Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 80 66.12%
Recommended 36 29.75%
NOT Recommended 5 4.13%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2017, 21:21   #76
OSH
BHPian

Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

Yesterday used their services to buy a battery for my 2007 Honda City. Instead of ordering online, I placed the order on the phone. The numbers for a tele-order (9:30 AM to 7:00 PM) are 9555995119 and 9555895119.

On calling them, they will ask you the following; your city's name, car's model and the battery which you want. I exactly knew which battery model I wanted, so directly gave him the details and he confirmed the price. If you do not know the model number/name, go through their website and decide before calling. Before hanging up he will confirm your chosen battery and the price, if you have a promo code tell him now itself. He will then ask you to message your contact details and address on the same number you called, I even mentioned the battery model and car model in the message so that there is no mistake anywhere.

10 minutes after I sent my details, I got a confirmation message which had my car's model and battery model mentioned along with the order number. Then, after around 15 minutes I got a call from the battery dealer. Now here I faced a small problem, the model which I ordered was not in stock and the dealer asked me if it's fine if he can get it the next day. I checked with some of my known contacts and Amarons were indeed out of stock. I agreed to his request when I came to know that he was an authorised stockist/dealer for Amaron and he told me that Amarons were out of stock in the whole of Mumbai. He assured me that they will arrive the next day for sure, next morning he called up and told me that the battery has arrived and he can come anytime I want.

As per my request, the guy sent his technician in the evening and was on time. I checked the manufacturing date, model name and asked him to go ahead. The fitment was done in 10 minutes plus 5 minutes for testing, handing over the warranty card and bill. Paid him the money and a small tip because that poor guy came all the way from the suburbs in rush hour traffic. All in all I'm very happy with their services, would rate them a 9/10, not a 10 because of the out of stock issue nothing else.

The battery I bought was Amaron Hi Life Flo (AAM-FL-00042B20L), 48 months warranty period.
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-si_20171212_213627.png

Last edited by OSH : 12th December 2017 at 21:40.
OSH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 06:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I just didn't want to take chances with battery dying down in the middle of a drive
A question for experts: can this happen? Or will a failing/failed battery cause just a starting problem? Of course, you are exposed to that if the engine is shut off at traffic lights...

I recently bought a new Amaron battery from a shop around the corner and it was obvious the way batteries are made and sold today, the online route has now become very workable. All one has to do is make sure that the battery is manufactured in the past 2-3 months and get the warranty card filled in. That too could change if an online registration practice starts.
Old 13th December 2017, 10:27   #78
Senior - BHPian

Used services of BatteryBhai last weekend. Our 13 month old WagonR's battery was on its last legs. Since the car is used commercially, there are a lot of startups in a day, and frankly, I was happy with the battery lasting over a year. Note the stock battery was not maintenance free which meant that frequent checks and top-ups were needed.

Placed order at around 11am and the concerned dealer called me and took appointment for 2pm. He came on an Activa and the job was done in 10 mins. He carried the stamp and filled the warranty card right in front of me. Warranty starts from the date of purchase. He also said that for the next time, call him directly and he will match BatteryBhai's price and take online payment as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I opted for Amaron 35 AH with 24+24 Month Warranty. Total amount paid was Rs. 3449 with exchange for old battery.
Got the same deal, except another Rs. 50 was waived off as I found a coupon code online. Was quoted nothing less than Rs. 4000 from the outside for Exide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
A question for experts: can this happen? Or will a failing/failed battery cause just a starting problem? Of course, you are exposed to that if the engine is shut off at traffic lights...
From what I heard, frequent startups cause the battery health to reduce. Not sure if the battery will fail just like that, but you will surely get the warning signs. My Chevy Spark used to lose the charge in 3-4 days if it not used. We had to resort to jump starting the car. Got the battery changed and all is now good. If you feel that the battery is gonna go and you are not immediately changing the batteries, keep jumper cables in the boot. Most people will never say no to a quick jumpstart if you are ever stranded.

Last edited by blackwasp : 13th December 2017 at 10:30.
Old 13th December 2017, 10:43   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
you will surely get the warning signs. My Chevy Spark used to lose the charge in 3-4 days if it not used. We had to resort to jump starting the car. Got the battery changed and all is now good. If you feel that the battery is gonna go and you are not immediately changing the batteries, keep jumper cables in the boot. Most people will never say no to a quick jumpstart if you are ever stranded.
Jumper cables is a good idea, now that cars are not supposed to be push started.

But warning signals is what I thought will be there and if the car starts at home, I can't see how a weak battery can ever cause one to be stranded before getting to a destination as long as the engine isn't shut down on the way.
Old 19th February 2018, 09:34   #80
BHPian

I bought an Amaron Flo battery for my Ertiga Diesel through BatteryBhai.com yesterday. The experience was quite pleasant. I ordered at 12:00 PM and the battery was installed by 2:30 PM, that too on a Sunday!!

I paid INR 5369/- (after exchange of my old battery as well as INR 50/- discount using a Coupon code).
rahulb22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 15:30   #81
BHPian

Today morning, as usual, started the car to go to office and it wouldn't crank, all the dash lights were blinking and later on the door locks were also not locking / unlocking. The car is a 2 year old Skoda rapid 1.5 TDI which has run roughly 30k kms. I came back home and checked out the various online battery stores and found that http://batteryboss.in/ listed the lowest price for amaron 60AH, ordered one with a card on delivery payment option. In 10 minutes i got a call confirming the time slot which was 2 hours from the order time. The guy almost made it at the promised time, he came in an scooter with a card swiping machine, installed the battery in 10 mins and voila, I am ready to rev again. This is so convenient, professional and saves time and energy too. Though I was initially worried if the technician will be good enough, he allayed all my fears and seemed to know his work well. My only advice is, search around in few of the portals for the pricing as everyday someone or the other is launching new online service and may offer competitive prices when compared to the established guys. By the way the battery came well packed like how you would get it from the showroom, so no worries about any foul play.
Price :- INR 5300
Experience :- priceless
shinuak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 22:29   #82
Senior - BHPian

Has any BMW owner bought a battery from batterybhai? I am curious about the coding part that is required after a battery change in bmw's.
Old 2nd March 2018, 01:30   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Has any BMW owner bought a battery from batterybhai? I am curious about the coding part that is required after a battery change in bmw's.
Mostly coding should not be required. It’s pretty much plug and play for car batteries. The dealers try and convince you that coding is required but in reality not.
Old 2nd March 2018, 01:35   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Mostly coding should not be required. It’s pretty much plug and play for car batteries. The dealers try and convince you that coding is required but in reality not.
For the F30, coding is apparently required.

Quoting from a BMW Forum

"There are you tube videos showing how to code for a new battery. Leave it to BMW to complicate things unnecessarily. It's to allow the charging system to account for battery age and condition/type that's set in the coding. BMW typically charges around $450 to install and code a battery. Sears and PEP Boys likely sells the gel type battery your car needs, not sure if they code it however. Costs around $180-200 for the battery."

"As batteries age they require a higher current in order to charge. If you put in a new battery while the car thinks it's a 5 year old battery, the car's electronics will overcharge it and ultimately shorten the life."
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 14:20   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I really think coding is required, Its very much required for almost any BMW, Recently a friends E90 3 Series too required coding, To why is it required its quoted below by Abhi says it all. Risking putting in a new battery when the car thinks its an old one is asking for trouble, Specially when there are lot of electronics present in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
For the F30, coding is apparently required.

Quoting from a BMW Forum

"There are you tube videos showing how to code for a new battery. Leave it to BMW to complicate things unnecessarily. It's to allow the charging system to account for battery age and condition/type that's set in the coding. BMW typically charges around $450 to install and code a battery. Sears and PEP Boys likely sells the gel type battery your car needs, not sure if they code it however. Costs around $180-200 for the battery."

"As batteries age they require a higher current in order to charge. If you put in a new battery while the car thinks it's a 5 year old battery, the car's electronics will overcharge it and ultimately shorten the life."
Old 2nd March 2018, 17:41   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Keep in mind Batterybhai sells wet flooded batteries for the BMW not the AGM ones that come as OE fitment. I personally feel you should stick to AGM models as they are spill proof and will not emit corrosive gasses within the boot/trunk. Also, wet batteries require lower charging voltages than AGM varieties. Not sure if battery type/voltage can be adjusted during the coding setup.
Old 26th March 2018, 10:57   #87
Senior - BHPian

Our Activa stalled on the road and was not starting (In Blor) and I asked my sister over the phone to google BatteryBhai and call them. The search result is throwing up BatteryBoss. So she called these guys (Very rude over phone, this Siddharth. Then one lady Rushila called). Has there been a name change? They're on their way with a battery it seems! Can they be trusted?

Sitting at home I googled Activa Battery Spec on Battery Bhai and they're out of stock, so will go with BatteryBoss for now!

BatteryBhai, take note!

Last edited by Sebring : 26th March 2018 at 11:07. Reason: Missed something
Old 27th March 2018, 18:13   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I really think coding is required, Its very much required for almost any BMW.
Got Batteryexpert.com to install Amaron 100DIN battery in my E60 520d last week. Had no issues, plug and play in 13k
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2018, 17:51   #89
BHPian

I had Amaron FLO battery with 48 months warranty (24+24) which I had installed in Dec 2013 for my Swift Dzire Petrol. Last week I was observing car was not starting immediately and requires multiple cranking and immediately looking for replacement as last time I was struck on road with car not starting.

The MRP of same model is Rs.4700 presently and local dealers where offering same FLO battery with old buyback for Rs.3900. I did check with Amaron site online buying which recommended batterywale.com. The price was Rs.3450 including buyback and COD was available.

I had ordered yesterday afternoon, it was acknowledged promptly via mail/sms and today a person visited my house and it was installed. The make was March 2018 and provided bill and warranty card. I am happy with Batterywale experience.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 11:51   #90
BHPian

Bought "EXIDE" for my FIGO thru battery bhai for Rs. 4650/-, promptly he came today at 10 and installed in 10 mins. Got a Jan 2018 manufactured piece. (the original battery lasted for 8 years!)

Quite good and efficient service..

Subsequently the JSP ford guy came to the office to pickup the car for service.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-bat1.jpg  

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-bat2.jpg  

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-bat3.jpg  

Last edited by sumathindra : 31st May 2018 at 11:52. Reason: edits
sumathindra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks