Diesel died. I logged on to letsbuybattery.com and placed an order for replacement. Price quoted and process for replacement was pleasing. Will recommend to others. However, please note that letsbuybattery.com is an aggregator - so the level of service may vary from location to location because of different vendors
Old 29th September 2016, 13:56   #66
BHPian

Just got my fabia's battery changed through carbatteryexpert.com.
Placed order on their website at 12pm and within 1 min received a call from them. Lady over the phone asked my preferred time of installation, i said 2 pm is preferred. The guy arrived at 1.20pm. Installed battery in 5 min gave me receipt and warranty card and left. I compared prices with batterybhai, batterywale and local vendors carbatteryexpert offered best price. Actually my old battery was still under 4th year of warranty which as per local vendors' calculation i was entitled to get 20% off MRP. But this still came out to be expensive compared to buying a new one (strange but true). If i decided to claim warranty, i would have had to pay Rs. 5175. I paid Rs. 4925 for the same model of Amaron DIN 60 battery.
Overall very happy with carbatteryexpert.
Old 18th October 2016, 19:03   #67
BHPian

Car: Maruti Suzuki Ritz Zxi
Registration Month & Year: Jan 2010
Engine: 1.2L K12B Petrol
Stock Battery : Exide 38B20RMF
Battery Manufacturing Date: December 2009
Service Life: 6 Years & 10 Months

Replaced with: Amaron Hi-Life Pro AAM-PR-00050B20R
Warranty: 30 Months Free of Cost + 30 Months Pro Rata
Cost: Rs3,600/- with old battery buy back
Vendor: BatteryBhai.com
Local Vendor Quote: Rs.3750/- with old battery buy back

I placed the order with batterybhai.com at about 1100 Hrs and scheduled the installation at 1300 Hrs. The technician was unable to reach at the scheduled time and I was informed of this when I called up the vendor when it was past the scheduled time. I asked them to call me before starting to my place for installation which they did promptly in next attempt. The battery supplied was manufactured just 2 months ago (August 2016) and warranty card & invoice were handed over to me before commencing installation.
The technician was polite and carried necessary tools for the installation - all that's required are a size 8 spanner and a Philips screw driver.
The technician was not carrying petroleum jelly or alternative to cover the terminals and when asked, he conveyed it is not required for "Amaron Maintenance free batteries". I firmly requested him to stop the installation upon which he assured that it will be done when the car goes to the service center. I said - enough, and went to my apartment and supplied the technician with petroleum jelly which was then applied properly.
I feel, it's not a problem with the vendor, but the general attitude of technicians in India.

All in all, the experience was good and I find it very convenient to have a service conducted in the coziness of one's own garage while utilizing the payment options available online.
I would definitely recommend Home delivery and Installation for car batteries online.
Old 27th October 2016, 19:00   #68
Senior - BHPian

I had a problem with my Polo, the other day. The car was being worked on (some audio system installation but all amps were off) The car was unlocked for 3 hours and hence, this drained out the battery (I have a few things running directly on the battery, like a DVR and a day-night ORVM)
The Polo is just over a year old, and I had an Exide battery on the car as stock. It was a DIN45 battery but a 36 AH one. The battery gave way in RECORD time, that is, in less than 15 months. I was extremely disappointed, and despite knowing that the battery would be covered in warranty and I would get a replacement for free, I decided to skip the ordeal of going to VW and haggling with them over this or trying to prove it in front of them. I also had quite a few electricals running on my car, so I didn't really feel like getting an Exide battery, even as a free replacement.
I decided to check Batterybhai. I didn't even bother to call my local dealer, as I was sure that they wouldn't have what I wanted. I wanted a 45 AH Amaron Battery AAM-FL-545106036 in place of the 36 AH battery, which would mean a 20 percent hike in the battery holding capacity and that would also mean that the alternator and charging circuit would have to work that much lesser.
Ordered the battery in the evening at 9 pm. Got a call at 10 am the next day.
The battery was a brand new one with a recent manufacturing date. I happened to ask the guy why my Exide failed so quickly. He said it could have been a defective cell/s or then, just plain bad luck. He showed me the indicator on my old battery, and I was now relieved that I did have a bad battery and that my decision to get a new battery was not premature.
They finished their job within 10 minutes, cranked car, checked voltage, gave me my warranty card and bill, and we shook hands and left.

Again, great service. Superb convenience, good prices and no fall in customer satisfaction from the last time I used them (for my Cruze)

I am a satisfied customer who now has 4 years of warranty on his battery

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img20161027wa0021.jpg

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img20161027wa0020.jpg
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 21:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

Ordered an Amaron battery for my Grand i10 from carbatteryexpert.com and paid the amout via card. Within 15 minutes a lady called to schedule an appointment. The technician came along with the new battery, warranty card and bill much before the scheduled time (not that i'm complaining), fit the new battery and rode off with the old battery; all in a matter of 10 minutes.

This service is really very convenient and highly recommended should anyone need to get their car battery replaced.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:34   #70
Team-BHP Support

So our Vento battery packed up (again again).

I'm sitting at work, and the driver has taken the car to the roadside battery guy.

He's quoting 7280/- for a new Exide "DIN60". I tell him to hold on.

The name "BatteryBhai" pops into my head and I do a price check.

The same battery is listed at 5749/- on their site (after Rs. 1000 off for the exchange of the old battery).

I tell roadside battery guy this, and he can't believe it. He says taxes etc must be extra!

So, to confirm, I proceed to check-out on batterybhai, and since there don't seem to be any additional charges I just go ahead and complete the payment.

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-screenshot-20170523173414.png

45 minutes later I get a call from a battery shop, asking to confirm the order and delivery address. He says the new battery will be there within 3 hours (the shop was in the suburbs and I stay in the south of the city).

Everything went as planned, I got what feels like a good deal, and I didn't even have to lift a finger.

Happy!

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd May 2017 at 17:38.
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 17:52   #71
mxh
BHPian

My Honda City "Sonic" battery packed up today. (It was just 2 years 1 month old. Seems like Honda selected the cheapest battery without any consideration for costs).
Everything was absolutely fine till yesterday evening, but today morning I turned the key & nothing happened. So took my second car to work instead & called Exide batmobile to my home to get it checked. The guy says one of the cells has gone bad and the battery needs replacement.
Need help from the experts on the following points:
1. Should I trust the batmobile assessment or take a second opinion?
2. Are these online sites really cheaper & don't the local shops match their rates?
3. Any cons from dealing with online sites wrt after sales service & warranties?
4. The City comes with a 35 Ah rated L-type battery, can I safely go for a 45 Ah battery or should I just stick to the same Ah? What's the pros and cons of going for a higher Ah battery?
A prompt reply would be great as I need to make a decision & get the battery changed tomorrow...
Old 29th October 2017, 15:07   #72
BHPian

Ordered battery for my Honda City yesterday on Batterybhai.com

Had to make some follow up calls before the battery was delivered and replaced.

The website says delivery within 4 Hours, but took a little more than that. This is based on the fact that I ordered on Saturday evening at around 5 PM and till Sunday afternoon 3 PM, the battery was not received.

Had to give a followup call to Batterybhai.com helpline to get the dealer moving.

Not really a deal-breaker, but this stuff could have been improved or don't make big promises on the website.
Old 29th October 2017, 22:04   #73
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Ordered battery for my Honda City yesterday on Batterybhai.com

Had to make some follow up calls before the battery was delivered and replaced.

The website says delivery within 4 Hours, but took a little more than that. This is based on the fact that I ordered on Saturday evening at around 5 PM and till Sunday afternoon 3 PM, the battery was not received.

Had to give a followup call to Batterybhai.com helpline to get the dealer moving.

Not really a deal-breaker, but this stuff could have been improved or don't make big promises on the website.
What was the original battery and how long did it last? Which battery did you go for? I chose Amaron Pro 35 AH with 30+30 month warranty. Didn't go for the higher capacity one since the battery guy said it wasn't recommended and also it was a lot more expensive.
Old 29th October 2017, 23:30   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

prices from Online dealers does not have to be the lowest. Last month I needed a replacement for the Storme's battery. I asked the dealer here to match the online price, and he did it. Home delivery + installation included. Paid by card too.
Old 30th October 2017, 08:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
What was the original battery and how long did it last? Which battery did you go for? I chose Amaron Pro 35 AH with 30+30 month warranty. Didn't go for the higher capacity one since the battery guy said it wasn't recommended and also it was a lot more expensive.
The stock battery was Amaron. It was three and half years old with still some juice for 3-4 months.

I had noticed slight longer time required for during cranking. During the 70K Kms / 42 Months Service, the SA confirmed that the battery is weak and would be better to replace. I just didn't want to take chances with battery dying down in the middle of a drive specially when my Office is in Andheri.

I opted for Amaron 35 AH with 24+24 Month Warranty. Total amount paid was Rs. 3449 with exchange for old battery.

The Service Center had quoted Rs 4500 for a new SF Sonic Batter.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks