Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 80 66.12%
Recommended 36 29.75%
NOT Recommended 5 4.13%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2019, 13:58   #106
BHPian

Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
How old was the battery you got ? bookyourbattery is 250/- cheaper than batterywale for my Punto battery.

The last time I bought from batterybhai , they delivered a battery less than a month old and their service was quite good. I have no experience with bookyourbattery but I understand these are all aggregators having tie-ups with local shops.
It was may 2019 manufactured & installed in June 2019, just a month old battery, BTW it was in sealed condition upon delivery

Read about it here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4603039 (Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review)
GSMINC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 18:07   #107
BHPian

Re: Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors

I ordered a 14ah battery for my RE Classic 500 from bookyourbattery last evening and got a call from them first thing in the morning. Replacement was prompt and fuss free and I'm quite impressed.
Earlier I've ordered from both batterybhai and batterywale and while they did a great job too, I'll probably stick with bookyourbattery for my next order.

Last edited by Roy.S : 3rd September 2019 at 18:17. Reason: Grammar
Roy.S is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 16:47   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
So our Vento battery packed up (again again).
So our Vento battery packed up (again again again!! - yep, 4th time).

The pro-rata ("warranty") discount is applied on the MRP (not discounted price). So sometimes it's actually just cheaper to buy a 'new' battery without the pro-rata discount.

The new batteries also get a 30 Month FOC replacement warranty + 25 month pro-rata discount on BatteryBhai.

Name:  bbCapture.PNG
Views: 2825
Size:  153.7 KB
Old 27th September 2019, 16:53   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Why not try Amaron?

Changed my Vento's battery only once in the last 6 years, in 2015 with an Amaron, till now no issues with the battery, no signs of battery failure too. I did not get the exact specification that day, so had installed a slightly bigger battery. Don't exactly remember the price or ratings.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 16:59   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Why not try Amaron?
Was considering it, and would have IF i purchased from BatteryBhai this time, but, the roadside guy gave me a pro-rata buyback price that was better than anything BatteryBhai had on offer, so I took that (and naturally had to stick to the same brand to avail of it).
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 19:10   #111
BHPian

Placed an order for an Amaron battery for an I20 Asta Petrol with Battery Bhai via the website at 3PM today, the battery was delivered and installed by 5:30PM. Got to say that was really quick, especially considering that the delivery guy came from Goregaon to Lower Parel (about 25 KM). Also, their prices were less than what a local guy had quoted by about Rs. 500.
Overall, I'd say the service was great.

Last edited by JoshuaS : 27th September 2019 at 19:11. Reason: Grammatical error
JoshuaS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 18:46   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Ordered a replacement 65Ah battery from bookyourbattery and I must say I was impressed. Spoke to Pavan a few times yesterday and he assured me that delivery will be done in the evening. At 7 pm he turned up at my place and replaced my dead battery. Spent 15-20 min talking cars and trying to get a sense of his business.

Would definitely recommend bookyourbattery for your battery needs if you are in Bangalore. They also have a referral discount program kicking off. PM me if you are interested in using the same.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 00:57   #113
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Was considering it, and would have IF i purchased from BatteryBhai this time, but, the roadside guy gave me a pro-rata buyback price that was better than anything BatteryBhai had on offer, so I took that (and naturally had to stick to the same brand to avail of it).
It could be a faulty alternator or cabling issue too. Would suggest to get these checked as well at VW while the battery is still new.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 18:53   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The stock battery on our i20 died suddenly earlier this week (although it did show signs of old age). Booked a battery on batterybhai around noon: of the recommendations (Amaron, Exide, SF), chose Amaron AAM-FL-BH45D20L BH (45 Ah) for Rs. 4750 (including return of old battery).

The vendor called in a couple of hours and said he'd visit around 6. Finally came around 7.30 and the job was done swiftly. Pretty good service! This was done on my mum's car in Gurgaon so she's mighty glad this was done at the doorstep at a fixed price than having to visit a shop and deal with the associated hassle.

EDIT: I'd asked her to check the manufacturing date of the battery: Nov '17, which the vendor obviously said its normal. Now, I can't really attest to that but visiting a store has this benefit of selecting the battery depending on age.

definitely not OK, maximum shelf life is 90 days, and then another 90 days with a refresh charge, but if u go to any unknown service center, you might face problems with replacements, with a answer that date of manufacturing and ate of sale, there is a huge difference
Old 23rd October 2019, 13:28   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Why not try Amaron?

Changed my Vento's battery only once in the last 6 years, in 2015 with an Amaron, till now no issues with the battery, no signs of battery failure too. I did not get the exact specification that day, so had installed a slightly bigger battery. Don't exactly remember the price or ratings.
While cranking yesterday night, I noticed the lights on the music player and instrument cluster flickering. But the car started normally.

Today went to a battery shop and checked the Voltage, it showed 12.4V, which was alright and told me it will work for a few more months. As I was busy, came back home and checked Batterybhai.com and saw an Amaron DIN 65AH at ₹5600 with exchange. I thought its fine, but before ordering, I called the local battery shop, they offered the same battery for ₹5000.

Lesson learnt: Online isn’t the cheapest place to buy. Always enquire at your nearby shop before ordering online, most of these shops also have home delivery and replacement.

Regarding the old battery, it was an Amaron 60AH and had lasted for nearly 4 years and 5 months! So going ahead with the same brand.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 15:17   #116
BHPian

I have tried BatteryBhai and bookyourbattery, and in both cases for Exide batteries (Mileage 35AH and 65AH).
In both cases, at the time of ordering, I'd explicitly asked for a battery not older than 2 months old and the same was honored.
Incidentally the guy who made the actual sale was the same in both cases (some shop in SP road in Bangalore)!
They were slightly cheaper (~500 rs) than the local shops.
Old 15th June 2020, 08:48   #117
HKP
BHPian

Does anyone have experience in ordering battery online during or after Lock down?

I want to narrate my poor experiences with BatteryBhai.com and BatteryWale.com

BatteryBhai

I had ordered the battery in March when the lock down was going on. I thought they will deliver once it is lifted. No emails update even in June.
I called them up and they are saying I have to cancel the order!. The reason, its a March order and cannot be serviced. My stand was like, if you cannot deliver, you cancel the order. Anyways, I had not paid upfront so I left it. I can still see the order online- In Process state!

BatteryWale

This one was on June 1st, 2020. The battery was available in the site, I went ahead and ordered and paid through credit card online. Successful order and got a call within an hour from the local delivery. He said he can only deliver on 11th or 12th. I told him to hurry up as much as possible. Around evening, I got an SMS that your order is canceled. The next day onwards I am trying to reach on their number, WhatsApp, and email. No response till today 6/15. No refund confirmation either. I called my credit card and informed about this transaction and they suggested putting a dispute, which I did promptly. It is still going on.

Overall, my learning is to avoid them in the future as much as possible. Never pay upfront if you have to. There is no order tracking or proper customer care in any of these operators.

Yet to replace my battery, planning to visit the local store in Hyderabad. Looking through reviews and options who can fit it satisfactorily. The car is XUV 500 W9 AT.

Thanks,

\\HKP

Last edited by HKP : 15th June 2020 at 08:52. Reason: Spell checks
HKP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 08:56   #118
Team-BHP Support

Used BatteryBhai a second time last week for our City in Gurgaon. The car was not in use during the lockdown and its four year battery couldn't sustain the downtime. Booked a replacement on the website, paid by cc and delivery was promptly done the next day.

Since I was remotely managing this, I asked the technician (?!) to tell me the battery voltage; he didn't know what that meant, was even more confused when I asked him to use a multimeter. I'd expected him to at least know the basics but clearly, his job was only to deliver and fit.

A neutral experience, yet again. I sincerely hope not much can/should go wrong in such a simple transaction.
Old 15th June 2020, 08:59   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
Never pay upfront if you have to.
When I bought from Battery Wale last December, I was asked to pay via UPI only after the battery was installed. After which the guy wrote up the bill and stamped on the warranty card.

Even Battery bhai had initially told me the same procedure when they contacted me.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 15th June 2020 at 09:02.
Old 15th June 2020, 11:17   #120
BHPian

I replaced the battery on my Honda Unicorn through Batterybhai. I paid as soon as the order was placed. I received a mail with all the details including the mobile number of the person who will be coming.

I called him up and he said during normal times, he would have completed the job this very evening, but now due to the lockdown he needs a couple of days. I agreed as I was not in a hurry. I had selected the incorrect model on their website and now needed to pay an extra amount. He pointed it out and said "absolutely no issues. I will bring the right battery and you can pay me through cash and UPI".

He did call up in a couple of days and said he is coming in a few hours. Dropped in as promised, replaced the battery and I paid up the extra amount.

The installation was perfect and this is my fourth completely satisfying experience with an online battery vendor .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks